Death Note Play

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Advent_Winter

Death Note Play

Post by Advent_Winter »

After careful explaination and weeks upon weeks of planning (and begging) I finally convinced my drama teacher to throw a DEATH NOTE play at my school. It'll follow through from the beginning of the series to  L's/Ryuzaki's death. with obvious edit's to cut back on time. I won the part of Light Yagami, one of the nerdiest kids in the school will be L/Ryuzaki and the shinigami will be played by people in kick ass costumes and small stilts, with wires to enable them to fly across the stage. All in all, this is the most expensive play in the school's history according to my drama teacher, so he'll definitely have my ass if people think it'll suck, but regaurdless, I'm super stoked for it.
Shin Amakiir

Re: Death Note Play

Post by Shin Amakiir »

Wow, congrats. Now I want to go watch Death Note again, thanks. :\ You should get someone to record it, so we can all watch it. :p
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Interesting idea to have one I suppose. However, I certainly hope it won't be frowned upon by parents.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

They shouldn't be, it's not any darker than Hamlet. Anyway that's pretty impressive! Good luck!
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Thanks everyone. I do admit though. It will be quite difficult capturing some of the epic scenes that take place within the anime, as some of them pretty much capture everyday, ordinary actions. For instance, the basic writing of someone's name in the notebook, or Light eating a potato chip, will be kinda hard to re-capture on a stage in the same fashion as how it looked in the anime. We'll see what we can do. :/