What got you into Anime?

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Re: What got you into Anime?

Post by SnowManZero »

thats probably because gundam seed came out a few years ago :D

Gundam the original series came out around 30 years ago, so of course its not gonna be shown on every day TV.

And truth be told, I never grew out of watching cartoons, i just grew out of watching childish cartoons and went to more serious stuff...

Like digimon. Digimon was good :3
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

Princess Mononoke
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

my dad bought me an issue of shonen jump for some odd reason, and on it was naruto (when it was first released here) i read it, loved it, and from there started watching anime. .hack//sign woukld have started it for me, but i never saw it on t.v. because of the air times, but i own it now.
AzureKitsune
Location: In a boarded-up house fighting off zombies with a frying pan and a shotgun.

Post by AzureKitsune »

I think for me it was either Dragon Ball or...I think it was .Hack
Flapjack

Post by Flapjack »

When I fell down a well an ended up in the feudal era. :D

Er..maybe that was Kagome....
hgtfhfhg

Post by hgtfhfhg »

Yu Yu hakusho and Rerouni Kenshin. Those were the first animes i remember watching and a few years after i had stopped watching anime i watched a few old episodes and got back into it again, but yeah those two really got me hooked.
Iron Fist Gale

Post by Iron Fist Gale »

For me it was the American Guyver Live Action Movies. When I saw there was an anime of it I snatched it up and the rest is history. Though I did watch Astro Boy as a kid and I did see Fragonball and Sailor Moon due to my kid bro it didn't get me until Guyver.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

Iron Fist Gale wrote:For me it was the American Guyver Live Action Movies. When I saw there was an anime of it I snatched it up and the rest is history. Though I did watch Astro Boy as a kid and I did see Fragonball and Sailor Moon due to my kid bro it didn't get me until Guyver.
LOL Fragonball is awesome *snicker*
{Fabled Hero}

Post by {Fabled Hero} »

Really what happend to me was that.. i would watch DBZ once in a blue moon and thought it was pretty cool..but never really got into it..but then i moved over to jersey from philly and i met a whole new group of people especially 2 people that were really really into it their names were Joel and John.. i really never hung out with them but i was always cool with them..but in my freshman year of high school i really found out who my true friends were. becuz some are just winey little **** *cough* Nick Cimorelli *cough* and i started to hang out with them...man i really found out who i was when i hung with them i found out that i actually love rpgs and i love anime and manga because of the 2 people (who i still consider my 2 closest friends ever) turned me onto..
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

{Fabled Hero} wrote:Really what happend to me was that.. i would watch DBZ once in a blue moon and thought it was pretty cool..but never really got into it..but then i moved over to jersey from philly and i met a whole new group of people especially 2 people that were really really into it their names were Joel and John.. i really never hung out with them but i was always cool with them..but in my freshman year of high school i really found out who my true friends were. becuz some are just winey little **** *cough* Nick Cimorelli *cough* and i started to hang out with them...man i really found out who i was when i hung with them i found out that i actually love rpgs and i love anime and manga because of the 2 people (who i still consider my 2 closest friends ever) turned me onto..
Cheese factor for this topic just went through the roof. Just kidding...

But not really.
Kitsune Reikon

Post by Kitsune Reikon »

I got myself into anime, I just watched it one day about 4 or so years ago. It just happened to be .Hack//Sign too. My favorites are .Hack and Inuyasha, a lot like other people i see. ;)
Kyero Fox
Pilot of White Glint
Pilot of White Glint

Post by Kyero Fox »

Anime got me into Anime.
-Loveless-

Post by -Loveless- »

Pokemon + My sisters Collection of unsuitable Mangas for children.
I guess Anime and Manga got me into Anime :D
Kitsune Reikon

Post by Kitsune Reikon »

Kyero Fox wrote:Anime got me into Anime.
hmmm... really good point
Wan
Diamond of Plenary
Diamond of Plenary

Post by Wan »

I think my eldest brother got me into Anime now that I'm looking back. If I remember it was Cowboy Bebop with the very first episode. Been stuck with adult anime since 8)
azureeagle
Ride on Shooting Star
Ride on Shooting Star

Post by azureeagle »

I also remember that one of the animes that first got me hooked was Gad Guard

Oh I miss Anime Unleashed.
Soulus

Post by Soulus »

The first animes i can actually remember watching was the classic "Outlaw Star" which really got me into anime and the not so classic "Pilot Canidate" which i liked but didn't get the best of reveiws
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

I liked the action sequences and the story. The character development was also something anime always did best at. Besides that I alwasy liked to hear the openings and ending themes.
Kyero Fox
Pilot of White Glint
Pilot of White Glint

Post by Kyero Fox »

Anime gets you into Anime, What else could?
Rental Daughter
BURRNN MY BREEADD
BURRNN MY BREEADD

Post by Rental Daughter »

For me... It was Sailor Moon way back when I was 3 or 4. I just automatically fell in love with any "cartoon" that looked like it (well, the whole "big eyes" factor ... or whatever I called it back then.) And then there was Pokemon... My parents bought me the little Pokemon "comics" (er... they were more like magazines or something) while I used my own money to buy Sailor Moon "comics." But I'd have to say Chobits was what really drew me in - even though I read that series when I was 10 or so. O__o; I was just curious about the series after finding out that the pretty picture I saw online actually had a "comic" and that's when the nice lady showed me to the lovely Graphic Novels shelf. -drool- @___O Even more love. And thanks to Google and Adult Swim, I got into watching anime instead of just reading manga. (: