22%
I really don't care
7%

Total votes: 41

TsukasaKitty

The ending of Cowboy Bebop

Post by TsukasaKitty »

Hey,
To all you who have seen the ending of Cowboy Bebop, What do you think? Do you think Spike is really dead? I do. I"m looking for opinions, so please write. Oh before I forget, Does anyone know anything about Cowboy Bebop Remix? If you do, please tell.
OrangeSlice

Post by OrangeSlice »

at the beginning of episode 25 the indian shaman Old Man Bull explains that a star fading out of existence signifies the death of a warrior. He later informs Jet Black that Spike's star is about to fall.

The final bit you see at the end, as the camera pans up into the sky, is a star fading out of existence.

Spike dies.
MasterKite
Location: Trying to master the art of walking on water..so far..unsuccessful

Post by MasterKite »

Also before Spike and Vicious fight each other they mention that only they can kill each other. Also when he tells I think its Faye the story about the cat its foreshadowed that he's gonna die. Vicious is killed so who would be able to kill him? no one that's who.
akuma2002

Post by akuma2002 »

Of course, Spike dies, but is it really a big matter ?
The Terror Of Death

Post by The Terror Of Death »

actually spike tells the story of the cat to jet.

but yeah thats another way to determine that he died.
TsukasaKitty

Post by TsukasaKitty »

Still it's sad and according to a magazine I read, there's a possibility he's not dead but asleep. If you listen closely to the song at the ending it has the following lines:
Life is just a dream you know never ending
Plus, Julia is heard asking Spike(more of telling Spike) If it's a dream.
Last but not least only Vicious could kill Spike, riight? Well Vicious didn't kill him. The only injury on him was from the fight earlier. Still, He could've died from a broken heart(Julia's death). I do think he's dead but it's too sad for me to believe( Spike is the coolest character, I nearly cried at the end). I'm sorry but I think the song proves he's alive but asleep.
dellbrow

Post by dellbrow »

i think hes dead. i dunno why tho probaly cause all ur facts.
TsukasaKitty

Post by TsukasaKitty »

TsukasaKitty wrote:Still it's sad and according to a magazine I read, there's a possibility he's not dead but asleep. If you listen closely to the song at the ending it has the following lines:
Life is just a dream you know never ending
Plus, Julia is heard asking Spike(more of telling Spike) If it's a dream.
Last but not least only Vicious could kill Spike, riight? Well Vicious didn't kill him. The only injury on him was from the fight earlier. Still, He could've died from a broken heart(Julia's death). I do think he's dead but it's too sad for me to believe( Spike is the coolest character, I nearly cried at the end). I'm sorry but I think the song proves he's alive but asleep.
Another detail would be that the star simply could have dissapeared. Just because it looked like it faded doesn't mean it did. I don't think Spike's dead, yet, at the same time, I do.
Iron Grunty

Post by Iron Grunty »

Directors Notes I read ahwhile back said it was up to speculation O_o...*Shrugs*
xeno

Post by xeno »

Spike lived trough alot of things but he could not get through that
however it was really cool,that song is still loopoing in my head
Ovan

Post by Ovan »

at the beginning of episode 25 the indian shaman Old Man Bull explains that a star fading out of existence signifies the death of a warrior. He later informs Jet Black that Spike's star is about to fall.

The final bit you see at the end, as the camera pans up into the sky, is a star fading out of existence.

Spike dies.
i belive he is dead also for this reason, its almost obvious that he dies at the end :D
TsukasaKitty

Post by TsukasaKitty »

Ovan wrote:

Spike dies.
i belive he is dead also for this reason, its almost obvious that he dies at the end :D
I do believe what you're saying, but if you watch the episode again you'll hear the old indian man say that there is two stars. One from the west, one from the east. One that's red, one that's blue. At the end you see the BLUE star fade. I think these stars represented Vicious and Spike. Which one is which? I have no clue. So that star could really be Vicious's star since they do not show the other star. And about the cat story, he replies at the end that he really dislikes cats. This could also mean that with Julia gone he feels dead, lost.
kite_blackrose

Post by kite_blackrose »

i believe that spike is dead considering what the old man says to jet
Lady Fiorji Knight

Post by Lady Fiorji Knight »

I dont know.o.o
its hard to tell...it points towards his death...but its spike...but i think he is...he ends it by pointing to the sky with a bang.
kite_blackrose

Post by kite_blackrose »

that could mean he's dead
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

I think he died for a few reasons.

1. What the indian said to Jet before anything happened.
2. What Vicious said to Spike in "Ballad of Fallen Angels." Which was 'I am the only one who can set you free." To which Spike replied "That phrase applies to you as well, Vicious." Which was basically foreshadowing each of them killing eachother.
3. Practically speaking. Judging by the depth of the cut, the weapon that cut him, and the amount of blood he loss along with the impact to the stairs when he fell, I really doubt he survived all of that.
kite_blackrose

Post by kite_blackrose »

thats true spike may be good but he's onyl human it looked like he did lose alot of blood
BlueHero

Post by BlueHero »

wow i love cowboy beebop so much its nice to talk about it again

spike is dead he with is love now in another world every thing points to his death they wanted a sad ending you remember it that way why do you think where talking about it and of course the very last line at the end of the cridits
"you will have to live with that on your shoulder" so sad and tragic but we will have to live with it
TsukasaKitty

Post by TsukasaKitty »

You can call me naive but I still think he's alive.
Stitches_OFire

Post by Stitches_OFire »

He's dead...Remix...?....AU