Anybody miss Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z?

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

tasigin

Anybody miss Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z?

Post by tasigin »

Personally, from what I saw of GT, the series kind of divebombed in popularity. I love the DB series' but after GT came to Toonami the episodes were so infrequent that I had no idea what was going on. And Im tired of only having one night a week on basic cable!!!
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Re: Anybody miss Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z?

Post by SnowManZero »

I do miss the episode's where the start leveling up and......

ok what about the ep's when they throw a punch or two....

hmm ooh, I miss the episodes where the current baddie gets his ass handed to him on a silver plater for good. Yes, all 5 of them.
Dead

Post by Dead »

dbz bleh... i agree that GT sucks. DbZ was good for me up until after Buu. That whole saga was kewl and the Kooler movies were good too, i never saw the brock movies though.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

I miss Dragon Ball but I don't miss DBZ. GT ruined the entire series because of how many times we had to sit through repeats and etc. Also it got ridiculous because everybody got too powerful that baby, the newest evil villian had to posses the Z fighters to stand a chance to winning, that's really lame.
silabus

Post by silabus »

im playing sparking meteor ,and downloading the espisodes ,but i miiiiiiiiiss them!
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

DBZ was good up to the end of the Cell saga, but the Freeza saga was the best one they had. RECOOM!!!! Omg, what a psyco lol.

I wasnt really a fan of Dragonball though.

Please, no gay "fusion... ha" dance! No hemmeroids making ur hair grow! And no fat pink redtard!
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

The freiza saga was definatly the best, but only because the creator wanted to end it there, but the corporate dude's were like DO NOT WANT! and made him make them more moneys.

And buu was cool.

Androids/cell-eh, it was preety good.
Kitezer

Post by Kitezer »

DBZ and Dragonball I do miss, GT was the worst of all. I loved the Buu and Frieza saga's the best though.
oslapedo
Location: Getting rescued by Kenpachi! Heck yes, it's about time!

Post by oslapedo »

Ah the endless balls jokes... good times.
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate

Post by SnowManZero »

oslapedo wrote:Ah the endless balls jokes... good times.

you forgot the "IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND" things
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

The problem was they got too powerful and had to go to increasingly stupid ways the keep the bad guys ahead after Frieza when just raw power wasn't enough. So we get Cell who could regenerate from fatal wounds, so in order to kill him they had to make sure to finish him off quickly. That wasn't too bad, but then we had Buu who would regenerate to perfect health in seconds (as seen when Gotenks beats him to near death but loses power just before he finishes him off. After 5 seconds Buu's perfect again and still is able to fight endless battles to the end of the arc, infact he pretty much fights non stop from when he fights Gotenks until his death, thats how crazy his endurance was, he always got his energy back instantly)Then we get to GT with Baby who could use the heroes bodies against each other (otherwise he was a wimp though in his natural form) and finally the last guys who were powered by the Dragonball"s themselves.)

Its because DBZ became all about power and who could fire the stronger giant beam. As opposed to One Piece which is not all about power(well sometimes it is) but skill and tricks as well. Luffy struggles equally against all the major villians, be they superhumanly powerful like (Enel), or just wimps with tricky powers (like Foxy)
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

kinda yes kinda now. that I miss it cant really say I watched it.
lukan
Author of "Black And White And..."
Author of "Black And White And..."
Location: Land of Prinnies, DOOD!!! Now with more pancakes!!(member of the Rotton Peaches)

Post by lukan »

well...I guess it's okay that you compared One Piece and DB(Z)......they kind of..........sucked after a while.
At least DB(Z) held out.....One Piece went down early....but meh.
I'm just not into 13+ stuff anymore......so I guess I'm biased since everything I now watch is just too different from these two series......all this was my $0.02 though!

=)
Toszi
LegendaryDarkKnight
Mediocre Madness
Mediocre Madness

Post by LegendaryDarkKnight »

I really liked the Cell saga.
That owned a lot.