My-Otome Zwei

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Vahn Staffear
The Mega Pervert
The Mega Pervert

My-Otome Zwei

Post by Vahn Staffear »

My-Otome Zwei is a Japanese OVA anime series, sequel to the original My-Otome anime series. It is being produced by Sunrise Inc.. A total of four episodes are planned, with three episodes already released.

My-Otome Zwei takes place one year after the events of My-Otome. The first episode begins with fallout from a meteor revealing a shadowy figure which begins to attack Garderobe and the Otomes. Meanwhile, Arika Yumemiya and Mashiro Blan de Windbloom have a heated argument which later leads to Mashiro's disappearance due to the shadowy figure's actions. The second episode follows Arika's search for Mashiro, which leads her into a terrorist attack in Aries.

Discuss?
Kouen
The Crimson Dusk
The Crimson Dusk

Post by Kouen »

After watching episode 3, it doesn't look too good for the Otome. Also there seems to be a lot of connections to HiME, which was originally thought to be a seperate universe from Otome.
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

Well, it is a separate universe. Nothing in Otome has anything to do with HIME except they're using some of the character's likenesses with different persona. There are some similarities though. Honestly, I don't mind. The stories have nothign to do with each other.

So far I've seen the three OVAs out right now and they were all pretty good (funny too). Like Kounen said, though, the Otome look pretty screwed right now.
Vahn Staffear
The Mega Pervert
The Mega Pervert

Post by Vahn Staffear »

Yeah some of the Otome have been turned to stone and Mai and Mashiro are stranded on some island. I haven't seen ep one nor two but that bath house scene was so funny. :]
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

I thought the bath house scene was a waste of time actually. They only have one OVA left to wrap things up which will make things seem rushed (Although rumor is they might have yet another series)

It also seems like the Hime and Otome world might actually be the same one after all.
lukan
Author of "Black And White And..."
Author of "Black And White And..."
Location: Land of Prinnies, DOOD!!! Now with more pancakes!!(member of the Rotton Peaches)

Post by lukan »

anybody ask or wonder how funny it is
that Vahn is the first to talk about My-Hime/My-Otome?

^_^
Toszi
Vahn Staffear
The Mega Pervert
The Mega Pervert

Post by Vahn Staffear »

lukan wrote:anybody ask or wonder how funny it is
that Vahn is the first to talk about My-Hime/My-Otome?

^_^
Toszi
Why because of the bath house scene or the fact that 99.9% of the characters in the show are girls?

I hope Nao and the rest of the stoned Otome will be ok by the time this is over.
DragonLord

Post by DragonLord »

Well they're turned to stone because the nano-machines in their bodies got screwed with by that dark figure right? I'm sure someone will whip-up a cure for that once they figure out who/what they're actually fighting. Otherwise I'll have to kill someone if Shizuru stays frozen in stone forever.
Vahn Staffear
The Mega Pervert
The Mega Pervert

Post by Vahn Staffear »

DragonLord wrote:Well they're turned to stone because the nano-machines in their bodies got screwed with by that dark figure right? I'm sure someone will whip-up a cure for that once they figure out who/what they're actually fighting. Otherwise I'll have to kill someone if Shizuru stays frozen in stone forever.
I think the nano-machines just stopped as a whole. Somebody better get Shizuru unstoned or somebody at sunrise is gonna die.

By the way when is the fourth OVA coming out?
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

The fourth one (supposedly the last but then again there were only supposed to be 3 at first) is coming out in August.

As for the stoned Otome, yeah they'll be back. If they wanted them gone they would have killed them outright. They probably just wanted Shizuru and Haruka out of action so the other Otome that the series neglected could get some screentime. As for how I dunno maybe the book or something (did stoned Nao get sucked with Nina to whereever she went? I couldn't see)
Vahn Staffear
The Mega Pervert
The Mega Pervert

Post by Vahn Staffear »

Jimbob wrote:The fourth one (supposedly the last but then again there were only supposed to be 3 at first) is coming out in August.

As for the stoned Otome, yeah they'll be back. If they wanted them gone they would have killed them outright. They probably just wanted Shizuru and Haruka out of action so the other Otome that the series neglected could get some screentime. As for how I dunno maybe the book or something (did stoned Nao get sucked with Nina to whereever she went? I couldn't see)
I think Nao was crushed when the bulding when down. What the hell is Akira doing while this is going on?