No votes
No votes
-.-o0.o-.-o-.o0.-o.-0o0-.0o-.-0o-.0o.
5%

Total votes: 20

sirk

Post by sirk »

hawthorneluke wrote:
BadRPiggy wrote:Well there were plenty of other names they could have chosen. Look at Blue Gender "Armor Shrikes" who would name mechs that!! But at least it was somewhat original?
i find it really amazing when you recognise the links to the real world from fictional things
in this case, terms or names from christianity
Yeah, like when you're watching Gundam, and some of the technical terms you hear turn out to be real things, or at least reference real things, or at least share the name as something that's real. Amazing.
marthwmaster
The Fullglass Optimist
The Fullglass Optimist

Post by marthwmaster »

sirk wrote:
hawthorneluke wrote:
BadRPiggy wrote:Well there were plenty of other names they could have chosen. Look at Blue Gender "Armor Shrikes" who would name mechs that!! But at least it was somewhat original?
i find it really amazing when you recognise the links to the real world from fictional things
in this case, terms or names from christianity
Yeah, like when you're watching Gundam, and some of the technical terms you hear turn out to be real things, or at least reference real things, or at least share the name as something that's real. Amazing.
I personally think Aegis Gundam is one of the coolest-sounding names you could come up with. Especially since there's no way to introduce "aegis" into everyday conversation without sounding pretentious.
hawthorneluke

Post by hawthorneluke »

O_O
aegis?
thats the name of like the best subbing programs :x (aegisub)
more awesome links :D lol

and yeah, technical terms are cool too, like dirac's (sp? probably completely wrong) sea, in evangelion (the angel with the shadow) and then, on some partical physics trip with school, hearing a bit about that :D
sirk

Post by sirk »

Yeah, stuff like the Dirac Sea. (Wiki it) Or Lagrange Points in Gundam. Or that Gundam uses DirectX.

Aegis is a naturally cool sounding word. (;
The*true*Terror Of Death

Post by The*true*Terror Of Death »

sirk wrote:Yeah, stuff like the Dirac Sea. (Wiki it) Or Lagrange Points in Gundam. Or that Gundam uses DirectX.

Aegis is a naturally cool sounding word. (;
oh plz god dont get me started with all things gundam.... Gundam wing was he best in my opinion, it was the closest thing to how i can se this world in a few years out of all the gundam series. i mean think about it.
1. the space coloies want to escape oppression.
2. the earth govt is failing(this is starting to happen)
3.the mechs were introduced to keep the peace in a waring world.(this is happening)
4.space mining is begining to take seriouse hold.(we are getting there)

i think personaly, that if we had these mobile suits war realy might just stop, becuase copared to a bomb a mech is a disastor. a bomb gets dropped in an area and kills the sorroundings. a mech comes in wastes everything and stays back to wait for reinforcements. no chance of resistance.