Will FMA Be Continued?

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Azure Knight
The Sasquatch King
The Sasquatch King

Will FMA Be Continued?

Post by Azure Knight »

I'm just wondering, will Fullmetal Alchemist be continued, like with another movie? I don't want it to end at Shaballa!!!!!
DotHack-Haseo

Pretty much

Post by DotHack-Haseo »

Every site has it's distinct personalities.

But there are three people here who stand out with their Personalities:

Mystere Man: Keyword Guru
Zer0: Megaman GAWD
and finally.......ME!
DotHack-Haseo: Fullmetal Fanatic

I don't think you will find anyone else on this site that knows more about Fullmetal Alchemist than me.

And I can assure you......that as far as it stands right now.......the anime stops at Conqueror of Shamballa.

The manga...I couldn't really tell you...but from what I have been hearing the manga goes beyond that. Personally I'm not a manga person.....but so far FMA is the only manga I collect. I've been on a budget problem lately so I haven't been buying them as much.

I do have a lot...but once I get to that point in the manga.......I'll be sure to let you know.
marthwmaster
The Fullglass Optimist
The Fullglass Optimist

Post by marthwmaster »

Well technically the anime diverged from the manga about midway through the series, so there likely won't be any CoS in the manga version.
ShinoBee

Post by ShinoBee »

Manga and anime are waaaaay different. Anime ended way back (so don't expect anything unless the fans in Japan get bitchy enough, since there were only about 50 episodes), and the Hagaren manga is still going and kickin'.

If you want the manga, I suggest buying the original from a local Japanese bookstore (some stores rip you, be aware! JPN manga is definitely cheaper than US releases!), sinc e they censor stuff in the US version.

Just be aware that there's extreme differences with storyline and progression. For example,  King Bradley is Wrath, and his son, Selim, is Pride (which was recently revealed)!
DotHack-Haseo

yeah

Post by DotHack-Haseo »

Yeah....i knew that much.
haseoxth
The Pain of Death
The Pain of Death
Location: I was told to go south,so I went where it was warmest,the sun.

Post by haseoxth »

ShinoBee wrote:Manga and anime are waaaaay different. Anime ended way back (so don't expect anything unless the fans in Japan get bitchy enough, since there were only about 50 episodes), and the Hagaren manga is still going and kickin'.

If you want the manga, I suggest buying the original from a local Japanese bookstore (some stores rip you, be aware! JPN manga is definitely cheaper than US releases!), sinc e they censor stuff in the US version.

Just be aware that there's extreme differences with storyline and progression. For example,  King Bradley is Wrath, and his son, Selim, is Pride (which was recently revealed)!
Selim isnt  Pride.Pride was just possessing him.Wrath wouldnt want Pride to close to him anyway.And Selim is to young to be Pride.Remember that people were they for Selims birth and Wrath adopted him to seem human.
Also its been reveiled that Pride can possess a body for a certain period of time,and is strongest in the shadows.Remember when he was talking to Wrath after he let the Xing dude get away?Pride looked to be in a military uniform and a hella lot taller then Selim.
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

No he didn't. Pride stood in the shadow's and all you could see was a part of his cheek. wrath talked to him from outside his room, which we had no idea where it was until selim came forward after that. Selim's power is to use shadow's to attack people, not posses them.

as for the question at hand, the manga will keep going, but the anime has and will stay stopped.
haseoxth
The Pain of Death
The Pain of Death

Post by haseoxth »

SnowManZero wrote:  No he didn't. Pride stood in the shadow's and all you could see was a part of his cheek. wrath talked to him from outside his room, which we had no idea where it was until selim came forward after that. Selim's power is to use shadow's to attack people, not posses them.

as for the question at hand, the manga will keep going, but the anime has and will stay stopped.
Your right your right.Sorry for the mis-information.
haseoxth
The Pain of Death
The Pain of Death

Post by haseoxth »

DarkRockman wrote:Yea the anime wont be continued but I think it wrapped up nicely with the movies end. Of course they COULD start another anime based heavily on the manga, kinda like the new "Negima!?" in japan.
Negima?! bombed...Horribly.And the FMA manga comes out once a moth in Japan,so there would be a hella lot of fillers.
haseoxth
The Pain of Death
The Pain of Death

Post by haseoxth »

DarkRockman wrote:
haseoxth wrote:
DarkRockman wrote:Yea the anime wont be continued but I think it wrapped up nicely with the movies end. Of course they COULD start another anime based heavily on the manga, kinda like the new "Negima!?" in japan.
Negima?! bombed...Horribly.And the FMA manga comes out once a moth in Japan,so there would be a hella lot of fillers.
haha, didn't know Negima!? bombed but I knew it followed the manga more heavily. And while it is true that the FMA manga comes out once a month, one of the primary reasons I think the orginal Anime was "cut short" was due to the fact that Japan at the time wasn't too far in the manga. Im not saying they should start now, maybe when the Manga got to around vol 20 in Japan, Animators could start thinking about making a new FMA is all.
Its was around volume four when they did the split....and its still an orginal story that had Arakawa influence....
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life
Location: Somewhere in the ether, trapped between what is and what could be.

Post by Azure crow »

haseoxth wrote:
I've never actually seen the Negima anime myself...I only read th manga...

Anyway,my own prediction is that there won't be any more for the anime,but as said,the manga is still breathing.
I would like to see more episodes,howvere,but I havn't seen teh FMA movie yet,so I should do that first.
haseoxth
The Pain of Death
The Pain of Death

Post by haseoxth »

Azure crow wrote:
haseoxth wrote:
I've never actually seen the Negima anime myself...I only read th manga...

Anyway,my own prediction is that there won't be any more for the anime,but as said,the manga is still breathing.
I would like to see more episodes,howvere,but I havn't seen teh FMA movie yet,so I should do that first.
There were two Negima animes.They both sucked...
CoS was an alright movie.But i wished they put more bang into it to finish off the whole thing...
lukan
Author of "Black And White And..."
Author of "Black And White And..."
Location: Land of Prinnies, DOOD!!! Now with more pancakes!!(member of the Rotton Peaches)

Post by lukan »

I hated the Negima anime....It was...too different. Kind like what they did with love hina.
I have all the english manga though.

>_>
Tosiz
haseoxth
The Pain of Death
The Pain of Death

Post by haseoxth »

lukan wrote:I hated the Negima anime....It was...too different. Kind like what they did with love hina.
I have all the english manga though.

>_>
Tosiz
Both or just Negima the first one?And its funny how it was botched like Love Hina,created by the same person.Same thing with Oh!Greats work.Both Tengyo Tenje and Air Gear had one season despite being popular.
T'Orlyn

Post by T'Orlyn »

So was Selim   Pride or not? All I remember about that particular chapter is that Ed and Winri both finally admitted they liked each other... which... kinda took priority over me caring what happened afterwards.

Also, I dearly love FMA, but the anime presented a fairly clear point.. and even the movie, in my opinion, went against that point. It needs to stop now before the ideas of the anime are completely lost.
The manga, on the other hand, I hope goes on as long as it retains it's extremely high quality.
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

T'Orlyn wrote:So was Selim   Pride or not? All I remember about that particular chapter is that Ed and Winri both finally admitted they liked each other... which... kinda took priority over me caring what happened afterwards.

The manga, on the other hand, I hope goes on as long as it retains it's extremely high quality.

Yes, selim is pride, and yes winri admitted to 'like' liking ed as ed had done in an earlier episode. But they didn't admit it to each other now, did they? :twisted:

Amen to the bold.
DotHack-Haseo

Agreed

Post by DotHack-Haseo »

I totally 100% Agree.

HAIL THE BOLDNESS!!!!