Titan Rain Universe

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Titan Rain Universe

Post by Kaori »

The year is 41,211 A.D, Mankind occupies most of the galaxy, and in the grim darkness-screw it, I'm not gonna go all 40K on you guys for my long running fic, I'll just put everything in simpler words and explanations, the grand setting of things, there is a cold war going on with these two:

Strategically Integrated Coalition of Nations(SICON)
A group of Star Nations that mostly hail from earth, the head Star Nation is the Union, a descendant of the United States of America, this particular side follows the old ways of modern Democracy, unfortunately, things aren't always looking too good for them as they struggle to maintain order across their borders, with threats like Slavers and bureaucracy always plaguing them, it's a miracle they stay together, in terms of military strength, these guys are the only Star nations to possess a nuclear stockpile, however, it compensates for their lack of numbers, and technological level.

Imperial Defense and Economic Alliance(IDEA)
An alliance comprised of elder Star nations, nations like the Imperial Federation of Belka and Empire of Aeris make up it's ranks, these systems, rather than being democracies, comprise mostly of monarchies and aristocracies, they maintain a higher standard of living and it's actually quite difficult to find a citizen of these Star Nations complaining on wanting to leave, in terms of military strength, these Star Nations prefer a war of attrition over using WMD's, they have the largest organized military force the Universe has ever seen, however, they take a rather pacifist stance on things so they're never to invade anything, except for a particular incident which still baffles SICON up to now.

However, not all Star Nations join either side, some prefer to remain neutral, here are some notable examples:

Neo-Japan
A nation with a highschool girl as it's president(Yes people, a highschool girl, the main character of almost every anime and manga out there), it's a neutral nation that controls the most abundant source of Sakuradite, a sought after superconducter, and distributes it evenly to both sides, the nation also acts as a mediator to both sides in a crisis as it is a trusted Star Nation.

Wakanda
An isolationist nation, little is actually known about it, all that's known is that despite the people's tribal culture, they possess technology capable of matching both power blocs and also maintain a high standard of living, the nation rejected offers by both sides to join the cosmic community, they also happen to be sitting on a Vibranium rich planet, a very sought after metal that is nearly indestructible, unfortunately, Vibranium is not exactly very abundant, and the biggest source just happens to be an entire planet of the stuff...

Orb Empire
Pretty much distant relatives of Neo-Japan and follows the same Japanese theme except for the fact that they are considered batshit insane for always preaching their divine right to rule the universe, these guys are basically the empire of Japan IN SPACE! and they are pretty much reviled by other Star Nations for their extremism.

People's Republic of Haven
The name alone should tip you off that they aren't any good, this particular Star Nation presents itself as a Hegemony, pretty much every Star Nation doesn't buy into that bull, they are one of the few nations that support slavery and are enemies with the Empire of Aeris over border disputes, mostly because slavers keep attacking settlements on Aeris's frontiers and Haven shelters slavers since they condone their work, Haven is campaigning in the Outer rim area's since the people there have little to no protection from Slavery.

However, Star Nations aren't the Only powers out there, certain organizations can stand up to them, and sometimes, even turn the tables for them.

Strategic Hazards Intervention and Enforcement Logistics Directorate(SHIELD)
A former SICON intelligence group, these renegades at the moment work for Belka, they were previously SICON's intelligence group tasked with counter-espionage against IDEA, after a particular incident, they were all branded fugitives and escaped into Belkan territory, they traded what information they had on SICON to the Belkan's as long as they were given a purpose, SHIELD's current goal at the moment is to stop major threats which range from regular to supernatural levels.

HYDRA(Doesn't really stand for anything)
A terrorist group which dates back to the second world war, a former deep research division of the Nazi's, this group left them after gaining far better technology and a substantial number of manpower, they were thought to be eradicated after the second world war, but all along, they slinked into the shadows and waited, they revealed themselves after SHIELD's Dissolution in SICON, and now commit Subversive activities to take over the universe, they are known to have a presence in SICON space.

Advanced Idea Mechanics(AIM)
A self professed think tank, but labeled by most Star Nations as an arms cartel, this cadre of scientists seek to use their technology and knowledge for profit, they're willing to make any weapon for you for a price, then sell your enemies the same tech, not considered a major threat but they are a thorn on the side for many Star Nations as they also cater to pirates and outlaws.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Re: Titan Rain Universe

Post by Kaori »

Despite the fact that the universe has countless worlds and an even bigger countless amount of people, some stand out above the rest, here are some who do:

SHIELD

Name: Maria Grace Fleed
Age: Confidential, looks about mid to late teens but her species apparently ages differently, hard to tell since she's one of the last of her kind.
Bio: little is actually known about her as she likes to keep secrets, she does run an intelligence group after all, all that's known is that she trusts her top agent Alis and is one of the last of her species after her homeworld was invaded and bombarded by a hostile alien race known as the Vegan's.

Name: Alissa "Alis" Tachibana Archer
Age: looks about late teens to early twenties, aging was stunted by an experimental serum her father created.
Bio: An only child to a Japanese mother and an English Father, she was a rather sickly child, until her father created a Serum from the extracts of genetically engineered Radioactive spiders and implanted it into her, she joined the OSS when world war II broke out and was infamous for scalping Nazi's in france, she would later on dissapear from the records, only to pop up almost 30,000 years later, and with strange metal implants in her body.

Name: Yuri "Captain America" Petrenko
Bio: The Sentinel of Liberty, the first Avenger, the Star spangled man with a plan, this guy's a folk hero among humans, he was a former art student who took part in an experiment to create the world's first supersoldier, and they suceeded, he is well known for fighting both the Nazi's and HYDRA during the second world war but, like Alis, dissapeared off the records after the war, he wouldn't be in the public's eyes until the 41st millenium.

Name: Akira "Rei" Yamamoto
Bio: A half black, half Japanese and a Veteran of the Battle of Cyrene, she was traumatized after her wingman and former love interest was killed in the line of duty, she then became a counselor to help others and overcome her trauma, she met Yuri as a patient and had to quit her job in order to date him, as of now they're still going steady.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

There are load of characters, but I won't be describing all of them nor will I fully do so, as I'm far too lazy to compress years of detail.

So here I am, explaining how military Ships work, unlike most works of fiction, Ships in this setting take a rather "Slim" design, with some odd exceptions, most ships are made to be easily missed, they tend to be hard to hit in the front or rear, and all military vessels are equipped with Shielding in the Z-Axis to prevent attacks from above and below, the sides are always the target during a fight, however, due to the sides being the common target, to compensate for lack of shielding, they are equipped with countermeasures,

Countermeasures
First on the list, lasers, in common works of fiction, lasers tend to be used as an offensive weapon, here however, they are used as point defense weaponry due to them losing cohesion the farther they go, their purpose is to intercept enemy projectiles, nothing says fast interception than the speed of light, and then there are counter-missiles, which aren't as fast as the lasers, but takes less time to prepare, then finally there's the scrambler, which is only effective against missiles as it disrupts their targeting.

on to offensive weaponry.

Offensive Weaponry
Missiles, the bread and butter of any warship are the missiles, they come in different flavors too! Some damage enemy weapons systems, others can disable ships, and some can damage the enemy's countermeasures, second on the list, Railguns, called Gauss weaponry by IDEA, and Mass Accelerator Cannon's by SICON, make up a warship's long range weaponry, these things can go pretty long and even if you miss something with it, there's a chance you'll hit something the next thousands of years later, and finally on the list is rocket anchors, these things are normally used like modern day anchors at port, but some genius discovered they can be used to drag an enemy vessel close enough for their ship's lasers to do any damage, plus if aimed properly, can be used to yank a wall off and kill the enemy with the cold vacuum of space.

Faster than light(FTL)Travel
Here's how things work only IDEA has access to FTL engines and it's usually installed on military vessels, some nobility could possibly afford it, but it's still costly and a ticket on a chartered Jump gate flight is far cheaper, for SICON, they use Jumpgates they created to travel from one system to another, crude, and it takes time for their forces to get to their destination, civillians use jumpgates in IDEA territory as well however, but it's not as congested as SICON jumpgate routes.

Ships and planets
No matter what they say, Spaceships CANNOT, EVER, GO UNDERWATER, sure, a spaceship is airtight, but its design from regular ships are different, as spaceships are designed to RESIST BEING PULLED APART and regular submarines are designed to RESIST BEING CRUSHED, so no, none of the spaceships in my setting are designed for submerging, another fun little fact, some ships were built for space in space, and as a result, can't go into a planet's atmosphere without crushing itself under it's own weight.

Ships and sizes
Ships range from Stingers(Term for space fighters, they fulfill the role fighter craft did on earth), to the large Battlestar class, they fulfill the role of modern day aircraft and sea vessels, so most of them tend to be big, and some are even capable of carrying other ships.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Now that we covered ships, lets move on to man portable weaponry, human sized weaponry are mostly projectile based weapons, as energy weapons are far too expensive for mass production, Unless you're IDEA, which gives their field infantry Lasguns, however, that doesn't mean SICON can't field their own energy based weapons, they're just too expensive to mass produce.

A common misconception due to movies like Star Wars show that you can miss with a laser, however, being a light based weapon, Lasguns are incredibly accurate, the only downside is their range.

However, Rumors persist about IDEA having also developed Plasma weaponry yet don't mass produce it.

Well, guns was short, let's move on to the recent discovery of Tactical Surface Fighters.
After discovering a strange anomaly in space, the organization known as SHIELD discovered the existance of other Universes, In the alternate timelines of of the universe known as Uknown Alternative(UA), mankind had been at war with an alien race called BETA since 1967. Using preexisting mobile space walkers as a design basis, TSFs were developed as an adaptable and versatile weapons platform to counter the BETA threat, and since their first deployment in 1974, have become essential to humanity's survival over the 30-year war.

Some reasons for the development of TSFs are as such; due to the capabilities of the Laser-class BETA, TSFs were developed as all-purpose assault units to circumvent BETA anti-air superiority. The frame of a TSF also allows it to perform well inside the enclosed spaces of a BETA Hive if required, using their humanoid form to navigate the tunnels without being constrained to any one dimension of combat. Various functions, such as the ability to bend their elbow joints backwards and their ability to sidestep attacks, combined with their equipment, allow TSFs to perform superhuman feats in combat.

Most if not all of the American, Soviet, and European TSFs in this world are based on real-life fighter jets in the real world (e.g.- the F-22A being built by "Lockweed Mardin", their universe's version of Lockheed Martin). However, the people responsible for the design and manufacture of the real world's various fighter jets are not necessarily the same people who were responsible for the design/manufacture of TSFs in UA.

Since seeing them in action, SHIELD started taking notes and sent it to their employers to develop their own, at first, the idea was mocked but due to certain circumstances, it was finally given the greenlight by Belka, it's currently being considered for replacing Stingers.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I'm just gonna post some quotes from my characters for now.

Alis.

"You think I'm the reason for all these deaths? Guess what, you're right, I INVENTED Modern Warfare, I CREATED the concept of special forces, I AM THE DESTROYER, History doesn't judge people by the good things they do but the GREAT things they do, whine all you want about my legacy to the human race, doesn't change the fact that I contributed to human civilization, and guess what? I'll be remembered as a GREAT person for it."

"I'm distracting you, you big turd blossom!"

"Ten-hut! My name is Lt. Alissa Tachibana Archer and I'm puttin' together a special team; and I need me eight soldiers. Eight Jewish-American soldiers. Now, y'all might've of heard rumors about the armada happening soon. Well, we'll be leaving a little earlier. We're gonna be dropped into France, dressed as civilians. And once we're in enemy territory, as a bushwackin' guerrilla army, we're gonna be doing one thing and one thing only … killing Nazis. Now, I don't know about y'all, but I sure as hell didn't come down from the goddamn Smoky Mountains, cross five thousand miles of water, fight my way through half of Sicily and jump out of a ****' air-o-plane to teach the Nazis lessons in humanity. Nazi ain't got no humanity. They're the foot soldiers of a Jew-hatin', mass murderin' maniac, and they need to be dee-stroyed. That's why any and every sumbitch we find wearin' a Nazi uniform, they're gonna die. Now, my daddy was a direct descendant of the mountain man Jim Bridger, and that means I got a little Injun in me. And our battle plan will be that of an Apache resistance. We will be cruel to the Germans, and through our cruelty they will know who we are. And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us, and the Germans won't be able to help themselves but to imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands, and our boot heels, and the edge of our knives. And the Germans will be sickened by us, and the Germans will talk about us, and the Germans will fear us. And when the Germans close their eyes at night and they're tortured by their subconscious for the evil that they've done, it will be with thoughts of us that they are tortured with. Sound good? [Soldiers yell, "Yes, Ma'am!"] That's what I like to hear. But I got a word of warning for all you would-be-warriors: when you join my command, you take on debt, a debt you owe me personally. Each and every man under my command owes me one hundred Nazi scalps. And I want my scalps! And all y'all will get me one hundred Nazi scalps taken from the heads of one hundred dead Nazis, or you will die tryin'!"

Yuri

"Weapons down or I will not be responsible for what comes next. "

"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world, 'No, you move.' "

"Listen to me, all of you out there! You were told by this man, your hero, that America is the greatest country in the world! He told you that Americans were the greatest people, that America could be refined like silver, could have the impurities hammered out of it, and shine more brightly! He went on about how precious America was, how you needed to make sure it remained great! And he told you anything was justified to preserve that great treasure, that pearl of great price that is America! Well, I say America is nothing!! Without its ideals -- its commitment to the freedom of all men, America is a piece of trash! A nation is nothing! A flag is a piece of cloth! I fought Adolf Hitler not because America was great, but because it was fragile! I knew that liberty could be snuffed out here as in Nazi Germany! As a people, we were no different than them! When I returned, I saw that you nearly did turn America into nothing! And the only reason you're not less then nothing, is that it's still possible for you to bring freedom back to America!"

Akito

"Let's go pound some nails through our dicks."

"There are a lot of things you can eat that aren't food."

"(making his pitch to a bunch of executives) Gentlemen, I've got something of a proposition for you. I'm giving you a golden opportunity to invest...In my wang. I've been offering it privately for quite a while, and we're looking at an Initial Pubic Offering near the end of the summer. (they all leave) Come back! My wang has serious growth potential!"
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Okay, for now, let me introduce a couple of HYDRA member's, it's current leader, and backer:

Supreme Hydra
Nobody knows who this mysterious renegade is, not even HYDRA itself knows who he is, he wears a blue uniform with a cobra emblem on it and a full helmet with a mask that covers his face that reflects whatever he looks at, at first glance, he seems like a dirty coward who makes empty threats and is the first to run away, but it actually hides his cunning strategies and ruthless behavior, he carries around a longsword with a calvalry saber handle he uses to execute HYDRA personnel that get on his bad side, has a raspy voice, although some attribute it to a voice modulator in the helmet.

James "Destro" McCullen XXIV
The financial backer and arms supplier of HYDRA ad other star nations, this scottish renegade seeks to overthrow Aerisian rule over the manticore system as his ancestor was punished by the English crown for selling weapons to both sides during the hundred years war, he gives the impression of somebody who is brilliant, but lazy, he likes to spend his time gambling on his chess skills and creating new weapons, he has a personal army known as the Iron Grenadiers, his company MARS(Military Armaments Research Systems) revolutionized the entire universe with mobile suit technology.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

As the universe expands and I hate killing off the good guys, I rarely make new characters who actually stick around permanently, and so, I give two more:

Yanaha "Spirit" Nalzheehii
The latest addition to STRIKE Team, This young woman was chosen by Director Fleed for her tracking skills, this Navajo tracker hails from a reservation, where she and her people live like the old days, unlike her people, she favors using a sniper rifle over compound bows, she was scouted by SHIELD to help track down a fugitive who was an expert on being on the run, she was then recruited and given a position in STRIKE.

BECK(Bionic Entity for computing and kick-ass)
A Megaman built by Alis to combat other Megamen in the ZX Dimension, he was first built to deal with Mavericks until fellow SHIELD scientist Krieger's Reploids went Maverick, BECK's first assignment was to destroy his "cousins", Krieger's creations, His main weapon is a Plasma cannon that is capable of semi-automatic fire and a copy ability which allows him to mimic the abilities of enemy machines.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Alis's writing career, one of Alis's embarassing an low point is her writing career, she wrote an action adeventure novel based on Wuxia mythology called Kingdom of paradise, which is an acclaimed book but unfortunately, all her co-workers in SHIELD had other things to say:

"Even if you cannot read, you will like. Book is heavy so I throw at Landa. He will never ever walk again."-Hugo Stiglitz

"
This is a thoroughly compelling read, not exactly my genre. It's not Camus, but it was worth my time to read it.

As well sir, you owe me for the dry cleaning on my suit.

Au Revoir,
Hans Landa"

"
So! Ya bampot with your face like a skelpit erse, prancin' aboot writin' wee silly space-stories! Do ya think I doon the Dee on a digestive?! Ye ain't got the stones te write a proper bloody fable, ye prancin' nyaff! I would'nae use this rubbish tae light a fuse! Keep your pen in your pocket and your mind on the job, or ye'll find ye'self meetin' a sticky end!

Still, using et as a shield may joost'ave saved my good eye from an ill-timed blast, so it's a grudgin' five stars for ye!"
~Tavish DeGroot
Demoman

"Having a book like this on my shelf is like having your cat at your funeral: it's not necessary, but it's nice! Why, every time I look up at this book and listen to that soothing Aussie's voice, my smile grows wider than the circumference on my bazooka! Anyone who doesn't listen to this book should be hung by their thumbs and beaten like a rented mule!"- "Sarge"

"It was a good book, don't get me wrong. I don't normally read y'know, because I'm busy busting heads and capping points, but when I found out my friend Alis wrote a book, I had to get it. I give it 4 stars. Would have been 5 if it had come with a hat." -Akito Hyuga
Last edited by Kaori on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Okay, new topic my sheeplings, today I'll discuss planetary invasions, unlike Star wars, occuppying a planet is no easy task, it requires a massive amount of manpower and no, planets don't instantly fall just because you occupied one city, there's also the fact that most planets have orbital defense platforms situated around each lagrange point, each one having its own cosmo navy garrison numbering in the hundreds, on another note, there are also Planetary Defense forces(PDF) situated in most planets to compliment the cosmo navy garrisons.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Today my Dear Sheeplings, I'll discuss the mercenary/adventurer aspect of my universe,in a Universe where a cold war is ongoing, Proxy wars are quite common, and some soldiers tend to go AWOL to go fight the other side, between both Power Blocs and Governments however are the men and women who fight or provide support during and after battles mostly for fortune, they are mercenaries.

Rogue Traders
A Rogue Trader is a combination of freelance explorer, conquistador and merchant. They are Imperial servants, given a ship, a crew, a contingent of marines or Guardsmen and carte blanche to roam the worlds beyond Imperial control. In their task of exploring and exploiting uncharted regions of the Universe, Rogue Traders might come across worlds harbouring human civilisations which will be incorporated into the Imperium. Other times they find empty or hostile planets ripe for colonisation or exploitation.

Mercenary Auxiliaries
Soldiers who work for money, they all have varying sets of skills, From Demolitions to Infiltration, its best to contact Black Market Recruiters in order to hire some of the best in the profession.

Private Military Contractors
More organized and better equipped than regular Mercenaries, but with a price to match, these guys are usually ex military types who are in it for the money, they tend to cheap out on whoever is hiring them by hitching free rides during operations and still have the guts to charge you extra.

Irregular Hunters
Basically bounty hunters, they specialize in capturing targets alive, useful if you wanna interrogate a specific guy you want captured, most of the time though, Bounty Hunters are busy in the Outer fringes of the Universe hunting down people who escaped the law.

Orc
Not really a mercenary, but the term is used to refer to bandits with mobile suits, while usually hostile, some Star nations tend to pay them to go harass enemy Star Nations.

Vulture
I was gonna call them ravens, but the name was taken in another mecha franchise, so I decided, and since it fits, that Mercenaries with Mobile Suits are called Vultures.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Titan Rain: Endtimes

Post by Kaori »

The year is 41,218 A.D, 7 years have passed since SHIELD was able to clear their names, unfortunately, the universe has not been kind to the once two mighty Power Blocs known as SICON and IDEA, with the Emperor and the Star-Lord Corps having left the Imperium, and riots in SICON forcing the ruling body to stop spending on military hardware, both blocs lose their superpower status in a mere 7 years.

With the fall of the need to join a Power Bloc for protection gave rise to numerous factions intent on carving out their existance in the Universe, and here they are:

Zanscare Empire
A newly formed monarchy with an obsession with things such as nobility and Guillotines, these hardliners view themselves as superior to everybody and claim dominion over its neighbors, they develop their own mobile suits through an organization known as BESPA(Ballistic Equipment and Space Patrol Armory) and are a force to be reckoned with.

Zeon
A movement founded on the principles that psychics should hold positions of power over the masses, they are led by a charismatic former Star-Lord and is comprised of ex Imperial personnel from the Guard, Navy and Star-Lord corps.

Towasanga
A faction that supplies the universe with the revolutionary "photon" energy, a clean, renewable source of energy that can power anything, from a smartphone to a battleship, they hold dominion over their star system and forces other planets to adhere to a technological taboo to prevent the local planets from developing weapons to use on each other, this method however is viewed by some as a bad thing, and some actively go against them despite risk of being cut off from energy.

Those 3 factions are based on Monarchial france, WW2 Germany, and Modern day Isreal(filthy jewish scum.)

With these turn of events however, come those who choose to defend the universe, and here they are:

Crossbone Vanguard
A self proclaimed pirate group, despite that, they only seem interested in attacking military ships and raiding Towasanga for Photon Batteries, little is known about them besides the fact that they don't fit the stereotypical pirate bill as they are rumored to discreetly help those in need.

Ameria
A Star Nation in the same system as Towasanga, they have been waging war with their neighbor Gondwan ever since Towasanga declared the tech taboo, their reasons for fighting Gondwan are due to Gondwan declaring a "Reconquista" on Ameria due to the latter's violation of the Tech taboo, leaving Ameria no choice but to fight back, Ameria aims to take control of Towasanga's Photon battery manufacturing to spread it equally among the star nations.

Battlegroup Tenno
A group that was formed by SHIELD to conduct active operations in maintaining order and stability across the universe, it comprises of 3 ships and has 2 MS battalions, 1 MS ace squadron 3 assault carriers, 3 fighter compliments, and 1 dreadnought for orbital and artillery support.

I wouldn't be surprised if more independant factions come to me, so far, these are the 6 major ones.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

The Cyrene Conflict

Post by Kaori »

Starting.........
Welcome Alissa Tachibana Archer..........
Loading Records from 41, 201 AD.......
Battle of Cyrene Loaded........
Belligerents:
IDEA:
Imperial Federation of Belka, Star Kingdom of Aeris and Principality of Manticore
SICON:
Imperial Americana, Republic of Agrippa, Jovian Commonwealth

Notable facts:
First recorded use of Mobile Suits for Combat.
Gave rise to the age of Mobile Suits.
Texas Colony gassed and used for attempted Colony Drop on Cape Suzette Military Installation, Colony landed in ocean near Cape Suzette
Loss of life, 1,385,482,312. Highest death human death toll in a span of one year.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

More Factions, thanks to complaints from the SICON fanbase, they want the local feddie faction to be far less useless, and I had one faction based on the Imperials who decided to not join either Zeon nor the Crossbone Vanguard but don't like the reforms being made after the Emperor left, another faction based on violent militaristic hippies who live on mars by the way(yes, you read that right, Violent, miltaristic, hippies), and another Faction based on SICON who are mostly comprised of Ex-soldiers who lost their jobs when the Military cut down its numbers significantly, and here they are:

League Militaire
A SICON Militia group that protects their homeworlds whenever the main army takes too long to mobilize, basically a Planetary Defence force that is also capable of space warfare and can also mobilize to nearby planets aid in times of an attack.

Cosmo Babylonia
A nation for the Aristocratic Elite who were Driven out of their homes and landa when the new Imperium decided to Abolish the Citizen system and bring equality to all of its people regardless of background, not all of the Nobility were pleased and went on to found this nation for the dissatisfied Nobility, they are not really regarded as a threat but some rumors state that they are ammassing military power for some reason, some say conquest and some say for protection, all in all, they still shouldn't be trusted considering how Bigoted they are to outsiders, Imperial and SICON alike.

Raiders
A group comprised of ex SICON military personnel, they now commit acts of piracy towards SICON and IDEA alike, but mostly SICON, they operate from a dead planet known as Mua and are in possession of some high grade military hardware, that combined with their military experience make them very dangerous foes in combat.

Vagans
Martians who really despise MARS industries presence on their homeworld due to the negative outlook it gives non martians about their homeworld, the CEO of Mars actually tried to get themto back off by doing altruistic things such as replicating Venice Italy in mars and making it a resort, to fresh and clean water for everybody, unfortunately, they instead keep asking him and MARS to leave, he simply chose to ignore them after that, however, over the years, they became more violent due to continued expansion of MARS and started conducting violent attacks to threatening workers, the tipping point was when a protester hurled a molotov at the security force and cause them to open fire, the Vagan movement were all evicted from mars and sent to live in the moons of Jupiter, it was there that they plotted revenge and developed Mobile Suits of their own to combat MARS industries own MS, redubbing themselves as a seperate race known as the Vagan, they proceed to take their revenge on MARS and the universe for not helping them....
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

"You think this is about human rights boy? Look around you, so many in this sector of the universe have suffered enough without being put down, NOBODY in this godforsaken universe dies in bed, they all die on battlefields far from home, if you think you're on the side of justice, think again, you claim to fight for Kuntala rights but at the cost other people's rights? OPEN YOUR EYES MAN! YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN THE ONES WHO INSTITUTED THE KUNTALA CASTE IN THE FIRST PLACE!" "Who gives you the right to judge my actions?! You speak of siding with nobody yet you ally yourself to Bellri's side!" "SHUT YOUR MOUTH BOY! I only favor him far more because he's fighting for EVERYBODIES sake! He and his side NEVER attacked you first and you DARE accuse them as the source of your problems? LOOK at you! The fact that you cling to your own heritage like a scared child holding on to his mother means you can't be trusted with the future of everybody! You fight for selfish reason you prick, now, I will end you, TRANS-AM!"

"You may have fought hard, but that's not gonna make me change my views Luin, I fight for the future of everybody in this godforsaken universe everyday, one of these days, I may die in battle, but that will never stop my mission and my goals of fighting for the future of everybody, I fight to keep people like you behind bars, you will be judged for your crimes and your actions, Way I see it, its either the life sentence or noose for you, I'll see you pay for all the suffering you have caused, hope you reflect on it while you await for judgement, as for the rest of you, if you still want to fight me then I won't stop you, but know this, you will ALL DIE IN VAIN, I will put an end to this reconquista and put down anybody who gets in the way, so WEAPONS DOWN OR I WILL PERSONALLY ESCORT YOU ALL TO THE AFTERLIFE."
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Five year arc, Episode 1: The Shooting Star She Saw.

It was another normal day in Japan, Yui Takamura leads a regular life of an Eishi withing the R&D division of his majesty's forces, she trains for battle in a TSF, and honestly doesn't do much aside from training and signing papers, it was night out when she was out of her barracks admiring the stars with her colleauges, all of a sudden, she catches a glimpse of a shooting star and makes a wish for peace on her beloved planet earth....

Meanwhile, other "shooting stars" descended upon the unsuspecting planet, each one a Gundam Type Mobile Suit from the Paramilitary Organization known as SHIELD, they were sent in to discreetly assist the local forces there from the extra-terrestial beings known as BETA, it was gonna be a long while they'll be stuck in that planet....

Meanwhile, in the outskirts of Yukon, a lone gundam type overlooks the Yukon Base of the United Nations, its pilot, sporting a grin and thinking to herself, "Deja Vu all over again, only this time, I have all the cards......".
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Lesson about my verse: Reavers.

To the people on the core worlds, the Reavers are considered to be something they tell at campfire stories to scare kids, to the people of the border worlds, they are VERY VERY real threat, while the verse has its fair share of space pirates and bandits, but none are as feared as the Reavers, they are said to be men who have been driven insane from being in space too long, if you are unfortunate enough to be caught by them, expect to be raped to death, have your flesh eaten, then have your remains such as your skin sewed unto their clothes, and if you are very very lucky, they will do those things in that order.

Tactics: in order to be prepared for reavers, one must be well armed enough to deal with them, automatic weapons are the way to go since they tend to swarm their targets, when dealing with a reaver ship, it is recommended that you fire upon it at long distance.

How to prevent Reaver attacks:
Steer clear of Reaver territory, Reaver's tend to hunt remote systems with minimal defences, if you plan on staying in some backwater planet, make sure it has a certified PDF as the idea of a well organized army on the planet should let you rest easy, when encountering a Reaver Ship, stay very still, do not move your ship, Reavers rarely attack first out in space as their weapons are too short ranged for a sneak attack.

How to spot a Reaver Ship.
Reaver Ships are usually old models covered in blood spatters and corpses chained around the ship as trophies, Reaver ships also emit a high amount of radiation as they don't even bother covering reactor leaks and are basically flying in a radioactive pile of junk.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Latest ongoing Arcs:
Gundam flag fighters- when an ace pilot gets assigned to a rear unit that just test pilots machines that never seem to make it to the battlefield, he decides to turn their fortunes around by proving their machine's use in the SHIELD Blue Flag exercises, essentially a tournament arc.

StarGazers- when the DSSD decide to explore new universe's, the 13th autonomous are contacted to escort them and represent the power blocs, how will first contact with other civilizations go for Battlegroup Tenno and the DSSD?

Escalation- tensions run high as the new Imperium continues expanding its military, SICON doesn't want a war, but with the way things are headed, they may not have a choice.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Things aren't going so well for the DSSD fleet, they found their first planet with intelligent life, now the problem is approaching them, what sort of intelligent life have they encountered? Humans.....
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Now, for a rarely used trope in sci-fi settings.
Uplifting

Uplifting is basically the act of bringing up the standards of a primitive culture to modern standards, its been done by the spaniards and british in their colonies with varying results, in my universe, certain planets house humans who'se cultures range from Primitive to Feudal, whenever a power bloc decides its time, they can choose to uplift their neighbor's standards to modern levels, however, it tends to have mixed results as well, from feudal worlds havibg their nobility monopolizing the technology for themselves, to primitive hunter gatherer tribes using firearms in hunting prey.

Do note that despite the technology taboo in place in the frontier worlds, they are not classified as neither primitive nor feudal, they simply eschew technology like the Amish and will only use technology for basic necessities such as travelling to other planets and terraforming planets, technological leisurely ammenities are mostly forbidden.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Clash of the Clans

Post by Kaori »

The year is 41,225, 3 years after the defeat of the Dominion and the 2 years since the Confederacy of Man decided to invite all the other planets and other universes to join, to reflect this, they change their name to be known as the Star League, an alliance of independent Nations and organizations dedicated to promoting cooperation between fellow members, despite organizations like the Brotherhood of Nod and Dominion Remnants holding out, most of Koprulu is at peace, until a new threat showed up.....

Let me tell you a story...
During the early days of the Belkan Imperium, the Emperor had five beloved Children, The first being Prince Davion, a courageous warrior and brilliant tactician, next was Prince Steiner, the smartest of the five, he had helped pioneered most of the equipment being used by the universe today, from powered armor to the humble lasgun, next is Princess Kurita, a true lady and was said to be quite beautiful by many, she handled the Imperium's laws in the senate, usually speaking for the Emperor in his place, next was Prince Marik, Said to be quite the charmer, although rumors persist that he was in charge of Imperial Intelligence at the time and is rumored to have done some rather unsavory things in his time, and lastly, Princess Liao, the youngest of the siblings, she wasn't very exceptional but was well loved for her kindness by both her family and the people, then one day, the five of them told the Emperor of a plan, a plan to bring the Imperium's teachings and glory beyond the known universe, despite a heavy heart, the Emperor gave them her blessings and they left, on massive worldships with many brave men women and children from all walks of life who chose to join them on their long voyage, however, that was the last anybody saw of them, it has been over tens of thousands of years since they last left, so up to know, we, the people of her Divine Majesty, keep their memory alive with this tale, in the hopes that we may never forget them should they come home.

Unfortunately, they have returned, but not as saviours, but as conquerors, they know lay claim to the currently unoccupied Throne of Belka and have brought back an army large enough to take on the Star League, and they now broadcast this message to all the people of the Universe: "Submit or Die.".