All Quiet on the Forum Front

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

twilight_keeper

All Quiet on the Forum Front

Post by twilight_keeper »

Not sure how well this'll be taken but I realized there are a lot of quiet periods these days, so I figured I'd try to create something of an OOC spot for the RP board regulars to just talk.

Well, here goes!

IT'S REALLY QUIET RIGHT NOW!!!
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Re: All Quiet on the Forum Front

Post by KiteXX »

Usually I check several hours a day, but I just never post, or I hold off posting on anything, as I'm letting things sort out.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

Sorry I was in life hell for a few.
twilight_keeper

I understand of course, life does things, and stuff. I've got one too believe it or not xD

Na I created this just so we have something to do when we aren't posting in story.
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

That's understandable.
twilight_keeper

I've got to step out for a bit right now anyway, not gonna stop me from plugging Record of Armor or .hack//MANIFEST though. I know Record of Armor isn't of interest to most people on here, but I really recommend MANIFEST, I've got some awesome ideas for that one I think everyone should enjoy.

I'll be back in about 30 minutes or so, hopefully not too long.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

*locks this topic*

meh, sounds like work
twilight_keeper

I was somewhat afraid of that...
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

I had a feeling it would happen.
twilight_keeper

Well it is still here, though.

Posted in Rise and Fall, OOG post though.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I could lock it ;3 But nah, there's no real reason to XD Sure, this is a chat thread that totally doesn't belong in the RP section and would only promote spam and discussions that would be best had between PMs, but there's no reason to prevent posting in a forum that barely gets any new posts, and will have even less activity now that JapanYay has taken over XD Plus it hasn't gotten spammy enough to the point of having tentacle rape...yet. lol

BTW Erroneous, make me owner of the PSN/Xbox/Wii tag thing topic D: lol
EDIT: Hey thanks x3 lol
twilight_keeper

I really don't know much about what's been going on since I've been away, but I have noticed the abysmal drop in activity in general, in particular around my favorite place to be. I'm not really asking for information, as I don't like to pry in places I probably shouldn't be anyway. But, I have been used to OOC threads for RP forums from other sources I was working with in the past, thought it could be a good idea. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and I apologize, but it was a thought.
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

I'm saddened greatly by this.
twilight_keeper

Sadness is sure to happen, which is why I'm desperate to try to keep this moving... again. I'm serious this time though, I've got nothing but time and ideas in my head at this current juncture.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I'd rather work on my fanfiction than RP here anymore, that, and my writing is basically Quentin Tarantino style, hence why I don't post here nor fanfiction, I'm open to giving advice though.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

No need to apologize, it's always great to have members with the initiative to post more, be it newcomers or past veterans :3 Most members now just register, introduce themselves, and never come back again 'XD

And there's no huge secret as of why the activity has dropped so much either. It just...happened. After the latest .Hack releases that might be the very last ones (LINK, Quantum, Versus, etc.), discussions started to slow down, there were less things to talk about, less interest for members to keep checking in, and the forums remained just for friends to keep talking to each other. But then those friends started to get busy, have boring adult lives, or simply started to forget about their old pals, and they stopped coming as well. Hell, even i left the forums for about a year or so D: And now all that remains here are the few bored people who still feel like checking this place, and all the posts are now about RPs and Random Facts, or random silly games so we have something to do for a while. Sad indeed, but all good things come to an end eventually ;c

Another reason why the forums are pretty much dead is that "dothackers" no longer exists. If you go to http://www.dothackers.net, you'll see that it has now become a new site called "Japan Yay". That's d5t's new project to keep the domain alive, a site that is no longer about .Hack (since there's nothing else to talk about on it), but about Japanese stuff in general, such like anime, culture, and random cats. It's not bad, but it's obviously not dothackers anymore. And if you browse through Japan Yay, you'll see that it doesn't have any link leading to these forums. So, unless you already knew about these forums, there's no way you could find this place again, we're pretty much part of the "deep web" now D: In fact, i'm surprised you were able to come back here, you must've had this link saved or something XD
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

TheSorrow wrote:BTW Erroneous, make me owner of the PSN/Xbox/Wii tag thing topic D: lol
EDIT: Hey thanks x3 lol
I did that the day you asked me to.
twilight_keeper

I can't forget about this place personally, I had too many good times meeting cool people, even if for whatever reason I lost over half my posts at some point (yes, kinda still bitter about that).

I know there's a new project in the works according to the man Hiroshi himself, which MAY just get us some attention again in the near future, which would be nice. But me personally, I'll always have a place in my cold, dark heart for this forum, and I honest vastly prefer to work RPs on this forum over others, due to the less douchey nature of the place in general. Besides, there are at least still people here that I remember from back in the day, no matter how few. I've been one of those types that'll fight until the bitter end, and that's what I intend to do here.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

twilight_keeper wrote:I can't forget about this place personally, I had too many good times meeting cool people, even if for whatever reason I lost over half my posts at some point (yes, kinda still bitter about that).

I know there's a new project in the works according to the man Hiroshi himself, which MAY just get us some attention again in the near future, which would be nice. But me personally, I'll always have a place in my cold, dark heart for this forum, and I honest vastly prefer to work RPs on this forum over others, due to the less douchey nature of the place in general. Besides, there are at least still people here that I remember from back in the day, no matter how few. I've been one of those types that'll fight until the bitter end, and that's what I intend to do here.
Well you got that going, which is pretty nice.
twilight_keeper

I suppose so.
Kaori wrote:I'd rather work on my fanfiction than RP here anymore, that, and my writing is basically Quentin Tarantino style, hence why I don't post here nor fanfiction, I'm open to giving advice though.
I can get that, I myself am more about writing original stories as opposed to fanfiction, hence my Record of Armor series (which may or may not be extended here, I at least have ONE more person interested in that one, maybe more if some of my personal RL friends show up here like they showed interest in).

That and I actually prefer table-top to forum RPs, but since I can't always get my group together for them (and personally I'd like to replace some of the players in it with more competent ones), I do this as well.