All Quiet on the Forum Front

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: All Quiet on the Forum Front

Post by TheSorrow »

Erroneous wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:BTW Erroneous, make me owner of the PSN/Xbox/Wii tag thing topic D: lol
EDIT: Hey thanks x3 lol
I did that the day you asked me to.
I didn't check until right after making that post o3o' Still thanks x3 lol
twilight_keeper wrote:I can't forget about this place personally, I had too many good times meeting cool people, even if for whatever reason I lost over half my posts at some point (yes, kinda still bitter about that).
LOL Yeah, that was a fun day XD In truth, your posts were actually slowly deleted over time, probably even when you were still an active member, it just wasn't reflected. Most of the deleted posts belonged to the RPs, particularly .Hack//GENESIS and all RPs made around that time. I dunno why those RPs were deleted, but they were, though members' postcounts remained the same for a long time. Then in 2011 or so, d5t was forced to do a re-sync of the forums, and each member's postcount became the amount of current posts they still had on the forums. And since those RPs were long gone, all members who were part of it lost all the number of posts they had made on them. And for me it was funny because, a week before that, i had been "fighting" with Haseo {Terror of Death} about who would have more posts, we were both at around 5000-ish, but then the re-sync happened, and he lost about 2000 posts while i only lost like 200 since i had never posted on any RP, and only lost the posts from random spam topics xDD Fun times. lol
Kaori wrote:I know there's a new project in the works according to the man Hiroshi himself, which MAY just get us some attention again in the near future, which would be nice. But me personally, I'll always have a place in my cold, dark heart for this forum, and I honest vastly prefer to work RPs on this forum over others, due to the less douchey nature of the place in general. Besides, there are at least still people here that I remember from back in the day, no matter how few. I've been one of those types that'll fight until the bitter end, and that's what I intend to do here.
Even if .Hack gets something new in the near or far future, i don't think there'll be a way to bring these forums back to how they used to be...or even keep them alive altogether D: It could definetly bring us all .Hack members back to one place after a long time, and that would be great enough, but it won't be the same as we were at first.
And trust me, this site, and all the people i've met in here, are so deeply close for me, that i just don't want to leave this place or even stop talking to everyone. Sure, there's PLENTY of people i don't talk to anymore, that we used to talk to alot but then they were simply gone (after EIGHT years, it just happens, and several times), but the few friends that remain, i want to keep them close to me. But, these forums are just no longer the place to keep in contact with your friends. Now the main place i use to talk to them is Skype, in the same dothackers chat i mentioned in your topic. I also have some friends added on Facebook and Twitter, and even if i don't talk to them too often either, it's still nice to keep in touch even if they're not in the forums anymore.

And i should sleep soon 'XD Been a really long time since i made long posts like this, though. And this is not even close to my trademark "walls of text" XD
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Well, some of us are on Steam now, if you wanna fin some people you used to know, some of us are there now, just click my lower sig.
twilight_keeper

Post by twilight_keeper »

The Sorrow wrote:LOL Yeah, that was a fun day XD In truth, your posts were actually slowly deleted over time, probably even when you were still an active member, it just wasn't reflected. Most of the deleted posts belonged to the RPs, particularly .Hack//GENESIS and all RPs made around that time. I dunno why those RPs were deleted, but they were, though members' postcounts remained the same for a long time. Then in 2011 or so, d5t was forced to do a re-sync of the forums, and each member's postcount became the amount of current posts they still had on the forums. And since those RPs were long gone, all members who were part of it lost all the number of posts they had made on them. And for me it was funny because, a week before that, i had been "fighting" with Haseo {Terror of Death} about who would have more posts, we were both at around 5000-ish, but then the re-sync happened, and he lost about 2000 posts while i only lost like 200 since i had never posted on any RP, and only lost the posts from random spam topics xDD Fun times. lol
Yeah I figured as much, as "The GENESIS Era" was when I was all over the RP boards to ridiculous amounts. Sad part is at one point I wanted to use one of those RPs as a reference for something and couldn't due to the resync.
TheSorrow wrote:Even if .Hack gets something new in the near or far future, i don't think there'll be a way to bring these forums back to how they used to be...or even keep them alive altogether D: It could definetly bring us all .Hack members back to one place after a long time, and that would be great enough, but it won't be the same as we were at first. And trust me, this site, and all the people i've met in here, are so deeply close for me, that i just don't want to leave this place or even stop talking to everyone. Sure, there's PLENTY of people i don't talk to anymore, that we used to talk to alot but then they were simply gone (after EIGHT years, it just happens, and several times), but the few friends that remain, i want to keep them close to me. But, these forums are just no longer the place to keep in contact with your friends. Now the main place i use to talk to them is Skype, in the same dothackers chat i mentioned in your topic. I also have some friends added on Facebook and Twitter, and even if i don't talk to them too often either, it's still nice to keep in touch even if they're not in the forums anymore.
I'll be sure to throw my hat in that ring then, always good to keep in touch.

TheSorrow wrote:And i should sleep soon 'XD Been a really long time since i made long posts like this, though. And this is not even close to my trademark "walls of text" XD
Ah the infamous Sorrow Wall, I remember that. I used to do giant walls for other things, but I only ever matched the 2 page long styled post occasionally xD
Chaos_Gate

Post by Chaos_Gate »

Hmm...the "GENESIS" era.

(Smile)
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

I still miss not being able to see .hack//SHATTERED and what did happen of NOSTALGIA.
Chaos_Gate

Post by Chaos_Gate »

.hack//SHATTERED was another popular role play, wasn't it? I don't recall NOSTALGIA however. I do remember various good poems and stories, too.

Those were the days...
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

The only people RP'ing at the moment are the PITA's, no .hack RP's in sight.
Chaos_Gate

Post by Chaos_Gate »

You're right. I spoke with Kai yesterday about starting a .hack roleplay. Even though the level of activity is low right now, it doesn't hurt to try. Anyone interested can of course participate.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I say go for it, however, if people start doing stuff you don't want them to do in your RP, tell them, if they want to talk to the cabbage merchant despite there being none, tell them, if they get unbearable enough around here, I could probably find some other places you can RP.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Chaos_Gate wrote:.hack//SHATTERED was another popular role play, wasn't it? I don't recall NOSTALGIA however. I do remember various good poems and stories, too.

Those were the days...
.hack//SHATTERED finished. E1N tried to make a sequel called NOSTALGIA but it didn't go very far.
Chaos_Gate

Post by Chaos_Gate »

Helbaworshipper wrote:
Chaos_Gate wrote:.hack//SHATTERED was another popular role play, wasn't it? I don't recall NOSTALGIA however. I do remember various good poems and stories, too.

Those were the days...
.hack//SHATTERED finished. E1N tried to make a sequel called NOSTALGIA but it didn't go very far.
I suppose it's never easy to surpass your first real success, heh. But I bet the sequel was still a good one. I would sometimes just read through the roleplays without actually participating. Maybe I would have enjoyed it either way.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

All of this talk makes me want to go back, revisit, and maybe even finish a .hack// story I had started but never finished years ago. .hack//Mystery of the Mysts I think I called it. Maybe .hack//MIST would be a more appropriate title.
Chaos_Gate

Post by Chaos_Gate »

GamerKale wrote:All of this talk makes me want to go back, revisit, and maybe even finish a .hack// story I had started but never finished years ago. .hack//Mystery of the Mysts I think I called it. Maybe .hack//MIST would be a more appropriate title.
I think you totally should. Having a story just lingering on your consciousness can be frustrating. Is .hack//MIST a fanfic? Or a role play?
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

I have been tossing around the idea of writing a new rp story since my current one is officially on hiatus
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

Chaos_Gate wrote:
GamerKale wrote:All of this talk makes me want to go back, revisit, and maybe even finish a .hack// story I had started but never finished years ago. .hack//Mystery of the Mysts I think I called it. Maybe .hack//MIST would be a more appropriate title.
I think you totally should. Having a story just lingering on your consciousness can be frustrating. Is .hack//MIST a fanfic? Or a role play?
Well, at the time I did not really know the term fanfic so I called it creative writing.
I don't think I could lead a group to where the story needs to go, plus with the way it is/was there's not really a way for multiple people to have the "power" to fight and if the gm is the only person who can really affect the story there's not a lot of fun to be had for everybody else.

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I was busy with work, classes, and Destiny. Plus the site wasn't displaying for me, for some unknown reason.
Chaos_Gate

Post by Chaos_Gate »

GamerKale wrote:
Chaos_Gate wrote:
Well, at the time I did not really know the term fanfic so I called it creative writing.
I don't think I could lead a group to where the story needs to go, plus with the way it is/was there's not really a way for multiple people to have the "power" to fight and if the gm is the only person who can really affect the story there's not a lot of fun to be had for everybody else.

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I was busy with work, classes, and Destiny. Plus the site wasn't displaying for me, for some unknown reason.
It's alright. I was just able to log back in today. Must have been an issue with the site. But I understand what you mean. At the same time I still think that if you allow some liberty into the overall story, it really can become enjoyable to the participants. Of course that entails patience and lots of story planning. In the end though, I think it's worth it to try.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

I still have all the work I had done to do a complete rewrite of a .hack story I had made and still sits on fanfiction.net. However, I've gotten to the point it just won't ever get done. It's good to have the drive, but there's no way it'll be done properly and planned to do any bit well in reviews. I've kept most of my failures for the sake of remembering they exist.

Though, my biggest issue is that making an rp isn't as hard as maintaining it. I've had a lot of issues just maintaining posting on any rps I make for dothackers.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Trying not to spam...
I'm sure not many people have a good image of me-- Or even an image-- about RPs ... But i'm willing to give it a go again...! If anyone really wants to RP, and give this section of the boards(My favorite one) one last stand...! Then i am going to support the reviving post, and give it my all to revive the place that made me grow mature and also perfection my english!... As well as Role-Playing skills...

I am willing to help revive these boards!... Even if we must make a proyect for it...
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

I'm not into RPing much these days, but I can try.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Count me in then, might as well now that a particular member I loathe on these boards is gone.