.Hack//The Rise and Fall

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

.Hack//The Rise and Fall

Post by KiteXX »

It's been two years since that speech was given. "I am Balmung..." and nothing good has happened since. Things went downhill and just got worse and worse. "You can call me king, as I'm taking over The World..." Balmung stepped into a leadership position, after that, and nobody has been able to touch him. Everyone who tried to fight him capped their levels at 100 and couldn't progress any farther. But one day, the cap was lifted. At least for a few players. The hope of the comatose, and the hope of The World was placed on their shoulders

Changes to The World:
Our heroes shall have a direct line to Oz, the corrupt file. This means each character can debug and and fix the world, along with having a certain power based on their playing type.
Combat will be increasingly difficult. I more Posts of "I hit it, and it died. I'm talking about reallly trying to make the combat reasonable.
Data Drain is Not a function of Oz. So not allowed.
All characters must be pmed to me for approval.

TEMPLATE:
Name:
Character Name:
Oz Function:
Class:
Bio:
Appearance:

My character will be posted when I'm released from hospital.
Haseo_Dude

Re: .Hack//The Rise and Fall

Post by Haseo_Dude »

Name: Zack
Character: Blaze
Oz power: dual wielding broadswords(when JE)
Class: Adept Rouge, TwinBlade, EdgePunisher(locked), FlickReaper(locked)
Bio: At fisrt, independent. Never really wanted people by him, so he wont get Pkd at the beginning of his time in the game, until he becam level 10. He does
appreciate his new friend's company when times do get rough. New to The World and was sent in by his older sister to try to find his sister's boyfriend in-game. Knowing about what has happened in the game by a character of the name Balmung_01, after finding out about his girlfriend falling into comatose state, Zack studies about more of The World some more and finding changes. Zack logs back into The World, to find a devastating adventure.
App:

Code: Select all

[url=http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/1b2fa23403a34fae92203462a20b5280/http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa144/gundam-rx-79/Anime%20Guys/Anime%20guy%20blonde%20hair/-anime-guy2-1.jpg]hoodeddude[/url] [/
code]
Last edited by Haseo_Dude on Tue May 20, 2014 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

TEMPLATE:
Name: Leona Ardealescu
Character Name: Wasurenagusa
Oz Function: After-Image, if Wasurenagusa blocks an attack successfully her body's after-image will be left and allow her to counter.
Class: Flick Reaper
Bio: A girl who fought against the Bloody Sonia and lost but decided to challenge her over and over, stalking her PKer until the two had capped off. She's desperate to prove she's not just a victim but she is scared to fight when her enemies are aggressive as Virgin Blade certainly was. When Oz activated Virgin Blade was forced to use her level 100 Rage mode, thereby forever locking it, while Wasurenagusa did not win, she's confident her new ability will allow her to fly through the world, even after Balmung's rule.
Appearance: Will you remember me?
Last edited by Haseo{Terror of Death} on Sat May 24, 2014 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

Name: Leo Cathis
character name: Leits
Oz Function: auto correct- completely removes any chance of an attack missing, must be activated before the attack, and can only be used for one attack action. If attacking repeatedly, when your weapon stops moving for more than 10 secs, the Oz function is ended.
Class: Blade Brandier
bio: Leits joined Wisdoms guild right after Leona did, and was actually the second person to break the level cap, right after wisdom. Leits had watched friend after friend be destroyed by Balmung, and vowed vengeance against him.
Last edited by KiteXX on Tue May 20, 2014 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

Player Name: Wisdom
Character Name: Masaru Seven "Masaru of The Seven Paths"
Oz Function: Prestige: She can grant herself or others access to a new class, much like a job extension. The job isn't just created at random though, it's pulled together from the code so it's either a leftover from things that they started but never finished for the current iteration.
Race: Lei Tribe
Class: Shadow Warlock/Wave Master
App: A tall lynxesque woman with blue tinted glasses, but otherwise dressed like Vivi.
Bio: After her roommate was put into a coma by Balmung Wisdom took the notes Ben had made and has been trying to figure out how to wake Ben and the other Lost Ones up. She suspects that beating Balmung may be the answer. She has created a guild called The Seven Paths specifically for this purpose. She has a fair number of alts at the level cap.

Her wave master class grants him access to spells not normally available to a Shadow Warlock, and with the proper equipment ones that are not normally available at all, and allows her to use a staff instead of a grimoire.

Used gender swap on her character turning it from male to female, although, being a lynx that didn't change Masaru's face too much.
Last edited by GamerKale on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

(One more and we will begin)
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

Sorry it took so long but I'll update the bio
Name: Kyousuke Inoue
Character name: Reks
Class adept rogue ( braindier, tribal grappler, twin blade)
Oz function: dual wield, And speed stat: for a limited time his characters speed stat surpasses the systems limitation this function puts a major strain on his physical body in the real world and is only active at its fullest for 3 minutes at a time any more would cause major damages
App: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2010 ... af/Rex.jpg

After job extension gear: http://www.zerochan.net/375767#full ( with a red scarf around his neck)
Bio: ( will update)
Last edited by kai the pkk on Mon May 26, 2014 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

It had been two years since he had come home to find that his adoptive mother had fallen into a coma whilst playing a game called, .Hack//A New World. Leits, after much research, finally came to the conclusion that the only way to save his mother, was from within The World. He had taken friends with him, as a party, but his obsession with beating Balmung drove them away. many of them were comatose now. It was about this time when he met Wisdom, and as a bid to see each others worth, they went questing together. It was here, questing, Leits was struck in awe, as Wisdom became the first player to break the level cap, reaching level 101, and Leits did the same not long after.

"With this....We have a chance to beat Balmung!" He rushed towards Wisdom, a huge grin spreading across his face, "we can do it! We can beat him."

It was the cost that such power invoked, that they were to forever struggle against. Some could even say that this was the cause of the hacked monsters, and the bugs in the game. Shortly after this encounter, they found that they had access to a certain folder, a folder they had never seen before. It held several accessible options, and many many more inaccessible ones. It had a small title, just two letters, but Leits would never forget them. Oz. Leits turned towards his party member.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

"Maybe. It should at least help." Masaru Seven cautioned Leits. Wisdom was not as certain, they had gained one level, it didn't actually change that much.

She grew tense when she saw Oz. "This." He breathed fast as he looked at Oz. This is what he used. With this the playing field should be less one sided. Masaru's fingers raced through the screens looking for something, anything that might be able to awaken the comatose. "We need more information. We don't know what all of this does or how any of it works. Prestige? What are you? Target? Uh, myself I guess." These are class names from The World and Force: ERA, hm, I wonder. Wavemaster. Masaru pressed the button. An R:1 warp gate appeared around Masaru's character, spinning wildly to keep Leits away.

He found himself alone standing in the middle of a crossroads of seven tunnels. A staff came floating out of one of the ceiling and landed in front of Masaru, he picked it up, and magic flooded from every tunnel and into him.

The gate vanished and Masaru stood there with his new weapon, a simple wooden staff. "Guess I can use staves now. Ah, wait, my spells." Masaru checked her skills. All of her offensive spells were still there and more, she checked the other spells, at a glance it looked like every spell in the game was in there. "Ok, that's cool. Hey, Leits, want me to try and prestige you too? Could be awesome."
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

He shook his head. Not only was he uncomfortable with the thought of his class changing, he was almost positive he didn't want Masaru to change his class. Instead, he turned his attention to the Oz menu, scrolling through each option, even the grayed out ones.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

"Aw, you're no fun." He returned to perusing the Oz menu. Hm, gender swap. He pushed the button and Masaru Seven became a chick. "Huh." She looked down at herself. "Well kind of defeats the point of me making my primary male. Oh well, it's not like anyone is going to hit on me when I look like this. I'm going to head back to the @Home and check the rest of what this can do out. Catch ya later." She closed the menu and warped back to the town.
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

Blaze was searching for answers for when his girlfriend was in a coma. "What the hell? Balmung? Ruler of The World?" blaze check out The World again then in a few hours, he was able to make a level high to the 80s. He doesn't stop there, Blaze decides to do some Pking around The World. "I want information, don't refuse!" He cornered a PK from running away, "I'm asking the most nicest way I could hold. Wat do you know about the last few people that were held into comatose?"

"This **** is never going the way I plan it might be." Blaze sighed as he teleported back to the Town. "Who will help me?" He sat down on a corner edge with his hand hold up his head.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Name: Isaac Kenneth Crow
Character Name: Nyx
Oz Function: Reaper: Able to use both his classes at the same time with a different set of skills, slowing down his speed but compensating with immunity to stun and won't flinch when attacked--But will still receive the damage--; wielding his broadsword in his left hand and his scythe in his right.
Class: Adept Rogue: Flick Reaper / Edge Punisher
Bio: Being one of the few people who saw his playmates being put into a coma due to a player inside The World, he panicked at first and deleted all his links with The World trying to believe that it was a lie. After a time passed, he decided it would be the best to go back and investigate more about his friends and try to do as possible to bring them back from their state. Being a solo player in his past account for a while had helped him with his new account, with the same name: Nyx. "You can call me king, as i'm taking over The World..." These words echoed in his mind every time he went out to level, eventually this got to his mind and developed a hate for Balmung because of these words... After putting his friends into a coma. He would usually ignore people and reject party invites, his member adress list is empty and he only keeps contact with people who has information about Balmung, unfortunatedly none of them actually play the game.

Appearance: Crimson Hair with black strips, a red mark on his face and same color tattoos on his arms. A white long coat with the Kanji for Death God(Shinigami) Inscribed on his back and Black pants with a crimson wing decoration on the left leg, black sneakers.
Silver eyes And five gems floating around him to the height of his waist and a transparent seal mark on his back.

http://s12.postimg.org/aawm1algd/IMG011 ... 4_2333.jpg
Last edited by AZURE-KITE on Sat May 24, 2014 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

Leits was still pondering his predicament when he returned to town, however, he decided to dive into some of the high level fields to see if he could gain any levels. He shot a message to Masaru, hoping to see if she had learned anything new from their previous encounter together. Leits whipped out his charophone, and left a voicemail. He then dove into the chaos gate, searching for the answers to his mothers comatose state, as he had been for two years.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

Masaru shot back a reply. "Sorry, nothing yet." She stretched her hands over her head and let out a long breath. "I don't think I'm going to get anywhere just going through the menu again and again. Might as well check out the shops and see what kind of staves are available."

Masaru wandered the Σ server Breg Epona searching for any viable staves that she didn't already have in the guild storage either in the guild shops or if any players were looking to trade one off or something. It had always been weird, the level cap being 100, likely thanks to Balmung's influence, but there were fields as high as 150 available from the server's chaos gate. Some players had taken to the higher level fields as if they were raids from other MMOs. She had participated in a few of them herself, but that was mostly out of boredom and she hadn't collected too many pieces of gear from them.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

(App updated! It was a night's work C: A whole afternoon of inspiration for some sketchy job!)

Logging into The World once again, the first thing that popped up was 'Search more information about Balmung' in his mind and a guy who was sitting right in front of him almost at his feet, he raised an eyebrow and looked down "if you're not going to put a red carpet for me to walk on it, scram" He said in a deep, calm voice "Or are you useful?" He pushed the tip of his right shoe to the guy's leg a bit "Do you happen to know anything about the King of The World, other than what appears in unofficial forums?" He crossed his arms as the gems floating around him constantly and slowly rotated clockwise around his waist.

'I hope he doesn't make me waste my time... That last guy tried to scam my money, but oh well... They drop the money back after i PK them' He chuckled a bit, unconsciously while still staring down at the guy. After the guy could answer, he cleared out "Oh yes, if you don't know who am i talking about... It's Balmung, but if you didn't know who he was at first... Then you're not reliable" He stopped smiling and made a serious face again.
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

((nice character))

Blaze was startled at first, then flipped around to stand up, "Balmung?! You looking for Balmung too? Yeah I'm reliable, in fact, whats your deal with him huh? I'm looking for him to bring back my girl in the real world. She did nothing wrong." Checking out Nyxs character he smiled, "You look strong enough, may I tag along? i'll warn you know, I'm a PKK, are you?" He studied Nyx's character once more, "What are those, emeralds to a sonic theme?" He chuckled a bit. "I'm Blaze, I'm looking for that bastard Balmung too." Blaze then showed his technique to prove he's good enough for a fight. "Hey, by any chance you know a guy on here with the name of "L"? He's my sister's boyfriend that wanted to see me, I heard he has bee playing this game for two years and is level 100. Kinda Haseo-y, can't miss him."
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

He shrugged, crossing his arms "Yes, i know L. He's an old friend of mine... And yes, i'm also looking for Balmung... He put my friends in a coma if you're wondering" 'Sonic Theme...? I'm sure i'm not turning yellow and flying around' He opened his arms and rested his hands on his waist "By the way, you shouldn't let the people know you're a PKK so easily, some of us aren't too fond of them..." He bent his arm upwards and his wrist pointing at Blaze with the palm facing up, making a gun with his fingers "Tell you what, if you can convince me... I'll let you in the information i got about Balmung, in exchange of yours... And i'll help you get stronger.. Your moveset could use a few adjustments" He opened his Charophone, scrolling through the options to the Equipment menu. He noticed a few 2 Star weapons of other classes and his own equiped weapons 'Reaper's Sword... Weird name for a scythe... I never really got it..' He selected the broadsword 'Jynx's Wrath... Main Weapon' He selected the sword as a main weapon and put his skill trigger with both weapons' 2 strongest skills.

"If you're really interested... Then here i am, waiting for your challenge"

Nyx said these words with the deepest voice he could make, awaiting for Blaze's answer
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

He danced around the goblin, taking no risks. He slashed it twice, and nimble dodged the counterattack that it let loose. After repeating this process Leits had defeated all but the boss enemy in this field, netting him two levels. It was then that he had received Masaru's reply. He sighed, he hadn't learned much of anything either. He entered the boss fight, with the Oz menu up, and one of tthe grayed functions became applicable. Selecting it, he dashed in for a surprise attack.
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

They both went into a field, "Okay, sure, I'll prove I'm strong enough," Blaze whipped out his dual swords on Nyx and launched an attack, "Chaotic Strike!" He trid to keep coming with attacks that can do damage on Nyx instead of just moving fast. "That's it, time to switch." Blaze then switched to his broad sword and made a move again, "Tiger Blitz!" Within the motion, his attack missed. "Damn it, why?" Blaze was losing, "How come everything never goes 'my' way?!" He healed himself with items then pounded on his keyboard in the real world. Just then, a button can onto his screen menu with a function to scroll his finger down. Two letters appeared in his face, "Oz?" he took a real quick look of what it was the just pressed the button. "Now functioning ability" a voice was heard. Then automatically, Blaze scooped up his broad sword and looked like split it in two and a copy was made. "Dual wield?" He paused, "No way......ah, haha, hehehe, AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!" Laughing like a maniac, Blaze then charged at Nyx with his dual broad swords, "Get ready for a Slice...." Blaze cut up Nyx with one hand, "And a Dice!" then pounded Nyx into the ground with the other.