.Hack//The Rise and Fall

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

GamerKale

Re: .Hack//The Rise and Fall

Post by GamerKale »

"Not nearly as much as I'd like. It just appeared either just before or just after I breached the level cap, but that may not be the trigger and this is certainly not Oz's true form. Based on Ben's notes- actually I'll email you copies later. Fresh eyes and all that. Don't want to poison the well with my own assumptions."

"Ah, you see that would be true. If I had more people than I have fingers on my hand in my guild. One does eat up more of my time than the others though, both in and out of game, but I don't think I can just leave him to his own devices. Maybe our new addition will be able to help some, at least on this side. And I haven't had any direct conflict with the would be king, I don't think we'd be talking right now if I had, regardless of level. But I can appreciate your position." She said and turned back to the forest. "So, you get an Oz menu too?"
twilight_keeper

Post by twilight_keeper »

Opening up his own menu he nodded in confirmation; "Indeed I did, but... I'm not sure about yours, but while it seems personally tailored to my own... past, I suppose, but..." his voice trailed off into the distance, his gaze affixed somewhere beyond here.

"One thing I can say, is my functions are dangerous. Not just to me, or other players, but potentially The World as a whole." As his face returned towards a position facing Masaru Seven. His eyes seemed inordinately focused. "I really don't like using it, not one bit."

His voice changed tunes quickly, focusing now on her second statement. "I'm surprised with your personality you don't have more. My own guild is larger than I would have ever thought it would be, but maybe it's just because we provide a service players always seem to need." Shows of concern crossed Goudesh's face once again; "But the amount of players we get for our secondary, but in my mind primary, goal... is another story entirely." Thinking about research made his gears spin, but idled at this point, shifting his thought process in yet another direction. "So your charge then, how did that happen? Usually when there's a situation like that, I'd like to think it's related to something."
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

When heard of Oz, Blaze turned to say that how he'd know about it, then another player appeared, "Hey hold on how'd you get here? " He pointed his index at Masaru Seven as if he saw a ghost coming o utof thin air. "Hey, how do you know about Oz? What's YOUR story?" Pulling out his second, Blaze wield both his cherry red broadswords like a master swordsman and slamming them into the ground. "Mine I think is this, broadsword dualwielding. Seens too simple of what I think."
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

"Mine is mostly passive. It's got a "Prestige" function. That turned me from a mere Shadow Warlock into a Wave Master and a "libra scope" that lets me see personal information about other players and details about monsters. I might be able to at others with Prestige, but that could be dangerous to them."

Masaru grinned at his surprised statement. "Oh I could have a big guild, but A) I don't want the headaches of that. B) My guild has a very narrow scope, save the lost ones. And C) I don't want to put anybody else at risk who isn't already involved in some way. Which ties into your other question."

Masaru sat down with her staff across her lap and then went afk for a minute, checking on Leo, and then she was back. She checked to make sure he hadn't arrived yet and continued. "My investigation led me to find a mother in a coma and her son who was hellbent on revenge. Still is, unfortunately, but at least he's eating better and his grades are recovering."

She blinked up at Blaze, she had forgotten he was there. "I'm a wizard, one of the wise. I know things. That is literally the job description."
twilight_keeper

The man cocked his head backwards towards the Rouge. "Sometimes simple is better in cases like these, Blaze." Goudesh's vernacular was simple and to the point. He personally did not enjoy what this Oz function brought to him, not one bit. While the complexity was indeed something he thought he should find intriguing, that's about where it stopped. "What I will say is that mine does function somewhat similar to yours Masaru."

The lost ones being brought up again brought a tinge of solemnity to his eyes. That was a mystery worth looking into, that was for sure. He remembered the case of the Lost prior to this one, and lamented the fact that he could only do mere research on the problem, not be a part of its solution. This time though, it will be different...

The lithe cleric turned his head back to Masaru; "Perhaps an exchange of guild membership should be in order then. I have an interest in solving the case of the lost as well, after all. It's tragic what The World is capable of doing to human lives, I remember when online junkies seeming like their trapped of their own volition was the only problem, not literally being consciously trapped in a game."
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

"So that's your story. Are they called 'Lost Ones' correct?" Blaze sheathed up his duals and his glove's blades came out, as if switching to twin blade, making somewhat 'Hidden Blades'. "My girlfriend and I played this game for just mere fun, I love MMOs. Until when I heared the colapse of her and she was place in a hospitol. For months, I've been playing and read the news of the mysterious King Of The World Balmung take control."

Blaze gripped his hands in frustration. "Your friend, the one with his mother, I feel the great pain as well. Let me side with you guys, is it possible I can be in both? Guilds I mean." He looked towards Masaru, if so, I promise to not give headaches, I'm straight forward." Blaze laughed. "Bringing back MY lost One will be enough, but if everyone's in the risk, I will risk my own to bring them back."
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

"Perhaps it's because we're both casters and/or guild masters. Or maybe it's more personalized. Oz could be something observing us and granting or cursing us with these abilities based on our playstyle."

"Two new guildies in one day that's a new... actually no that is the record."

Masaru blinked at Blaze, the fellow was an odd duck, but they're both aware of the risks. "Yeah, The World allows for multiple guild memberships. So three, now that's a new record." Masaru went ahead and invited them both. "
twilight_keeper

Goudesh remarked to the both of them; "Unfortunately, we'll more or less stuck if we intend on travelling in a pack, since it seems your allies are still missing." He took a seat on a nearby tree branch, balancing himself lightly. "However, this does give us time for discussion, if that is indeed still the plan. As you know, I'm quite the fan of conversation, although Blaze, you seem more like the restless type, and technically, we do have a pretty idealized party for taking the Forest on, more or less."

Thinking deeper about the condition of lost ones, he mused on a particular aspect about them. "I do wonder exactly what it is that causes the comatose state. Consciousness isn't something that can be quantified... can it?"
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

Humbly taking the invite for Masaru's guild offer, he turned to Goudesh. "I don't know," he resonded. But yeah, discussion is everything. Like Goudesh, Blaze turned to up a higher brach though and sat-squated on it, with his hood still on. "To be honest, I would make a perfect assassin. And, while we do sit here and chat, is it possible for at the same time our contacts could be falling to comas as we speak?" Blaze only wanted to point it out.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

"That you are." Masaru nodded in agreement with Goudesh regarding consciousness, "Yeah, pretty much."

Masaru maintained her seat upon the ground. "And those in comas could be waking up, Blaze. Wondering about what might be happening right now when there is no evidence to suggest otherwise will drive you mad."
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

Blaze sighed as Masaru said so of the Lost Ones could be awakening. "If only we had a sign if that's true Masaru. Watch yourself, I'm coming down!" Blaze sat up and flung himself off the branch, his leap of faith made him land on his back on a bush. "That ended well." He said getting up and scratching his back.

"If we're going to start anytime soon, I'm marking this here tree trunk." His twin 'Hidden' blades shot out with a shiiiing and make a 3 stride scratch with one and another, making and X.
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

Reks: ( he blocks an oncoming attack) your not bad yourself your really strong...( the two players continue to clash but Was manages to land in some clean hits causing Reks to back away) <<Razors Edge>> ( he dashes at Was and he unleashes his blade braindier skill) haaaah! ( hislade continues to clash with hers as he slowly breaks through her gaurd and lands a few hits) I gues is should of known that wasent enough to do it...( he readies his sword for her to retaliate)
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

((He lives! I hope everything's alright kai!))

“Sweet talking me isn't going to be the way to beat me you know!” Wasurenagusa was stuck in a cycle of blocking, and unfortunately Reks' attacks were faster than she could block sometimes. Any block that wasn't absolutely perfect was absolutely useless to her. “I'm a master in PVP you know!” Wasurenagusa declared boldly charging at Reks until Leits' character popped up. She hopped over him and turned fiercely, “Don't go interrupting our sparring bouts!” She said angrily, practically hissing.

As she hissed a shortmail showed up on her screen and then another soon after. “Hey guys Masaru's callin' us to do some silly quest thingie. We'll call this my win okay Reks?” Wasurenagusa winked playfully and sent the two a party invite since she knew the area words to the Quest they were going to take part in. “After we clear this quest we're gonna be bounty hunters okay boys?” She let her weapon disappear and posed triumphantly.
twilight_keeper

Trevel stood up from his computer chair, removing his headset and wandered over to the kitchen, removing the milk carton he usually kept stored in the far left corner of the refrigerator, bottom shelf. Pouring the white liquid into a small glass, he sat down at his small round kitchen table, centered directly in, and pondered some of the events of the past, desperately trying to correlate them to the future.

"This event alone isn't much, I know that. At its core, it is just a difficult, long, and arduous dungeon that tries the skill and patients of its challengers, but still..." the 31 year old man's voice seemed to dissipate into a void unseen, catching his words and muting them somewhere down the hall. "if I recall, there was a situation detailed where this thing was cleared beforehand, but there was little to no data on it. To me, that doesn't seem like a situation that would cause for alarm or fanfare. I mean among more simple folk maybe... no. There's something at the bottom of this thing, something that would shock you to the core, I know it. But what is it? I intend to find out. I MUST know the real secret behind The Forest of Pain, and if it connects in any way to whatever it is that is allowing a character to claim dominion over The World, OUR World, I'll find it. And when I do..."

His voice trailed off again, and he was content with finishing off his glass of fat-free milk and washed out the glass, replacing its contents with water. Returning to his desk, Trevel C. Marker once again resumed the guise of Goudesh, the Cleric, but not before finishing his thoughts; I'll put a stop to this personally, if I must.
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

((Hey guys, back from camping and fishing what the hell happened?))

"I'm not liking anything of this Forest." Blaze peered around leaning on a tree. "Oz, the main thing we should know that collides our minds and nerves, to The World as we think our bodies are in the game. Its not likley to have not so normal players to an Event Area like the Forest of Death." He put his hands behind his head, sighing away, "I'm kinda tired, good thing its summer break for me." He chuckled.

"ZACK! I'm going out!" Shouts from his sister. "I'm going to Kyl- I mean, your friend as you know L's house. Ill be back in a few hours, byeezzz!" his sister slammed the front door like it was no big deal.

"OKAAAAY!!!!" Blaze shouted as he heard his sister in the real world. "Sorry guys, my sister going to see her bf. He's actually playing this game, I think his name is L. Damn, I wish we had more people on our side to go through this place..." Blaze slumped on his tree to the ground as his wishes couldn't have come true enough like in the real world.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

((Sorry Dude, I was waiting for... someone to post. Can't remember who just now, but someone.))
Masaru blinked at Blaze as he spoke. She wasn't really following his train of thought, so she just shrugged. It takes all kinds, I guess. L? Ah, right, he knew Ben too. Might not be the same guy though. Lots of ways to spell that. Might dig into that more later. "Good things come to he who waits, Blaze. I'm sure the others will be along soon enough. But if you really feel you cannot wait any longer, we could start the forest, and when they get here I'm sure they'll come after us, when they do we can turn back and link back up with them. Basic battle strategy, I'll debuff and provide some ranged support, you'll be the tank and main dps, Goudesh can buff us and keep our health up. If any get around you I'll try to juggle them, failing that, I'm fast so I can probably draw aggro and run circles around any that can't be juggled."
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

Reks: your win...okay sure but hood on theres a quest, what quest are we about to go on exa-wait Bounty hunters?...why exactly are we going to do that? You mean like real bounty hunters..hunting down criminals like high roller Pkers or something like that for a cash reward or something..although that does sound super awesome shouldn't we be more focused on something else??....
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

(( hey guys its been a while, and I know that the site is decreasing in visits and views, aaaannnd that the role play is not so being used in here anymore anybody up for bringing this dead post back? Or shall we role play on facebook? Btw I think I'm getting better at this hahahaa))
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

((OCC: I believe i've already said this many times now but... I might be good to post on RPs again... But i see this is dead... Umm... I'm working on a project right now but i might need help... If anybody (ever) liked any of my RPs (Which i don't think so), maybe you want to help, work on it or even support it?... I might postpone it for later, also... I might start working on it right now... Anyways, to anyone interested... I might make a new post on this Role-Play section with the project's name...

A fluke that i didn't mention is that i didn't write it down, so i MUST remember all of it and write it down all on my own so it might take some time. If you're interested just PM me, i'll be here for a while more)