Azoria: Lost Utopia

.hack role-playing, any creative writing, fan fiction, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

GyppyGirl2021

Azoria: Lost Utopia

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

A while ago, I made up an "original setting for crossover fanfiction". It was called Azoria. It was pretty much a generic fantasy-ish setting, but there was a gate that allowed travel between worlds with the use of six-digit coordinate numbers. It had its own story, and I plotted up a couple things to put into it back then.

Well, I abandoned the setting for a while, and now I'm bringing it back for the sake of doing a sort of post-apocalyptic survival adventure thing. With two of my new interests, and one older interest.

It's called "Lost Utopia" because the original concept of Azoria was as a sort of "utopia", hidden from the outside to keep the peace. But, well, all good things must come to an end...

Buuut yeah. The main body of this story is going to be composed of "Ruined Azoria", and people from .hack, Fire Emblem (?) and Homestuck (???). Because I'm a dork like that.
And it will, of course, most likely have lots of spoilers.

Anyway, I'll post it up here, bit by bit, and see if anyone is at all interested.

---

Prologue: Unknown Purpose

-

Hello. My name is Inigo, son of the dancer Olivia. To be honest, I'm surprised that I was able to record my tale, and I doubt that anyone who sees this will believe me.

If there's anyone still living here, that is.

...Maybe I should explain what I mean by that. I can say for certain that this place isn't Ylisse, but beyond that, I don't know where I am. I haven't met a living soul since I came here, so...

Oh, I almost forgot. Ylisse is my homeland... or, at least, it was. In my time, there are no such things as nations. The fell dragon, Grima, has returned, and he has set the entire world to ruin. Recently, my companions and I devised a plan to borrow the power of the Divine Dragon, Naga, to return to the past and avert Grima's return... but, well, that plan was never really set into motion.

And now, here I am, alone in a dead land that's even more bleak than my time.

Still, I have the feeling that if I give up now, I won't get anywhere. I've decided that I'll try to stay alive for the time being. Who knows? Maybe the others are here as well...

-

The first thing the outlanders saw when they opened their eyes to their new home was the utter emptiness of it all.

A vast wasteland stretched out in all directions, illuminated by the light of a dying sun. There were scattered remnants of forests and civilization, but most of the ruins were uninhabitable; even the sturdiest of structures looked as if they would collapse at any moment.

And yet, despite everything, the sounds of living creatures could still be heard. Some of them friends, perhaps, but most of them fiends...

The newcomers, though confused and disoriented, made their own survival a first priority. Finding out what had happened could wait until later - so long as the solitude did not drive them mad first.

---