.hack//project 3D Q&A, Comments and Work In Progress

Post original art and .hack fanart here. Submit fanart to fanart@dothackers.net

Moderator: Moderators

SephirothSolace

Post by SephirothSolace »

Hey ///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317, maybe you should model some pocky?...
Nori Maki Misao

Post by Nori Maki Misao »

WOWEE.... :shock: NICE PICS YA GOT THERE...VERY NICE PICS YA GOT THERE....
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Nori Maki Misao wrote:WOWEE.... :shock: NICE PICS YA GOT THERE...VERY NICE PICS YA GOT THERE....
I used to be a noob too...but E1 impresses everyone, lol.
Natsume

Post by Natsume »

Great pic Akujiki! Great pics indeed! ^_^ I'm not completely sure if your still taking requests or not. but could you perhaps make a model of Crim's weapon? That would be great!
///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317

Post by ///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317 »

Yeah, I am still taking requests, so its all good (I need to update my list somewhat). Also, there has been a slight change. Due to some extremely rough terrain, the dojo that I am creating will NOT be the Einsamkeit dojo. This is a combination of time constraints before it is due, and the fact that I need a more powerful computer in order to model it (even PHOENIX can't handle it... which means that I have to upgrade...).

Anyway, its on schedule and all good! It should be done by wednesday.
Chibisuke

Post by Chibisuke »

E1N i could use a "Kite Meets Chibi" kind of themed Sig.. (thinking of changing my current Sig Pic)
///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317

At the curren't time, I am not doing character models (I lack the experience to do one as well as some of the other things I do, dispite their exellent quality in your eyes) so you will have to go into the queue. However, I will eventually.

Woot! Just passed frame 2000 of 5600, so the dojo is comming along! Also, I have an anouncement to make about it, but I will keep it a surprise until then (you may have to wait a few years to see the outcome of what I will soon reveal, but I'll make sure everyone sees the parts of it.

In the meantime.... here is a taste of what the final will look like. This IS the final product for The Dojo - Beta Version, but not the REAL dojo. Anyway, more information to come, as soon as I get everything cleared (it will happen regardless, but this will help). Then I will reveal what I mean by the real dojo is yet to come....

The small pic is great, but the fullsize (click on picture) shows the true detail of the environment, which I spent the most time on. Well, kind of. Given, the models aren't great, but like I said, there is more to come...
Natsume

Post by Natsume »

Are you still going to make Crim's weapon? I'm not trying to rush you or anything, just wondering :o
///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317

Well, the dojo is done. Thats the good news.

The bad news is the fact that I have had alot of technical difficulties durring the thing, and therefore misrendered almost a thousand frames of my 5600 frame animation. However, I have learned alot, and therefore can improve upon it. And because of this, I will NOT be releasing the video to you as of yet. I will be working to profect it over the summer by basically ripping it appart and starting from scratch.

But wait! There is more good news.
The fact of the matter is this project, as well as your support, has caused this to be one of my most successful failures in the history of my six month modeling career. Thats right, I have only been doing this for six months, so I think that its not too bad for a n00b. Anyway, it is because of you that I worked through this project, and continued to do things. I believe that thanks to your support, I wish to give something back to you.
And what could that be? What could I give you that would be memorable to say "yeah, ///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317, I knew that dude!"?

THE EINSAMKEIT DOJO

Yes, I will go back and accuratly create this area to the best of my ability, and make it come to life in a large animation. It has become my Senior Individual Project, so I will have 2 years to work on it, so I can get the skills nessisary. This includes my accurate enviornmental factors, the character models which will be included, and the dojo, WHICH INCLUDES the actual Dojo Complex, the Dewshack Gateway, and the DELOS-IV facility. This wide range of environments will allow me to use all aspects of LightWave 3D, including all the special effects that it has to offer that I couldn't put into this beta version of my small vilage due to time constraints and the power of my computer.

So here is the plan. Because the Einsamkeit Dojo areas were created on your fan input, the dojo itsself in a feudal Japanese style has elements that were designed by the writers of the story. Therefore, if you have anything you preticularly want to see in it, TELL ME NOW! as I am starting to draw all of my sketches to plan the facility out. Send that to me in a PM however. In the future, there will be three sticky topics about this project:

-The Einsamkeit Dojo 3D animation Project
-the .hack//3D Model Projects finished section
-Requests and comments.

Within these catagories is kind of self explanatory. The dojo one will have information ONLY about the dojo project. The Finished section will have everything that I have done, kind of like a portfolio, but only that. It will be locked. And the requests and comments are things other than the dojo that I will be doing durring my time off. Most of these will be used to try new thigns, so feel free to request objects, and later on chracters, that portain to .hack, but you are free to choose whatever soon. The request's final pictures will be posted there as well, however you can comment on those. I need all the feedback I can get from this, so let me know what you think about this large undertaking of mine. Don't be afraid to talk (I know you all look at this, its the 2nd most viewed thread on the forum).

Anyway, those will be up by the end of the week, so if you have requested anything, see to it that you keep those in mind as this thread will be deleted, or just moved around a little. I will save a copy however just to remind me of the great support I had. Once again, I thank you so much for all your support!

-Christian "///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317" Jorgensen

Edit: Thu May 20, 2004 11:17 pm

(I know its a double post...)

OK, I am now taking requests again, so go ahead and start posting them, even if you already posted them before. The will be completed in the order they are received, and .hack related ones will be done first. Just a note-to-self.

Edit: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:06 pm

This has to be one of the biggest bumps in the history of this board, but what can I say. ANYWAY, Beo, please take care of this triple post somehow.... I can't edit it because it just wouldn't work that way.

Well, seeing that interest has returned to the modeling scene (yes, for those of you who want to know, I will be doing GU models once I get pictures and junk if you want to request them), I will bring back this thread, as well as update the pictures in time. Anyway, our next project will be...

Phoenix's Fire Sword

This one will be particularly interesting, seeing the high detail in a lot of the pieces. The only problem is that the in-game models are simply UV mapped, and flat, and therefore I'll have to guess on some parts of the weapon. Here is what i'm working off of:

Here is basically where most of the references come from. I had Balmung (thank goodness I have his older weapons still) standing within the Delta root town with the Phoenix's Fire, and took some general reference shots. Heh, you can see in the corner that I've leveled the crap out of little old Einsamkeit... but anyway, lets continue.

The sword itself is made up of four primary elements: the blade itself which is a very large bluish feather, the blade collar which is a red jewel inset in gold, the guard and collar made of a fan of feathers, and then handle and pommel.

Here's another view of the sword...

And another...

Anyway, if this isn't the sword you requested Balmung2, let me know, but I think this one will definitely be a good addition in any case. I'll start as soon as I have confirmation.

Post fixed as requested. Beowulf
Beowulf

Post by Beowulf »

Fixed up posts as requested. For those to lazy to read the posts above mine ( :roll: ) E1N has up-dated this post and is showing some nice screen shots of Balmung and the Phoenix's Fire Sword.

Edit: Just a side-note, but man.....that violin model is sweet. 8)
GameMaster5001

@_@

Post by GameMaster5001 »

Looking at some of the things Einsamkeit is capable of has made my new, Wal-Mart bought brain malfunction and crash. blarg. Seriously...you....rock...majorly. All power to you, Ein...and know that I would wait quite a while to see your work.
///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317

Sounds good, lol. Anyway, just an update, I'm currently working on the Phoenix's Fire, and so far have the easy part, the handle, modeled and named, but not textured yet. Next is to work on the feathers on the handle as well as the blade itsself, which is not going to be fun, lol. But anyway, here is the product as it stands.

And for the full size version, go to: http://img224.echo.cx/img224/8084/wippf18ed.jpg
Balmung2

Post by Balmung2 »

wow :shock: ........jk lol, But yeah, It looks good so far.
///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317

Click On The Picture For A Larger Version

Well here is the current state with the blade finished. Sure, I know you're looking at it like "WTF is that supposed to be?" but do not be fooled. Right now you're looking at stage one of four, modeling. I still have to texture it, scene it, and render it, and that will add alot of character to it. Stuffs that go on the surface add color, depth, and texture, so that it looks more realistic. I'm still under 500 polygons thanks to the metanurbs I used on the actual blade/sharp feather part, but its the little feathers that are going to jack that number up.

And I swear, you guys are out to kill me with this sword, considering I don't do organics well.. and this is FEATHERS...
GameMaster5001

Don't worry Ein!

Post by GameMaster5001 »

I have an entire truck full of "Ressurection" items in case it does kill you :P . Seriously, that looks good. I barely know anything about HOW to do the kind of stuff you're doing, but I do know a tiny bit about it in general, and I have to say that is looking quite good.
Balmung2

Post by Balmung2 »

Dang! That's really good. I thought it would take around 20 days to finish the thing, I know you're not done, but you're pretty far! I don't know, that sword just kinda grew on me in the game. :?
///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317

On the contrary, this is taking me WAY too long, considering I'm taking my time. Normally if I had to push this out for use, I could put the whole thing togeather, all the way through rendering, in about 4 hours max. I'm pretty good with it, I am just trying to get a few other things done at the same time. But anyway, more to come later; I just got home so give me a bit to relax and I'll start on the guard.
Balmung2

Post by Balmung2 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .........wow.........
Orca2

Post by Orca2 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: OH...MY...GOD... :shock: :shock: :shock:

I got some work 4 u, buddy...heh...heh...heh...

u probably didnt even read my requests 4 the pheonix blade and sun fang one, but forget about it. i NEED the DD bracelet!!!try to make it work for a banner.Hope it doesn't sound too greedy. :oops: