[Fangame] "Engagement"

Post original art and .hack fanart here. Submit fanart to fanart@dothackers.net

Moderator: Moderators

Morhighan

[Fangame] "Engagement"

Post by Morhighan »

Hi all. I'm back after my colossal computer failure that wiped my previous .hack projects off the face of the earth (despite having backed them up, I didn't have the heart to continue when my artist was forced to quit because of her school.)
Anyway, I'm back and I want to make a new fangame.
To make it easy on me, I'd like to make it a Visual Novel, however, I'm open to story-oriented turn based rpgs and stuff I can make in GameMaker. (I'm by no means a programmer. Yet.)

So, I'm having trouble with the story.

Here are some facts that will help you understand what I'm aiming to do:
A) I have a boyfriend who recently got in to .hack and decided it is his favorite thing ever
B) He's a game maker
C) I'm got the idea to make a game based off of this youtube video [Portal 2 Fanmade test chambers for the "Gary Hudston Project."]
D) The title of this thread and that video should give you an idea of what I'm trying to do. (I can't say anything explicitly in case he has the same idea and decides to google it.)

So, I want to make a game based on .hack where you have to go around and solve "mysteries" and in the end....a certain question is asked.
What sort of mysteries/puzzles/game play should I use?

I'm trying to think and I'm sleep deprived but I'm very excited, so I thought I'd come here to ask for help since y'all know .hack and I figured many brains are better than one.
Shoot!
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Re: [Fangame] "Engagement"

Post by Kaori »

maybe go old school, text based computer RPG's ,riddles and, visual puzzles.
VirusCoreS

Re: [Fangame] "Engagement"

Post by VirusCoreS »

Personally, I'll enjoy good ol' RPG :D (with no random encounter. srsly, that sucks :p)

The only things I can think of right now are something like... collecting 'keys' to advance to the next room/stage type.
maybe... with The World's mythology/historical riddles, puzzles, etc.
do you know 'Escape The Room' genre flash game? That would be cool to (for me, at least)

or, you can try 'solving' problems of .hack characters through many interaction :D