Against my better judgement, but here is my artwork censored

Post original art and .hack fanart here. Submit fanart to fanart@dothackers.net

Moderator: Moderators

Sadivinedevil

Against my better judgement, but here is my artwork censored

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Sorry Insydius I don't know if you're okay with this, but I'm going to post my fan art. I censored it but I don't know if that was enough. Oh well I don't frequent this site as much as I used to, and I thought I should contribute even if the artwork is controversial. I doubt that will be the case though since the original artwork (the picture that displays in the credits of .hack//GIFT) which I based my fan art off of is somewhat controversial in the .hack series as well (then again there is a lot of artwork from the series that is somewhat controversial). If I get penalized for doing this I'll be fine with it. Oh well here it is the censored version of the artwork I toiled over for the past 5 months.

http://sacrificabominat.deviantart.com/#/d3cn0do
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Re: Against my better judgement, but here is my artwork cens

Post by Helbaworshipper »

The artwork seems censored enough to be linked. It's an interesting style.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Helbaworshipper wrote:The artwork seems censored enough to be linked. It's an interesting style.
The style is experimental. I'd kind of say it's an attempt to try and make what I do in photo shop similar to the sketches I draw and scan in. It's not perfect yet, but I honestly like the things I learned in photo shop while I was working on this piece. Most of the gradients were made by making rings of colors and then blending them together. The darker shadows were a part of a separate layer and the highlights were also on that layer as well (Next time I should separate them). The female characters were drawn from memory without using reference picture (except for Natsume, and the markings on Blackrose). The male characters were mostly drawn from reference pictures (I couldn't find a picture of Balmung from GIFT, and I based Nuke off of Crim from the original picture.). I tried drawing the clothes by using reference pictures from the series, but my skills in drawing clothing isn't as good as I want it to be (I'm only partly proud of Blackrose's armor). The other background details such as the water, rocks, fence, and sky aren't my best work, but I was getting a little tired of working on this piece at that point. I hope with my later endeavors into photo shop will help me develop my art style more. Unfortunately I don't have plans to do anymore .hack artwork any time soon.

My main reason for doing this piece was because I was hyped up for the Localization campaign for .hack//Link and I noticed that some of the .hack series have a hot spring picture (GIFT/SIGN, Legend of the Twilight, and I found one for Quantum somewhere) and I just felt like drawing a fan made one which had the characters from the first four games. Perhaps someone else could draw one for G.U. and Link later on.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Awesome pic - especially Elk falling on the side after seeing Mia. :D
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

d5t wrote:Awesome pic - especially Elk falling on the side after seeing Mia. :D
The original has blood and in addition to him being stabbed by Piroshi's Flag he's got a bloody nose :lol: . Unfortunately I didn't think Deviantart would like those things without it being restricted so I removed them.