Post original art and .hack fanart here. Submit fanart to fanart@dothackers.net

Moderator: Moderators

Patolea
Air Force Cadet
Air Force Cadet

Re: Sketching

Post by Patolea »

@ -A- : Now that you hit the topic...

Wich pencil is better for what? I mean 2hb, 4hb and so on, I read somethng about this in a manga magazine but I did't understand.

Can anyone explain a little to me?

I always get anything that are in my reach at the moment and draw stuffs.

HugS
.Pato
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

@Patolea- The 'B' is for 'Softness', and the 'H' is for 'Hardness'.

H,HB and B are the standard pencils, mostly used for lines and writing. Anything from 2B~ is only really used for shading. Likewise, anything from 2H~ is only really used for line drawing and rough sketching.

If you want to know about longevity, think of it in terms of tires;
'The softer the tire, the quicker it wears out, but the more grip you have', ergo, softer pencils are used up quicker, but create bolder, darker lines.
'The harder the tire, the slower it wears out, but the less grip you have', ergo, harder pencils take longer to use up, but the lines they create are very faint.

I recommend using an H-B pencil for line drawing, and a 2B-4B for shading... unless you want to have Inking quality shading, then you use the softest pencil available.
Last edited by nobodyknows on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patolea
Air Force Cadet
Air Force Cadet

Post by Patolea »

@ NK: Now I get it. Thanks for the explanation.

So these pencils are the art material that they talked about up in the post, plus the ink to the final art and other tools right?
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

Patolea wrote:@ NK: Now I get it. Thanks for the explanation.

So these pencils are the art material that they talked about up in the post, plus the ink to the final art and other tools right?
Basically yes. Just remember those general rules, and you'll find art gets slightly easier.
Feel free to experiment with different pencils though; it's no fun if you take the guide to be the bible :B
-A-

Post by -A- »

nobodyknows wrote:
Patolea wrote:@ NK: Now I get it. Thanks for the explanation.

Basically yes. Just remember those general rules, and you'll find art gets slightly easier.
Feel free to experiment with different pencils though; it's no fun if you take the guide to be the bible :B

i havent been on in a few days but its basiclu like what he just said so theres no point in my explaining but 4HB is a beats x.X
Patolea
Air Force Cadet
Air Force Cadet

Post by Patolea »

I found a very interesting picture on dA from a friend of mine in the site, she shows the material that she uses to draw really ameazing stuffs!

Click on the image to go straight to her site.

I didnt realize that uses so much to draw a very good pic ^^

HugS
.Pato
-A-

Post by -A- »

Patolea wrote:I found a very interesting picture on dA from a friend of mine in the site, she shows the material that she uses to draw really ameazing stuffs!

Click on the image to go straight to her site.

I didnt realize that uses so much to draw a very good pic ^^

HugS
.Pato

my art teacchers say ima really good artist its just i cant make up mine own cartoon or anything i can only draw what i see i need a picture of it and i can draw it but i cant make up my own D:
-Loveless-

Post by -Loveless- »

Tack wrote:I'm starting to get into the whole sketching thing, and this might sound immature and stupid, but is there a place you could learn to sketch your favorite .hack characters, oir at least have examples like sketch art laying around the net to practice with?
You could use reference images if there's a specific .hack character you want to draw. I suggest look for actual game art versus fanart because fanarts tend to not be exact.