Good background.

Post original art and .hack fanart here. Submit fanart to fanart@dothackers.net

Moderator: Moderators

Phase 9

Good background.

Post by Phase 9 »

I am not able to draw, but I have a good Altimit backkground. It is a modified version of the one found here: http://www.dragonpalace.net/~asmaria/altimit-01.jpg
I took out the copyright text, the bar at the top, and erased the Japanese text under the icons. This way, you can actually read the English text. What I want to know is: since I have erased the copyright text, would I get in trouble for posting it here?
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

Phase 9

Hahaha...no.

Post by Phase 9 »

Mine has the menu to the left with the icons, only the text, copyrights, and crappy browser bar at the top have been (mostly) removed. That first link looked too fake. I am not sure what your 2nd link meant, but I will look at it again.

My background looks a little more realistic than the one here, but I'm having trouble removing the browser bar's shape (black rectangle). Other than that, a very good one. Still, I need to know if the lack of copyright is a problem.

PS: To Beowulf: Sorry, it was an accident :? . I did not notice it until now. ...Wait! You're one of the mod/admins, would you know the answer to this question?
Beowulf

Post by Beowulf »

Sorry, but backgrounds, and creating signatures are not really my specialty area. The only thing that I could help you out with is, suggesting where to go to get your pics hosted, and the coding that is necessary to show your pics. You should try getting ahold of E1N, by PM, e-mail, or IM. He should know the answer to your question.
Phase 9

sorry

Post by Phase 9 »

Sorry for annoying you. :?
Last edited by Phase 9 on Fri May 27, 2005 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beowulf

Post by Beowulf »

As for the whole legality issue, this is what I think

Well....while I highly doubt that you would get sued over copyright infringement, I am not sure whether or not it would be an infringement. I would guess that you are ok, but to be on the safe side, I would include a little disclaimer tag that aknowledges Bandai and CC Corp2's intellecual ownership over everything that is .hack//

You should be fine, if it is an infringement (which I do not think it is), I highly doubt that if they somehow discovered that you committed a copywrite infringement, that they would bother suing you. But then again, I am not a legal expert, and I have no info on what exactly is limitation of the copywrite, and the policies of Bandai and CC Corp2. In the unlikelyhood that they discover what you did, and that it is illegal, I would assume that they would ask you to get rid of it. But as long as you are not selling the BG, I do not see why you would be sued or forced to remove it.

Perhaps someone smarter than me knows the answer, but that is what I think.
Phase 9

Whatever

Post by Phase 9 »

It is not the real thing, but it looks real enough for me:
http://photobucket.com/albums/y295/Phas ... timit2.bmp

Legal Crap: This is a modified version of the image here:
http://www.dragonpalace.net/~asmaria/altimit-01.jpg

It is the property of whoever is written in that tiny, annoying text.
We do not pay each other or anything, okay?

EDIT: Ok, there is a problem with the resolution and size. Where can I publish a picture with 1.36 megs? Or rather, how can I decrease the resolution without making the image all crappy? ...and sorry, Beowulf. In most of the boards I have seen, all of the mod/admins are hackers or legal experts, but at this site, they actually let normal people moderate :D .
Last edited by Phase 9 on Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phase 9

Post by Phase 9 »

Last edited by Phase 9 on Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

My suggestion would for you to purchace a copy of Window's Blinds and use Skin Studio to actually make that start button work and to use an icon maker program like Axialis IconWorkshop to make those icons real. Then that be sweet rather it just being a still wallpaper.
Phase 9

Post by Phase 9 »

Uh, thanks(?), but I just recently started using computers for things other than playing games, so this is like a big deal to me the way it is. If I try some big program like that, I'll probably end up crashing my computer like I did with Paintshop Pro :? Also, I cover the icon graphics with my own icons, it's a lot easier. The 2nd link you gave me had more realistic stuff, but most of it either wasn't compatible with Windows, or I couldn't make it work. ...and I liked that portal idea...
-Kirad-

Post by -Kirad- »

i checked out that altimit theme on project altimit.org and it dosent work for some reason, dose eneyone know why?