3d fun

Post original art and .hack fanart here. Submit fanart to fanart@dothackers.net

Moderator: Moderators

Graves

3d fun

Post by Graves »

Ideas and some materials are not completely mine. Which is why its of course, fan art. Alot of .hack sites went down since I last showed my art around, so I decided to show some here.
For these models, please ignore the hair. They we're quickly put on to show the body. Same goes with the face.
Wavemaster
Longarm
Heavyblade

Crimson Armor

Chests and dungeons

skieth and aura

holyground

OLD weapons

random fields

OLD mac anu

these two arnt dothack, but are completely made and idea'd by me. Just to show I'm not completely useless on my own
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Re: 3d fun

Post by shugo_lover »

The statue looks like BT
Graves

Post by Graves »

....yea...I fixed that statue ALOT (as in completely redid the hair) so it looks like aura now. However the body structure remained the same...which is simular to .hacks statue if you look closely lol. If I get a pic later ill post it.

Heavyaxe ahoy!

wave killer
The Inbetweener
The Inbetweener

Post by wave killer »

Impressive, that Mac Anu looks incredible. What program did you use?
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

Those axemen look kinda scrawny compared to their authentic counterparts...

Not bad really...
You should un-crease the edges though...
Graves2

Post by Graves2 »

I've tried for a long time to remember what password/email Graves belonged too...gave up lol. It took forever to get my activation link (4 hours about) but finally I got an account again. Sorry if Graves2 breaks any rules, but I must comment on Sotah, my long lost friend. I've tried not only a while today to get Graves back...but several times since I last posted (a while ago)
Assuming...this is the same sotah from CC many years ago. if so, HEY! Lol, I can't tell you how long I used your character models after you left, however I moved on after a while :P

Some other images. Please dont assume this is advertising. This is in the engine yes, but I've released no games as of yet (actually to be honest, I've released fun demos to play as I progress in the engine, but nothing "offical" as far as I'm concerned, either way, I wont release a link...which is just basicly a twitter to update people who are intrested. I quit CC and a few friends are programming an engine using my models basicly)

As for heavyaxe...yea...nothing like the .hack ones...thank GOD. I HATED their proportions, looked like a seacow with ant like limbs...so I edited it, making them taller, and in armor.

To what program, ac3d. Its simple, which is...exactly what dothack is. Except for those army looking ninja dudes, that was with 3dsmax (my first time using it with those models :P)

heres some new screenies.

Satoh

Post by Satoh »

I thought those areas looked familiar... (in the sense of the geometry, not the .hack sense...)

I will agree that the heavy axemen in IMOQ looked awful...

I have a few suggestions on the twinblade there...

1. Her shoulders (provided she is, as I would assume by the texure, a woman) are very broad for a woman. I'd thin them out some.

2. the circular mark on her stomach is supposed to wrap around her side... The shadows which are on her chest are actually supposed to be the shadow of both breasts... so as it stands she has four. It looks like you tried to mirror the texture across the front... which doesn't work with that texture... though it may well work on others.

Good to see you've kept busy. I know a fair bit more about rigging and programming myself...

That engine your own work?
Graves2

Post by Graves2 »

the circular mark on her stomach is supposed to wrap around her side... The shadows which are on her chest are actually supposed to be the shadow of both breasts... so as it stands she has four. It looks like you tried to mirror the texture across the front... which doesn't work with that texture... though it may well work on others.
I'm very aware of that...and it was a PAIN to try and do with my method of texturing. God, I STILL hate doing characters, always will!

As for the engine, Unity atm. I'm doing non of the programming, I have these 3 geniuses doing that. Not trying to recruit but if ya want to help feel free. I'm at the point now where I don't care about communities or imaging or w.e...as long as the dang game is out and an MMO.
Personally, I don't even CARE for .hack anymore, but I have hundreds of .hack models...and dont want them to go to waste!
Graves2

Post by Graves2 »

An update (actually over a week old)
Pretty sure double posting is a no here...but no one posted here since I posted last time...and its ontop of the list.

Some screenshots in the game.
Ignore the lack of gui...I know >.> we're editing in the next update.

First floor of one of the cave dungeons. I personally like Castle more >.>

And just some random monsters
Note some of the textures suck...but I'm VERY lazy when it comes to monsters.
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

I agree that the castles are much more appealing, but the caves look decent.

Looks like the enemies have started appearing. I like the warrior and the goblins especially. The goblin face looks really accurate.
Graves2

Post by Graves2 »

lol...its a fun game pressing the reply button as all those images load @.@

some other ones, non too great since my last post...dont think any of them are finalized.

and no hair wave (basicly like mystrial)

castle
Zeroetanaru

Post by Zeroetanaru »

My WIP work. :lol:

Tack

Post by Tack »

Is this going to be an official game or just fanart?