Request: OS-tan for ALTIMIT

Post original art and .hack fanart here. Submit fanart to fanart@dothackers.net

Moderator: Moderators

N3IWVC

Request: OS-tan for ALTIMIT

Post by N3IWVC »

So far I have yet to see anything of this nature but I'm not a good enough artist to make it myself.
So if anyone out there is bored enough I think it'd be interesting to see an OS-tan for ALTIMIT and/or ALTIMIT mine.

In case you don't know what OS-tans are look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OS-tan
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Request: OS-tan for ALTIMIT

Post by Kuukai »

I wholeheartedly approve this idea, but I'm not too confident about my drawing either...
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

Come on guys. If someone could at least come up with some line-art I'm sure I could color it.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

I'm interested in starting one. Allow me some time to decide. Its hard to poof a tan from this mind. I was thinking a combination of orange and white. Maybe I should base her/him/it/them off a .hack character.

EDIT: Does it matter which since there is OS, MINE and PORTABLE.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I think using a .hack-style base or aesthetic might be cool, but above all it should probably be OS-tan style. For inspiration (if you want any), I'd imagine Alti-tan would be nee-san-ish with an orange (gold?) and white color scheme like you said. You have a lot of existing geometry in the desktop you could work into her costume. There's the Altimit icon, which looks like a super recycling logo (In the middle of "Altimit"). The pattern in the default bg (where the color scheme is coming from) could be worked into coattails, hairstyle, a mask, pockets, or all whatever you want. Same thing with the desktop icons, at least the neat-looking ones. Most OS-tans have some random costume accessory like a scarf or something, maybe she has an FMD? Like, put up above her eyes like sunglasses? Hell, maybe even as a headband. Personality-wise, remember that in relation to the existing OS-tans, she is the serious business one that's immune to viruses. You could also give her Multi-chan ears, since Alti sounds like Multi. Windows Server's OS-tan was a giant pun anyway...

Mine-tan and Poru-tan would be Alti-tan's younger sisters, since they're newer and both run on mobile systems. I'm not into that sort of thing, though, so I vote Alti-tan. If you want any more ideas, just ask, otherwise I'll shut up.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

I don't mind. Never drawn a tan before so any ideas are useful. Please continue if you have any more.
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

I don't have a lot of ideas but I personally like subtle things like if you used the Altimit brackets (ya know these [ ] from the logo) as hairpins or maybe earrings.
Or maybe the fancy A (without the middle bar that looks like an upside down V) as a zipper handle or something else small but noticeable.
Definitely agree on incorporating something about it's high stability and virus immunity.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Thanks. I have some ideas done for the face. Does anyone have any suggestions for incorporating the portal image from the original.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

I could try and do a full-body sketch, but it might turn out a little differently to how everyone seems to be envisioning it >_>'...

@|<!73- wish I did... but if I think on it for long enough, something's bound to surface.
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

Sure draw it however you like. I don't want to stifle creativity the things in here are just suggestions.
|<!73 wrote:Does anyone have any suggestions for incorporating the portal image from the original.
LOL a mouth that devours things like kirby?
I dunno... it's hard to incorporate something animated like that into an outfit.
at least, I wouldn't know how.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Er, what do you mean by "portal image"? The logo pic I linked to?
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

I'm pretty sure he means this:
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

that could probably be on her shirt '_'...
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Thanks. Yeah it was the image above. Anyway I found an idea to use for the gif. Suggestions are appreciated as always.
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

I guess I don't really know if this applies to ALTIMIT as much as just .hack in general but, I kinda pictured her with a hexagon design on her clothing.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

N3IWVC wrote:I guess I don't really know if this applies to ALTIMIT as much as just .hack in general but, I kinda pictured her with a hexagon design on her clothing.
!

She could have a pony tail with a hairband shaped like the IMOQ Bracelet!