My Cosplay Debut

Post original art and .hack fanart here. Submit fanart to fanart@dothackers.net

Moderator: Moderators

_Tri-edge_

My Cosplay Debut

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Well, it was my first time, and on top of that I had to rush. Anyways, this was taken three days ago at the Shibuya district. I had about one hour until classes resumed, so I decided to test out my newly purchased Azure Kite cosplay. It wasn't a bad price either, cost about 2200 yen. Well, opinions would be appreciated, good or bad.
Tri-edgeXHaseo fan

Re: My Cosplay Debut

Post by Tri-edgeXHaseo fan »

Wow, that's really pretty. Awesome cosplay you have here.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

Looks awesome, only thing is....it's too bright for Azure kite, but you have an awesome cosplay, and a pretty awesome camera at it, I like the way the pic was taken
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Whoa, pretty cool.

Wait, I'm confused as to how it only cost 2200 yen. Did you make it, did you buy it, or did you pay someone to steal it? If you bought it, I need a main street and directions... And Haseo{Terror of Death} is right, it's totally taken Japanese-cosplay-picture-style...

Are you gonna be there in March? I'm going to "Urban Development w/ Comike" up in Mito (near Tokyo), where the whole town is letting otaku take over for a day. You should totally wear that there...
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Kuukai wrote:Whoa, pretty cool.

Wait, I'm confused as to how it only cost 2200 yen. Did you make it, did you buy it, or did you pay someone to steal it? If you bought it, I need a main street and directions... And Haseo{Terror of Death} is right, it's totally taken Japanese-cosplay-picture-style...

Are you gonna be there in March? I'm going to "Urban Development w/ Comike" up in Mito (near Tokyo), where the whole town is letting otaku take over for a day. You should totally wear that there...
Well, I already had most of the material in order to produce this cosplay, but it was missing a few things, so I decided to go shopping. All in all, I spent 2200 yen, mainly for the hair and paint for the wave symbols. I wanted to make Empty Skies in order to go with the pic, but time was just not on my side. If you mean March of next year, then I guess. I'll still be in the country until my stuides are completed. As for wearing it there? Not a bad idea. That is, if I don't forget by that time.lol
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

So you did make it, and materials cost 2200? That's even more impressive...
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

ladies, gentlemen.. I think we've just found Tsugasa-Kun's Cosplay Successor!
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

nobodyknows wrote:ladies, gentlemen.. I think we've just found Tsugasa-Kun's Cosplay Successor!
XD... seriously though what kind of Camera did you use?
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Haseo{Terror of Death} wrote:
nobodyknows wrote:ladies, gentlemen.. I think we've just found Tsugasa-Kun's Cosplay Successor!
Nikon D80. Small, but extremely powerful.^^
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

_Tri-edge_ wrote:
Haseo{Terror of Death} wrote:
Nikon D80. Small, but extremely powerful.^^
Holy crap that's expensive! But I like the way it takes pics, heh, I'll see if I can get one and put up some of my cosplays XD(I don't know where to get wigs so I always have the same hair TT)
-Loveless-

Post by -Loveless- »

Ooh, so cool. I can't really say much about it. Just that it is just really really awesome.
fepkk

Post by fepkk »

Oh, great cosplay. It is really detailed and well done. Nice.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

Wow thats awsome!
Tsugasa-kun

Post by Tsugasa-kun »

lol that's an awesome azure kite cosplay but i'm just a bit skeptic as I've seen that picture before on cosplay.com and cure years ago, at least i could have sworn. and for 2200 yen? Isn't that roughly 20 bucks. 20 bucks for ALL that material, a wig, and paint? I need to know where you shop!

And who did you buy the costume from? I wonder if they make other costumes.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:Anyways, this was taken three days ago at the Shibuya district.
If your picture was taken 3 days ago in Shibuya district back in May 16 2009, then why is it I have the same cosplayer and design at the same location picture taken on March 26 2008? The image has been in my gallery here.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

Insydius wrote:
_Tri-edge_ wrote:Anyways, this was taken three days ago at the Shibuya district.
If your picture was taken 3 days ago in Shibuya district back in May 16 2009, then why is it I have the same cosplayer and design at the same location picture taken on March 26 2008? The image has been in my gallery here.
That image looks shopped. I can tell from the pixels and having seen quite a few shops in my time...

jk, but seriously, those pictures are pretty dang similar D:
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

That's because _Tri-edge_ should have put up the actual date, otherwise he screws up his own info, or at least that's what I'm implying. He previously posted this cosplay a year ago in March on another .hack fan site, which is now currently dead due to server issues, at least that's where I saw it for the first time. According to the description he made in that cosplay, He meant to say three days ago at THAT particular time period. However, he didn't type the actual date in this one. Weither he wanted to or not is on him, but that's from the info I know. As to when the cosplay was actually taken is unknown for me.
Tsugasa-kun

Post by Tsugasa-kun »

Advent_Winter wrote:That's because _Tri-edge_ should have put up the actual date, otherwise he screws up his own info, or at least that's what I'm implying. He previously posted this cosplay a year ago in March on another .hack fan site, which is now currently dead due to server issues, at least that's where I saw it for the first time. According to the description he made in that cosplay, He meant to say three days ago at THAT particular time period. However, he didn't type the actual date in this one. Weither he wanted to or not is on him, but that's from the info I know. As to when the cosplay was actually taken is unknown for me.
Regardless though It's not him, i found the same cosplayers profile on Cure, a japanese cosplay website, same person, same features, etc. Taking photos in that same area, 2 years ago. It's pretty obvious that the person in Tri_Edge's post isn't actually him :/

http://en.curecos.com/picture/detail?id=4538913
http://en.curecos.com/picture/detail?id=4545323
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

They hardly look a like forsize if this pic. belonged to that person I'm sure it would of been in there gallery