The World R:1 3D

Post original art and .hack fanart here. Submit fanart to fanart@dothackers.net

Moderator: Moderators

danboodro

The World R:1 3D

Post by danboodro »

Hello everyone!
I've got some great fan art I've been working on for the past couple weeks. It's starting to turn out pretty damn good so far, but I need some more input. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L1YMv3sM-I&fmt=18 - This is the latest video with a little fun happy music :D
http://www.vimeo.com/theworld - This is the latest video and the older ones throughout my development

All I'm looking for is your thoughts and a little input on what you think I could do to make it better. As of now, it's just a direct copy, but once I finish it up some more, I'll be improving the models and texture quality to give it a more next-gen feel.

Thanks for checkin it out!

-Dan Boudreau-
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Re: The World R:1 3D

Post by Gemcrim »

I like the way this looks and am curious to see what Mac Anu would look like at different times of the day. But what has me more interested is how you will replicate the other servers, and if you attempt to do so with the Omega server's original form.
S. [Burned] Y.

Post by S. [Burned] Y. »

IMO the Omega should look like something you see in a Buddhist village, simply because that's what I've always felt the game imply.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

How did you make it?
AzureOrca

Post by AzureOrca »

Under one of his video he says he uses Torque Game Engine Advanced.
I looked it up and it is a big stack of bills lol
Hope that awnsers you Keyaki?
Last edited by AzureOrca on Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pic0o

Post by Pic0o »

Looks Good, just keep in mind you might be setting up for some Legal Battle, as I dunno how protected the IP is, or if you have any contracts with them or anything. The biggest mod I remember that got bit by this, was an Old Q3 Mod: Bid for Power, modeled off DBZ, before the chain of games were out.

I do enjoy the Render, it looks great. Keep up the sweet work and keep us updated. ;)
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

AzureOrca wrote:Under one of his video he says he uses Torque Game Engine Advanced.
I looked it up and it is a big stack of bills lol
Hope that awnsers you Keyaki?
thx, i didn't see that
Aldotsk

Post by Aldotsk »

I am a Digital Art/Computer Art major, and I've have to say, you did put a lot of effort into it. And definitely not drawn from original .hack graphic either, I can see some changes and graphic changes etc. Well done
Kerath

Post by Kerath »

wow, I must say, this looks really promising. Keep up the good work.
danboodro

Post by danboodro »

Well, I'm glad I got a couple responses from you guys.

Starting with the first response;

Mac Anu looks awesome at night especially with the oil lamps lit up.

As far as the other servers, I will be replicating the ORIGINAL untouched forms of the root towns. I have plenty of artist's renditions and images from CC2 to go by.

As Azure Orca stated, I am using a game engine called Torque Game Engine Advanced, which is about $295 for indie developers and $1495 for commercial developers. The main difference between the two, is based on how much money you expect to make from selling the game.

I'm sure I'll run into legal issues later on, in which I would just halt the project, or negotiate with CC2 to get some official support for the project and make it even better. The biggestr legal issue that I would probably have with them as of now is that I am using the original textures for the models in the game. So rather than replicating them myself, I'm using the exact one's that they made for the game. I pulled them straight from the game with the help of a programmer I'm friends with overseas.

As of now, EVERYTHING is EXACTLY the same as in the game. The size of all the models, the textures, just about EVERYTHING, except obviously the skies, shadows, lighting, etc.

Glad I got the attention of a few. I'm still working on this, just not as much as I would like to be lately. Take care everyone!
eaglesiegle

Post by eaglesiegle »

That looks awesome! I think you should add some original things to it like new streets, shops and buildings.
SINSTAR

Post by SINSTAR »

eaglesiegle wrote:That looks awesome! I think you should add some original things to it like new streets, shops and buildings.
Yeah I was sorta thinkin' the same thing. Everything looks fantastic so far though.
I can't wait for when you make the other servers. Good luck! =)
Mirus

Post by Mirus »

You, Dan Boudreau, have made my day !
This is great and I have to ask, are you any good at character graphics?
The one you where using wasent really my taste,but you've made me so happy.

Alot of <3s to you !
twinbladePker

Post by twinbladePker »

Thats pretty cool :)
I look foward to seeing replicas of the other root towns.