23%
No.
54%

Total votes: 13

///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317

FF-XI Online: Do I Even Have To Ask?

Post by ///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317 »

So, whos getting it?

Dispite the fact I am not a huge FF fan, this thing looks interesting...
OrangeSlice

Post by OrangeSlice »

waste of good money.
Mia

Post by Mia »

I'm..a little iffy with it,it does look very fun.But I dont like spending 12 dollars a month when I will probably will play it once or twice.
solarismagnum

Post by solarismagnum »

I'm a plot chaser, so .hack is the closest I'm going to get to MMORPGs. And I don't really want to spend all that money on setting up my PS2 to run it (There's no way on earth it'd work on my computer, that's for sure).
d5t

Re: FF-XI Online: Do I Even Have To Ask?

Post by d5t »

///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317 wrote:So, whos getting it?

Dispite the fact I am not a huge FF fan, this thing looks interesting...
I've had it since release date. It is by far the best MMORPG I've played. Yes, it kills everquest, and ragnarok. There's just so much to do, such a big game. What keeps me playing--->The community. It's worth your buy and monthly fee if you have a fairly new and powerful computer (Maybe that's why OrangeSlice hates FFXI :P ) and ofcourse a fan of the Final Fantasy series.
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

Most likely no.

A) I don't feel like paying $12.95 (or whatever the price is) per month to play it
B) If I were to buy it, I'd want the PS2 one, and that would take even more $
C) I don't like the idea of paying for a game that could potentially end some day compared to a $50 game that can last me for as long as the disc does
D) I wouldn't have as much time as I'd like to play it
chrissii

Post by chrissii »

well, i DID buy it, but it wouldn't run on my computer :cry: i was really sad. but, i played it one night at a friend's house and fell in love with it. the environment, the community... i dunno man, something about it really pulled me in. with any luck we'll be getting a new computer shortly after the holidays, and then i'll be able to play it endlessly :lol: just kidding. but, if we don't get a new computer, i'm not sure if i'll buy the PS2 version when it comes out... i'm undecided only because of all the extra peripherals and such. the expenses would really add up! the monthly fee doesn't bother me so much, simply because i know i'd play it fairly often, but the other stuff doesn't seem worth it when i can just use my DSL connection with the computer. :?
Orphen

Post by Orphen »

I'll get it with the PS2 HDD.
Kìte

Post by Kìte »

I don't think I will be getting it. Just like everyone else said...there are a lot better things that I could spend my money on.

I mean, I know that they have to charge a monthly fee to keep updating and everything like that, but I just don't personally feel that it is worth paying that much just for one game.

Especially since its been out for a year already in Japan and they will be at much higher levels than all of us. Its like starting out at a great disadvantage right from the get go.
Mia

Post by Mia »

Speaking of which..
here is a funny comic about the online game:

http://machall.com/index.php?strip_id=233
d5t

Post by d5t »

Mia wrote:Speaking of which..
here is a funny comic about the online game:

http://machall.com/index.php?strip_id=233
You won't get any of that comic unless you've played the game. locked