Windows 10

Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

zerokoolpsx

Windows 10

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Anyone upgraded yet? How is it compared to Windows 7??
zaseo

Re: Windows 10

Post by zaseo »

Faster. Takes best things from Windows 7 and 8. It does have privacy issues. It is best to take things like Wi fi sense off and look into other privacy settings. In terms of compatibility most if not all things should work when it comes to games. If something does not work I'm sure things shall get fixed soon. It is like a hybrid between a start menu and a tablet but done right. You can actually it like a tablet if you want. For people with dedicated GPUs for gaming you have Directx12 to look forward to(I don't have but a friend of mine does). For people with integrated GPUs games shall still run a bit better.

You can use a local account(what you're use to in Windows 7) or your Microsoft account as the user account(one of the options in 8 ). Me personally if you're not going be be using apps, connect Xbox, or smartphone I wouldn't use Microsoft account. It is more or less tied into everything with Windows by default if used.

There are some things that need to be worked on so it may be a good idea to wait. Also if you install you can always return back to your old operating system in the first 30 days(don't delete the recovery files).
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Solitaire is now freemium, with ads.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Minesweeper has 30 second ads unless you pay $1.49 a month or $10 a year. Privacy seems like an issue too since its gathering data on your computer habits and not just your browser. Hmmm, I might wait a bit before upgrading.....
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

zerokoolpsx wrote:Minesweeper has 30 second ads unless you pay $1.49 a month or $10 a year. Privacy seems like an issue too since its gathering data on your computer habits and not just your browser. Hmmm, I might wait a bit before upgrading.....
Well they have always collected data. They just collect more and are open about it now. The best to do is go to settings and then privacy. Literally pick no for everything. Also turn off Cortana. Best to just use a local account. Only reason I see anyone using a Microsoft account would be if they have Xbox or Windows phone. Even then you can still greatly stop them from collecting data by choosing no on privacy options. Sooner or later someone is going to find out how to disable Microsoft from gathering data through registry.

Things like media center and gadgets(did anyone ever use anyway) are gone but there are plenty of easy and free alternates. As for the games(solitaire, minesweeper, etc) I'm sure there is various ways to avoid the ads. I person could likely just install another app of the same game or something.