Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Everyone's been doing ok i believe... I'm not trying to spam or anything, just wanted to see how has everyone been and maybe turn this topic into a new "News" topic... We don't have one, do we?

I'm going to try and start... My mom works as a manager in a practimarket called Dia Dia and the goverment is trying to take over, so the situation is getting worst around all the country because the marketline takes a big part in food/first need resources commerce, so my mom is stressed as fudge as well as the country... And well, the president's a dumb person who doesn't know which cities are cities and not states... That also takes me to Obama who is... Trying to help us...? But the president takes it as a war taunt and insults Americans and Obama... Resulting in Venezuela being considered a country of ignorants, idiots, insolents, and much more...

Did i just say how the country's doing starting by my mom?... Anyways, i hope this can turn into a version of a school's newspaper with --not only personal-- but also a nation-wide news... And i hope we can share information that can actually help and not wind up censored...

Or closed by a moderator >.<
MizuTakishima

Re: .3.

Post by MizuTakishima »

Hmm, so this is like a "hey what's up with everyone?" kind of thread?

I guess I can roll with that!

Firstly I wanted to say how sorry I am to hear all of that D: I can't even imagine what it's like dealing with that kind of stuff...I wish there was a way I could actually do something to help!

As for me, not much has been going on at my end. It all falls under "omg that's so pointless who even cares?" and "wow that is deeply personal I don't think you should be sharing that on the internet", there's almost no in-between x_x
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Well, i am first glad that someone actuay replied! So it means the boards are at least still alive, somewhat. As for that, you don't really need to share information about yourself as i was planning to also post some of the problems that are around my environment--That should be interesting to the folks-- or any interesting fact really.

But i am still glad to have a person agree with this being positive!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

:/ from what I hear from my american friend and others there is many issues with the US,especially involving censorship. Hell I saw something the other day regarding an American flag being hung outside a flat in the US,they were told to take it down as it might offend Muslims >->

Also the threads may not be active but I constantly see people logging in and out @.@
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

I'm logged in almost every day, but I have nothing interesting to talk about, so... .3.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Ever just considered joining Steam? I see guys like Zaseo, ZerokoolPSX and Helbaworshipper there, unless for some reason your computer runs on Red Star OS(if you're reading this DPRK, get Steam support on your shitty OS), we mostly just play games an get each other games, just click my lower sig if you wanna have a look see, although I would highly advise at installing Steam itself to use its features more easily.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Well, first of all i don't own a working PC... So that could wait until i get a new one or fix my old Pentium 4(And buy new parts to help granting it's wish to become a Frankenstein), THEN i would start thinking about those... And before i am slapped with a most certainly "Download Steam for Android/iOS" i own a Windows Phone...

As for a change of subject, there has been more tolerance to homo/pan/sexual persons at my school and community itself... I am thinking of--Not caring about what my parents/friends/people who read this-- Starting a hormone treatment... As for my reasons why, they're pretty selfish and stupid yet straight(Ironically) i am somewhat feminine in looks and already in personality... I wanted to have a more feminine body just for my own selfishness...

And no, i'm not planning to place my body under any operations.

As for my neighboorhood, school has been running low on resources and money... And they are asking the students to pay our own proyects and graduation, to organize everything by ourselves, and they said they wouldn't offer any help... Just give us our diplommas and leave the rest to us...

I am saddened by my school's negligence

Nothing to report on my daily life or about the country--Not that i know of-- But i would like to know about all of you people's countries, how are they running?
emptyazureskies

Post by emptyazureskies »

Oh god it's been 2 years since I logged in... I get bored sometimes and get on here to browse things... and look for new dot hack info.. which last I heard 3 new games were announced and all I see is project x zone 2.. let's see I been in a long term relationship that's kinda crazy.. I finally got a job for a few days.. forced moved back home.. forced move out of home.. job at Wal-Mart for about a year.. lost house.. forced move.. lost job at Wal-Mart due to bad transfer.. kicked out.. work in fast food now for almost a year.. May be getting another forced move..
Been helping my gf edit her dai fan fiction and I get 0 official credit.. had worked on finally writing a project that I wished would be turned into a rpg video game.. it is was called blu idea was you play as the male or female protagonist.. they are in love goal is to keep them together.. all characters are based on colors.. setting is in space/various planets.. main characters have ability to access to a state called blu... well think of it as star ocean meets mass effect kinda.. and thanks to the new DBZ movie and the super saiyan god super saiyan form which was to be that blu state... I'm probably forced to abandon this project.. well I built a few gunpla.. that's something good...
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Been a while since I've been here...

Anyway. Short summary of everything that has happened recently:

-Finishing up my very first for-credit college course. It ends on the 14th, purportedly.
-Finances have been pretty tight lately, since mom is currently unemployed.
-Have to get a stomach test done after the semester's over. I got a new gastroenterologist, and he was concerned with the fact that it's been a while since my last endoscopy. (To give you an idea: the doctor that did the last one is dead now.)
-Very annoyed with the political situation in the United States. I'm sick of hearing about the pointless rioting in particular.
-Tales of Eternia. Which is, by the way, tied with Tales of Destiny 2 for my favorite in the series. It is an amazing and sorely underrated/underrepresented game. (Admittedly, part of the problem is that it came out near the end of the PS1's run... and then got a glitchy re-release on the PSP a while later.)

P.S.: When I say "Tales of Destiny 2", I refer to one of the numerous Tales games that was never released in the West. Not to be confused with "Tales of Destiny II", which was the name given to Tales of Eternia in its North American release due to copyright issues involving He-Man.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Been a while since I've been here...

-Finishing up my very first for-credit college course. It ends on the 14th, purportedly.
-Finances have been pretty tight lately, since mom is currently unemployed.
-Have to get a stomach test done after the semester's over. I got a new gastroenterologist, and he was concerned with the fact that it's been a while since my last endoscopy. (To give you an idea: the doctor that did the last one is dead now.)
-Very annoyed with the political situation in the United States. I'm sick of hearing about the pointless rioting in particular.
-Tales of Eternia. Which is, by the way, tied with Tales of Destiny 2 for my favorite in the series. It is an amazing and sorely underrated/underrepresented game. (Admittedly, part of the problem is that it came out near the end of the PS1's run... and then got a glitchy re-release on the PSP a while later.)

P.S.: When I say "Tales of Destiny 2", I refer to one of the numerous Tales games that was never released in the West. Not to be confused with "Tales of Destiny II", which was the name given to Tales of Eternia in its North American release due to copyright issues involving He-Man.
Good luck with your college course,just a week left and hope everything is in order when you see your gastroenterologist d(@.@)

:/ I did not know that about Tales, couldn't they think of a different name as to not confuse fans or people looking to play the games.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

SSJScygoku wrote::/ I did not know that about Tales, couldn't they think of a different name as to not confuse fans or people looking to play the games.
Most of the awesome games japan brings to life are drained when they get translated. They lose at least 20% of their original glory, hell even Saint Seiya The Hades was better in the Japan version(With the Gold armors for the bronze knights and all). Let it be the name, a secret chapter or the whole story... The USA and Europe version isn't just translated, it is also edited, cutted, and heavily censored in some cases to avoid 'Troubles'...

One more reason to start studying Japanese...
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

AZURE-KITE wrote:
SSJScygoku wrote::/ I did not know that about Tales, couldn't they think of a different name as to not confuse fans or people looking to play the games.
Most of the awesome games japan brings to life are drained when they get translated. They lose at least 20% of their original glory, hell even Saint Seiya The Hades was better in the Japan version(With the Gold armors for the bronze knights and all). Let it be the name, a secret chapter or the whole story... The USA and Europe version isn't just translated, it is also edited, cutted, and heavily censored in some cases to avoid 'Troubles'...

One more reason to start studying Japanese...
I'd imagine thats why people either import the Japanese game and/or use torrents with translation patches to play the game in english (assuming they exist) or happen to know japanese. :/ how I detest censorship,its okay to show so much violence/gore/crime in games but then they just have to alter stupid things to not cause an issue or needing to incrase the age rating. Not that age ratings even matter, underagers always find a way to play them.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I think that in the case of the Tales series, it's not so much a case of bad translations (there have been a few, but most of them are pretty accurate) as it is the fact that the games just aren't consistently localized. The localization of Tales of Hearts R was the result of a struggle by fans, and it still ended up being shoddy because the devs didn't want to put a proper localization budget into a game that they didn't think would sell well. (Ironically, this resulted in the localization drawing the ire of the very fans who screamed for it... buuut let's not go there.)

Most of the best games in the series weren't localized in the West. And even for the ones that did get localized, there were often caveats. Eternia's localization removed all of its skits (some of which were actually pretty crucial to character development), and Vesperia's updated PS3 re-release wasn't localized, just the "prototype" version on the Xbox 360.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Most of the best games in the series weren't localized in the West. And even for the ones that did get localized, there were often caveats. Eternia's localization removed all of its skits (some of which were actually pretty crucial to character development), and Vesperia's updated PS3 re-release wasn't localized, just the "prototype" version on the Xbox 360.
:/ yeah that sucked about Vesperia, thought they would've released the extra as DLC or just used the complete game. Atleast they licensed more Tales of after that but Vesperia missed so much content and speaking of DLC Tales of Graces didn't get Haseo's Xth form outfit .-.

I recall the Tales of campaign that was happening around the same time as the .hack//LINK US , they were very vocal @.@
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Eeeugh, don't get me started on the lack of cameo outfits in Tales of Graces. I *loved* Asbel's Haseo outfit, and it annoys me that he didn't get it in the localization...
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

Huh, I didn't know dothackers had a steam group. I went ahead and joined! Though I don't actually sign on it all that often.

I guess I should talk a little about myself in terms of what I've been doing lately, since I joined the forums ages ago but don't quite sign on as much as I used to:
  • -got super into Hetalia (as my signature probably alludes to)
    -got super into My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (though I'd rather not label myself a Brony/Pegasister because I can't stand Brony culture, it's effing gross man)
    -Now I'm currently into Steven Universe (like whoa I love it so much what the heck)
I also joined other fandoms in-between (Dangan Ronpa, Free!, just to name a few) Also been watching a butt-ton of anime and various people on youtube.

I know that sounds like I haven't been doing as much, but I've been in each of these fandoms for several years at a time, so I've seen all kinds of crazy internet drama during my time away from these forums.

Incidentally, when I "first" left the forums, it was because I embarrassed myself over something (that I won't bring up here haha) so I wound up never signing back on until years later, around the time I gave myself the hetalia signature and stuff.

Oh! I also moderate a semi-active forum at Legends of Equestria. Basically it's a fan made 3D MMO game about horses and of course it has its own forum.

I also dabbled into quite a few MMO's over the years and only recently started getting into PC gaming (though my PC is pretty low-end so it's more like "I had a crappy computer so I gave it its own graphics card! yay now I can actually run things!")
SSJScygoku wrote::/ from what I hear from my american friend and others there is many issues with the US,especially involving censorship. Hell I saw something the other day regarding an American flag being hung outside a flat in the US,they were told to take it down as it might offend Muslims >->

Also the threads may not be active but I constantly see people logging in and out @.@
Hmm, I dunno about censorship. I do know that racism is escalating even further (or rather, hate crimes have been happening for ages but they're only just now starting to see the light of day) so I guess tensions are high?

Honestly I'd gladly give up my "free speech" if it would somehow prevent cops from killing black people all the dang time. (I know giving up free speech wouldn't help matters, just saying I care more about black lives than I do anything else right now)
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

MizuTakishima wrote: -Now I'm currently into Steven Universe (like whoa I love it so much what the heck)
Well well, another Steven Universe fan... I was kind of into it but since Lapis Lazuli appeared things have been getting more and more interesting, it just seems like the kind of series that will actually make sense and have a storyline unlike most Cartoon Network's series lately... (Except for Adventure Time, another series i follow)

As for me, i've been struggling with school and social life... Been taking pills for my anatomy(I believe i specified before at the RFs about YOU thread), i'm looking up Kendo schools near my place or at least state...

I wanna start practicing Kendo, i seriously need to have an official sword training and not just friends' games. Swords have facinated me since always.

I might start working as soon as i graduate(July, i'm in my last year as a... Highschooler?), i might also wait a year before i go to college.

Working also on my drawing skills, at the Roleplay section you can see my most recent drawing in the first page of the RP "Bloodborne: The RP"...

Well, that sums it up i think.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

MizuTakishima wrote:I also dabbled into quite a few MMO's over the years and only recently started getting into PC gaming (though my PC is pretty low-end so it's more like "I had a crappy computer so I gave it its own graphics card! yay now I can actually run things!")

Hmm, I dunno about censorship. I do know that racism is escalating even further (or rather, hate crimes have been happening for ages but they're only just now starting to see the light of day) so I guess tensions are high?

Honestly I'd gladly give up my "free speech" if it would somehow prevent cops from killing black people all the dang time. (I know giving up free speech wouldn't help matters, just saying I care more about black lives than I do anything else right now)
Have you tried any new MMOs with the new graphics card? ^_^

Or was kept on the low so racism isn't shown to be too high but guess that only works for so long before all number of incidents reaches the light of day.
>.> if only everyone else shared your views on saving lives, though you would need "free speech" in order to speak out.
GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Eeeugh, don't get me started on the lack of cameo outfits in Tales of Graces. I *loved* Asbel's Haseo outfit, and it annoys me that he didn't get it in the localization...
.-. it was one of my main incentives to buying Tales of Graces F,what made it worse was they had so many outfits I don't see the issue of including afew extra.