Weird Forum Glitch?

Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

MizuTakishima

Weird Forum Glitch?

Post by MizuTakishima »

I didn't know where else to post this, so forgive me if I'm doing this in the wrong place.

Y'know how when you go to the forum index, you get a list of the 3 major subforums? (Root Town Chat, .hack Games, and .hack Anime, Games & Novels)

Well, if you tried clicking on the subforums themselves (example: Root Town Chat) you get this image

I don't know if it can be fixed, but I did get a little giggle out of it because it looked like we had been "hacked" or something :lol:
zerokoolpsx

Re: Weird Forum Glitch?

Post by zerokoolpsx »

I'm seeing the same thing for months. Tried different browsers, still get those errors in php.
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

Weird...do the admins know about it? Who all usually maintains the forums?

Sorry for all the questions, I haven't been to dothackers in a few years so I'm not sure who all is doing what.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

I've being seeing this for quite some time aswell, wasn't sure if they planned to fix the issue or not but the forum is still accessible atleast ^_^
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

SSJScygoku wrote:I've being seeing this for quite some time aswell, wasn't sure if they planned to fix the issue or not but the forum is still accessible atleast ^_^
That's true, at least that hasn't changed :)

Hey I see we registered to the forums the same year :D /offtopic
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

MizuTakishima wrote:That's true, at least that hasn't changed :)

Hey I see we registered to the forums the same year :D /offtopic
:D long live the forums, inactive as they may be lol

^^' I did register with a different account earlier but hadn't posted then lost access to the email so made this one. This was the original http://www.dothackers.net/forums/member ... ile&u=1073 xD
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

I've seen the glitch, however I'm more of an administrator for bots and security as well as account management. I do not have the access to the physical site files as I believe this to be simply a file error and not a database issue. This can either be fixed by replacing the original files with a new fresh batch or even in an update. But again, I lack the ability to do so and I apologize to anyone this may inconvenience. The site still functions around it, just the stylesheet breaks because of this issue.

As for your two accounts SSJScygoku, I could happily assist in restoring your old account ever if you like. Administrators have the power to change peoples emails if they need access back to their accounts, in the event one looses said email account.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Erroneous wrote: As for your two accounts SSJScygoku, I could happily assist in restoring your old account ever if you like. Administrators have the power to change peoples emails if they need access back to their accounts, in the event one looses said email account.
Thanks for the offer but I didn't have a single post on the other account, so I'd rather just stick with this one since i've made use of it already ^_^
d5t

Post by d5t »

Upgrading the message board was a huge pain in the ass a few months ago. These errors can kiss my ass until it's absolutely necessary to fix them. My patience has grown thin, message board gods.

As others have said - everything else works fine, just click on the sub-forums on the main page and you're good to go.
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

d5t wrote:Upgrading the message board was a huge pain in the ass a few months ago. These errors can kiss my ass until it's absolutely necessary to fix them. My patience has grown thin, message board gods.

As others have said - everything else works fine, just click on the sub-forums on the main page and you're good to go.
Ohh okay. I'm sorry to hear about the huge pain though!

Just figured I'd bring them up on the off-chance that perhaps they haven't been mentioned before :)
d5t

Post by d5t »

MizuTakishima wrote:
d5t wrote:Upgrading the message board was a huge pain in the ass a few months ago. These errors can kiss my ass until it's absolutely necessary to fix them. My patience has grown thin, message board gods.

Ohh okay. I'm sorry to hear about the huge pain though!

Just figured I'd bring them up on the off-chance that perhaps they haven't been mentioned before :)
No worries - if you see any other weirdness, don't hesitate to post.