Guns are cool

Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

zaseo

Guns are cool

Post by zaseo »

Guns are awesome. Someday I would like to get a fire arm for protection. I'm not exactly sure that I would be able to shoot something heavier without dislocating my arm or flying back but handguns like a M1911 or a Glock would be cool to have. It also be cool to have something that shoots hollow point rounds.

So what are your favorite guns? Discuss.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Guns are cool

Post by TheSorrow »

One that kills o3o

Because of the city and the conditions i live in, i've REALLY wanted to get a gun for self-defense, small enough to carry with me at all times and easily ready to shoot, yet without screaming "HEY EVERYONE I HAVE A GUN LOOK AT IT" or make much of a mess when the time comes for me to use it. I don't know if they exist for real, but one of those guns with built-in supressors that use pistons and shitz to shoot rather than powder would be PERFECT for me. Round size wouldn't be a problem; i'm not asking for a shootout, just something to scare assaulters, or kill/incapacitate them while i GTFO. I've also been eyeing this one gun ever since it was used in Person of Interest: perfect enough for my needs too, and even kind of cute o3o

Also, it's always been a wish of mine to get a sniper rifle, and to ACTUALLY learn how to snipe, the real thing that could be used for hunting or sport or dirty CIA missions, not just quick-scoping noobs in CoD. Though at this point, maybe that won't ever happen unless i'm 30 and i'm suddenly in the right place at the right time, but it's still something i'd love to have and learn once in my life XD
BrinODea

Post by BrinODea »

zaseo wrote:Guns are awesome. Someday I would like to get a fire arm for protection. I'm not exactly sure that I would be able to shoot something heavier without dislocating my arm or flying back but handguns like a M1911 or a Glock would be cool to have. It also be cool to have something that shoots hollow point rounds.

M1911 are good guns, but don't get a Glock, or at least a plastic one. Just way too much risk, as they have a tendency to exploded, especially with P+ or rounds that you want to actually have range and power with. Hollow points are avaliable in about every round but they are only good for killing people. As for heavier, look for .308, .30 06, .30 or something a bit more "Mid caliber" as these rifles typically don't have too bad of a kick. Handguns will are far more likely to break your wrist, as the kick from a short barely has a much different velocity and so on. Anyways, let me know if you get anything in the near future!
TheSorrow wrote:One that kills o3o

Because of the city and the conditions i live in, i've REALLY wanted to get a gun for self-defense, small enough to carry with me at all times and easily ready to shoot, yet without screaming "HEY EVERYONE I HAVE A GUN LOOK AT IT" or make much of a mess when the time comes for me to use it. I don't know if they exist for real, but one of those guns with built-in supressors that use pistons and shitz to shoot rather than powder would be PERFECT for me. Round size wouldn't be a problem; i'm not asking for a shootout, just something to scare assaulters, or kill/incapacitate them while i GTFO. I've also been eyeing this one gun ever since it was used in Person of Interest: perfect enough for my needs too, and even kind of cute o3o

Also, it's always been a wish of mine to get a sniper rifle, and to ACTUALLY learn how to snipe, the real thing that could be used for hunting or sport or dirty CIA missions, not just quick-scoping noobs in CoD. Though at this point, maybe that won't ever happen unless i'm 30 and i'm suddenly in the right place at the right time, but it's still something i'd love to have and learn once in my life XD
Sniping is easy, especially with all the different scope options, its all just a matter of judging distance and wind. As for self defense, smaller guns, like a 9mm are typically louder jus for that reason, to scare. A deranger is nice, but be prepared to kill, as they typically hold shotgun rounds, but are only good for a distance of no more than 20 feet or so.

As for me, I have a few guns, such as a Smith and Wessen .357, great revolver, along with an M1 Garand, love shooting it when I can, but requires military grade rounds, which are now virutally impossible to get...
Shooting is actually very relaxing, but way to expensive... Theres nothing like hitting a target 100 yards out or so with my revolver and the guys next to me cant hit a target 25 feet away with an AR 14 or one of their "modded" guns.
However, a gun that I am determine to get is a Neostead 2000. Top loading shotgun with TWO loading barrels, for 12 rounds or so total. Would be great for Bear country, as one side can have buck and the other can have slugs.
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

Sniping is not the best for me. I tried, :(. But I am good with handguns though.
I went shooting with my grandfather 2 days before christmas, so I would call that one of my gifts.
But I think handguns are cool, not like the giants of a sniper on you and when you shoot, you'll get a dead shoulder and blink from your target. But hell, I might get a sniper, cuz I got a bull'seye. That wasn't tough luck though. I shot a few times one day in Lake Havasue. I was ok.
But my main reason is; I like handguns, cuz they are portable, easy to hide and fling out when you need protection, and nice fast motion stock of bullets. I need to work on how to load them in the clips right, so that I won't have hurt fingers before I shoot.

My personal favorite is the M1911 colt pistols. I want two of them with custom built, like Dante from DMC games. XP. Comments about that?
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

BrinODea wrote:
zaseo wrote:Guns are awesome. Someday I would like to get a fire arm for protection. I'm not exactly sure that I would be able to shoot something heavier without dislocating my arm or flying back but handguns like a M1911 or a Glock would be cool to have. It also be cool to have something that shoots hollow point rounds.

M1911 are good guns, but don't get a Glock, or at least a plastic one. Just way too much risk, as they have a tendency to exploded, especially with P+ or rounds that you want to actually have range and power with. Hollow points are avaliable in about every round but they are only good for killing people. As for heavier, look for .308, .30 06, .30 or something a bit more "Mid caliber" as these rifles typically don't have too bad of a kick. Handguns will are far more likely to break your wrist, as the kick from a short barely has a much different velocity and so on. Anyways, let me know if you get anything in the near future!
TheSorrow wrote:One that kills o3o

Sniping is easy, especially with all the different scope options, its all just a matter of judging distance and wind. As for self defense, smaller guns, like a 9mm are typically louder jus for that reason, to scare. A deranger is nice, but be prepared to kill, as they typically hold shotgun rounds, but are only good for a distance of no more than 20 feet or so.

As for me, I have a few guns, such as a Smith and Wessen .357, great revolver, along with an M1 Garand, love shooting it when I can, but requires military grade rounds, which are now virutally impossible to get...
Shooting is actually very relaxing, but way to expensive... Theres nothing like hitting a target 100 yards out or so with my revolver and the guys next to me cant hit a target 25 feet away with an AR 14 or one of their "modded" guns.
However, a gun that I am determine to get is a Neostead 2000. Top loading shotgun with TWO loading barrels, for 12 rounds or so total. Would be great for Bear country, as one side can have buck and the other can have slugs.

Yeah it I take a gun out I should shoot with the intent to kill in most cases. Anything would work for me as long as a small person like myself can shoot it. Maybe a SMG could be something that I could use.
BrinODea

Post by BrinODea »

zaseo wrote:
Yeah it I take a gun out I should shoot with the intent to kill in most cases. Anything would work for me as long as a small person like myself can shoot it. Maybe a SMG could be something that I could use.
Just remember that please.
I would see if there is a gun range near you that has classes along with gun rentals so you can at least get a taste for how different guns shoot. Every gun is different and also, if/when you get a gun, make sure you get familiar with it. Guns are like cars, there maybe hundreds of the same type, model, etc, but each handles just slightly different from each other, no matter how identical they are made.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

I see. By the way I'm curious does "Stopping Power" actually exist or is it a myth?
BrinODea

Post by BrinODea »

zaseo wrote:I see. By the way I'm curious does "Stopping Power" actually exist or is it a myth?
Yes it does, but not so much with humans per say then something bigger, like lions and tigers and bears.
Stopping power all depends on what you're using. .22, basically a step up from a BB gun, can kill, but you need to be close, accurate and so on, but they have little to no stopping power. 9mm and the "rare" 10mm have a good kick and are designed for stopping/killing a person so they can knock someone down. Going up to .357, .44 etc, those are much bigger rounds and can easily stop a human, but can also go though them and hit people behind that and so on. Basically if you want defense with stopping power, a hollow point 9 mm is a better way to go because it won't through the person you shoot, or a wall if you miss, but it can easily bring even the biggest person down.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

BrinODea wrote:
zaseo wrote:I see. By the way I'm curious does "Stopping Power" actually exist or is it a myth?
Yes it does, but not so much with humans per say then something bigger, like lions and tigers and bears.
Stopping power all depends on what you're using. .22, basically a step up from a BB gun, can kill, but you need to be close, accurate and so on, but they have little to no stopping power. 9mm and the "rare" 10mm have a good kick and are designed for stopping/killing a person so they can knock someone down. Going up to .357, .44 etc, those are much bigger rounds and can easily stop a human, but can also go though them and hit people behind that and so on. Basically if you want defense with stopping power, a hollow point 9 mm is a better way to go because it won't through the person you shoot, or a wall if you miss, but it can easily bring even the biggest person down.
That makes sense. I guess one could say that they shouldn't rely solely on stopping power. Sometimes it might take more hits or maybe the aggressor is determined.
BrinODea

Post by BrinODea »

zaseo wrote:
That makes sense. I guess one could say that they shouldn't rely solely on stopping power. Sometimes it might take more hits or maybe the aggressor is determined.
Like I said, 9mm will usually do the job. The biggest issue you face is, is the person sober or drunk/high? This can lead to them not feeling any pain and also having a more lucid body so when they are hit, even a bigger round won't knock them as hard. In a worse case scenario, if you want to shoot a "determined" someone without killing them, hit the knees. Can't move if their legs don't work properly.
You also need to be able to handle the gun. Just because a gun is small doesn't mean that the kick will be less. Just because a bigger gun has a bigger round doesn't much in terms of kick. Usually for handguns, heavier hands can have less kick as the weight of the gun can take more of the force. I've shot a 9mm gun that was small enough to fit in my hand and it had way more kick compared to shooting a .357 or .44 magnum round from a much heavier revolver.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Hm I should consider foregrips or something. I'm not the strongest person so I would need something easy to handle.
BrinODea

Post by BrinODea »

zaseo wrote:Hm I should consider foregrips or something. I'm not the strongest person so I would need something easy to handle.
Yeah, just honestly like I said before, look up your local gun clubs, ranges etc... And go to one of them because their are people with a lot more experience then me and they can also help you find the right gun. Even if you get one for defense, you need to learn how to shoot, clean and maintain it, because like cars, some guns do need a little more use than just grab and go, plus it also helps you to understand it better. A gun and the user (a weird as it may seem) need to be in-sync together, and you MUST ALWAYS respect it! Treating at anything else other than a TOOL (not weapon) for defense can lead you to shooting yourself in the foot.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

BTW does anyone watch FPSRussia. He does awesome stuff with guns?
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

My preference is a Walther P99 AS 9mm.
-It's small compared to other 9mm pistols.
-Reliable, jamming very rarely.
-No safety, so it's ready to go immediately.
-Easy to clean and reassemble.
-Custom grips are more comfortable.
-Feels more solid than other 9mm I've fired.

The only downside is that any attachment you want needs to be bought from Walther, since it has a non-standard rail.