The Dating Market

Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

zaseo

The Dating Market

Post by zaseo »

For as long as time(1000s of years or millions depending on beliefs) there have always been a dating/sexual market. Traditional values always have this hierarchy

Alpha males at the top
Betas males in the middle
Omegas, or others at the bottom

The Alpha male would be the guy who would get laid and often have many offspring. Beta males are the commoners and usually have offspring. The rest likely would care for more traditional roles. Males sexual market value goes up as they get older and get more resources. This allows betas males a change to settle down and reproduce(at least starting around 30s these days). Then again there is the phrase Alphas F***, Betas pay.

So what would happen if males were to reject the traditional hierarchy. Plenty of examples of this
http://www.japantoday.com/category/life ... chelorhood

Maybe things might become were mostly Alpha males are reproducing. Many suggest during certain eras only 40% of males reproduce. They would have to be Alpha
http://www.psy.fsu.edu/~baumeistertice/goodaboutmen.htm

As for myself in this hierarchy I'm far from Alpha male. Chances of getting into marriage/kids at least right now are extremely small. Just going to live to sustain myself. Still observing the dating market is inserting. What do you think?
SCP-173

Re: The Dating Market

Post by SCP-173 »

I don't want to be an alpha male. I hate taking care of kids. And a woman nagging me 24|7. Does anyone else agree?
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

SCP-173 wrote:I don't want to be an alpha male. I hate taking care of kids. And a woman nagging me 24|7. Does anyone else agree?
That is a stereo typical sexist comment. Men whine, complain, nagg, etc just as much as woman do (Unless you're dating a bitchy bimbo whore).

Edit: The Alpha men of today are mostly players play it safe and only have one night stands. Do you really think they want kids?

I've always found it a little hard relating men to a hierarchy since humans way of thinking is different then an animals. Then again when you think about it you can catagoriize it like this. Popular people, normal people, the losers in life.
SCP-173

Post by SCP-173 »

Shugo I didn't say wemen are bitchy I said I don't want be with someone 24|7 I like to have time to myself some times. And marriege makes that difficult I would know. My roommate is married and I hear all his problems. She's nice. But he says he fells like a child heing taken care of all the time.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

You said it in an offensive way. Not all women are like that and really we feel the same way. I get some crap from my boyfriend sometimes. Generally when you're married yo both or at least one of you has a job and that gives you some time apart. Although, if your friend really feels like that's a problem that's going to forever bug him then he needs to sit down with her and talk things out.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

I'm just going to do what many Japanese males are doing. Leaving the sexual market. Soshokukei Danshi/grass eating men. I only have reason to produce to sustain for myself. Since I'm only producing for myself I would only need to make 25% of what the average guy with a kid and wife would have to live.

As for others the more males not in the market the more Alphas, or any guy seeking relationships can have an open season market with women.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

SCP-173 wrote:I don't want to be an alpha male. I hate taking care of kids. And a woman nagging me 24|7. Does anyone else agree?
Not exactly, in fact, all the opposite.

As a common guy, i don't like kids but if i would have to be a dad, well with all the pleasure in the world i would raise him/her to be better than i ever was.

As for the woman nagging, i like it, it means they care and it is always good to have her by your side, being she the one who makes you smile at the end of the day, the one who with a smile will make your worries go away. But most important, she is the one who remembers you who you are and who you should be, the one putting limits, the one saving you from your troubles(And i mean, like depression), the one who you feel like you must protect, the one and most delicate human--including your child-- that you would just give your life for.

The one who, when she cries, you feel like kissing her forehead, hugging her and telling her "I'm here for you"-- That girl, who makes you feel special-- and the most fortunate guy in the world.

And that is why, i consider myself an Omega class guy.
SCP-173

Post by SCP-173 »

I once had someone I loved more than anything. Then my mother makes me move. And I don't hear form her. I was so sad. Then 2 years later facebooks let's us communicate. Though she isn't online that much.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

AZURE-KITE wrote:
Not exactly, in fact, all the opposite.

As a common guy, i don't like kids but if i would have to be a dad, well with all the pleasure in the world i would raise him/her to be better than i ever was.

As for the woman nagging, i like it, it means they care and it is always good to have her by your side, being she the one who makes you smile at the end of the day, the one who with a smile will make your worries go away. But most important, she is the one who remembers you who you are and who you should be, the one putting limits, the one saving you from your troubles(And i mean, like depression), the one who you feel like you must protect, the one and most delicate human--including your child-- that you would just give your life for.

The one who, when she cries, you feel like kissing her forehead, hugging her and telling her "I'm here for you"-- That girl, who makes you feel special-- and the most fortunate guy in the world.

And that is why, i consider myself an Omega class guy.

I'd rather have someone there nagging me then being alone. Me and my bf nagg each other about things but it's only because we care about each others well being. Also, health researchers say that it's actually part of a healthy relationship.
I once had someone I loved more than anything. Then my mother makes me move. And I don't hear form her. I was so sad. Then 2 years later facebooks let's us communicate. Though she isn't online that much.
Facebook makes me depressed because I can see all my past friends and what they're doing in life and how they've moved on with their lives.
SCP-173

Post by SCP-173 »

Just remember that each and every member of this site including me is your friend. And be happy.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

I'm just gonna list examples of my experiences.

-Alpha males lately are those serial monogamists. They change girlfriends often, but are rarely without one.
-Beta males put their effort into one lasting relationship, usually involving serious feelings that can either lead to a deeper relationship, or more intense pain if the relationship ends.
-Omega males are like my buddy Mike. He's 28 years old, never lost his V-card, spends all his money on gadgets and videogames, refuses to go to bars, and basically only has contact with women though the internet or work (when he has a job). Despite all that he's actually really skinny instead of what people would usually think, that someone living like that must be a fat-ass.

I consider myself a Beta. I don't get into a relationship unless I think its going somewhere, and there is a unique feeling I get from people very rarely that lets me know when its time to take action.
Furie

Post by Furie »

I find it interesting that this is only about the males for the dating market. Actually, the topic usually is. So, what's the assumption about the hierarchy for women? Personally, I can't really think of one - as women are, regardless of their status, less likely to go unmated through life unless they choose to (although there are a few exceptions.) Or maybe a lot go unmated! But how often does one run across a woman who admits to having no or never having had a boyfriend?

Also, I agree with most everyone in the thread. Nagging is a sign of love. The partner wants the other to be the best they can be. Now, I agree it can get excessive, and the mood behind the nag matters more than the nag itself. Also, nagging could be a sign of a need of love. The nagged party needs to really consider what their partner is asking for- they may be nagging "you don't make enough home cooked meals" and really mean "I'm worried about our finances, please make more cost effective food at home rather than eating out" or "I really need you to comfort me" depending on the person. Taking the nag at face value may seem like an annoying complaint, but the deeper reason might actually be meaningful.

@OP may I ask how old you are? While I agree that only taking care of oneself seems awesome, and is a completely logical thing to do, there are a lot of people with a sort of instinct- usually called the biological clock- to reproduce. Usually, in males, this instinct to reproduce hits them when they're in their 30s. Heck, I knew guys in their midtwenties who broke up with their girlfriends because they wanted kids and the girlfriend didn't.
SCP-173

Post by SCP-173 »

@furie I know tthis is spam but I didn't get to say hi so. Welcome to .hacers.net.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Erranty wrote:-Omega males are like my buddy Mike. He's 28 years old, never lost his V-card, spends all his money on gadgets and videogames, refuses to go to bars, and basically only has contact with women though the internet or work (when he has a job). Despite all that he's actually really skinny instead of what people would usually think, that someone living like that must be a fat-ass.
TOTALLY SOUNDS LIKE ME, EVEN ON THE REALLY SKINNY PART!!! 8DDD ...Though i have a beer gut, which i refer to as a sexy muffin top u3u lol
That, and i go to bars ALL THE TIME, and overall parties and fun social stuff with my friends (i HATE those disco places though, and i prefer it much more to be with 4-5 friends drinking at some house or some nice and calm place), and while i might not talk to girls everyday i do hang out with several of them, and perhaps i can even be a bit flirtatious at points (mostly in big parties), but my V-card remains intact. Who knows if it'll stay that way until i'm 28, but i'm about to reach 23 so i'm not that far behind D: lol

Anyways, i don't think it's accurate to refer to people under such "hierarchy", in fact, it's only as accurate as any other stereotypes, such like that geeky guys would rather stay home playing some online game than go outside and be social. And sure, "geeky" guys might prefer a night of gaming than a night of partying, but that doesn't mean they can't be social, or that they NEVER go outside or do anything else other than their gaming or "geeky" stuff; just me, for example, i LOVE videogames and i've spent more gaming hours in 20 years than most people do in an entire lifetime, but i party ALOT and love going outside with my friends. In this "hierarchy" thing, just because a guy loves dating and hooking up doesn't mean they can't be emotionally attached to someone, or just because a guy is never into dating or relationship doesn't mean they can't hook up and have lots of sex. And, using myself as an example, just because i'm still a virgin, i play videogames for extreme amounts of time, and i want to spend all my money on my Yugioh decks, doesn't mean i can't put all my effort into relationships and really dedicate myself to someone so much. I had a relationship that lasted 4 years and i really dedicated myself alot to it, and when that relationship ended it really hurted me and i was depressed for a long time...so under your definition, i'd be Beta. But my lifestyle, the things i love doing, and the fact that i'm not interested in relationships at the moment, would fall under the definition of Omega. In my opinion though, i'm neither of them, as they're just "stereotypes" that can't entirely describe a person...i'm just me, with some Beta and Omega aspects maybe, and perhaps even few Alpha ones.
Furie wrote:I find it interesting that this is only about the males for the dating market. Actually, the topic usually is. So, what's the assumption about the hierarchy for women? Personally, I can't really think of one - as women are, regardless of their status, less likely to go unmated through life unless they choose to (although there are a few exceptions.) Or maybe a lot go unmated! But how often does one run across a woman who admits to having no or never having had a boyfriend?
Well, i honestly don't think i've seen a conversation about Alpha/Beta regarding women :P If you ask me, i think such definiton could probably go like this:
Alpha: Girls who party alot, drink alot, and just can't possibly live with the idea of not having a boyfriend. And they're practically never single, since there's always at least 10 guys behind her ready to "comfort" her the second she starts crying about being alone.
Beta: Girls who enjoy having fun with random hobbies, such like drawing, reading or gaming, have several friends and love to be with them, but it might be hard to get them interested in a relationship and can turn down ALOT of guys. However, if they meet the right guy, they can commit themselves for life and are among the most intelligent and stable partners to have.
Omega: Girls who dedicate themselves in extreme ways to their jobs and hobbies and have no interest in relationships, perhaps even to the point to say they hate all guys and will never trust them. They also tend to be...well, not exactly sexually appealing, and instead of accepting it or doing something about it just cause them to hate life and people even more, so guys hardly ever approach them and those who do are immediatly pushed away.
But of course, once again these are all stereotypes and not exactly accurate for any person...there are girls with extreme dedications to their careers but also love to party and get laid alot, girls who hate to party and being social but are extremely dependent and can't live without a boyfriend, and girls who love to party but absolutely hate the idea of relationships and sex.

As of your other comment...yeah, i don't think i know any girl who could honestly admit they've never been in any relationship, but i know ALOT of girls who are single right now, and ALOT of girls who are still virgin, despite being at an age between 21-27 years old, and they're definetly more than the amount of virgin guys i know (hell, most "otaku" guys i know are MARRIED D8 lol). They're usually very dedicated to their career, don't have interest in relationships, hardly to go parties, it's rare for them to trust in anyone, or aren't exactly attractive and prefer to do other things than work hard to get into a relationship. There's also some that claim to be asexual, and their actions and behavior honestly proves it well. And there's a few of them who, if they ever have sex, it'll only be while wearing a strap-on while demanding the guy to bend over D: And most of them are also my best friends and the girls i tend to hang out with the most XD lol
And of course, there's the lesbians too, as well as gay guys, but they can entirely contradict everything that has been said in this conversation, and perhaps would need their own defintion of alpha/beta/omega.
SCP-173

Post by SCP-173 »

Leave it to an admin to post. THE LONGEST POST IN HISTORY. Congradulations.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

SCP-173 wrote:Leave it to an admin to post. THE LONGEST POST IN HISTORY. Congradulations.
Dude, this isn't even the longest post i've made. All the people who have been active for the past years are witness of that, and can admit this is quite short compared to others XDD
And i'm not an Admin, just a Moderator.

Also, don't reply to this post unless you have something to add to the topic. Avoid further spamming.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

We are well aware that TheSorrow needs cliff notes sometimes.

As for girls, I've seen a larger variety of girls than males as far as sexuality is concerned.

Alpha Female- Usually maintains control over several men. Always has an air of confidence surrounding them that many people get swept up into. Likely to be a Cougar.

Beta Female- Focuses on one relationship at a time.

Delta Female- Serial Monogomist, usually a cheater that floats around a circle of guys that're usually friends or part of some group. Most often seen as Juggalettes.

Sigma Female- Remains a Virgin throughout school, but once she gives it away (sometimes just to get rid of it) seems to lose control. Often ends up with many one-night-stands in a short amount of time. A friend of mine was like this and I refused to take her virginity (for various reasons). In one year's time she went from Zero to 11 guys, no relationships. She was easily used, had no boundaries, and seemed ready to go at a moments notice.

Omega Female- Has no social skills and is very unattractive to most people.

Zeta Female- Little to no interest in relationships/sex. Can usually be found reading a book and/or watching old movies. They're not incapable of relationships, they just wait for the right one. Extremely faithful, sometimes to the point of stalking...

And now I feel like someone's going to call me sexist.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Dude I'm hooked with a Zeta woman...
SCP-173

Post by SCP-173 »

Shugo might call u sexist but I won't. Hey ur just stating an opinion. Or statistics. But either way its not like ur calling all wemen sluts or whores. And besides ur not a sexist person.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

AZURE-KITE wrote:Dude I'm hooked with a Zeta woman...
My wife was one too, but she was also a gamer and I managed to get her into a few anime.