What are your life goals?

Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

Furie

What are your life goals?

Post by Furie »

I have a few depending on how my life plays out...

Option 1) Move to a small town and get a job as a librarian or school counselor.

Option 2) Get married and work part-time (maybe as one of the career choices above) so I can be home to cook and clean house.

Option 3) Get married and, if I have children, be a stay at home mom who home schools her children. Once the children are out of the house, or if they want to go to public school, I'll return to option 2. In any case, I think family is very important, so I'd rather be home caring for them and only working to have something to do during the day while everyone's away and to bring in a little extra "fun" money (or food money if we're in such dire straits)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: What are your life goals?

Post by Kuukai »

If I had a "bucket list" it would be 9,000 things, so this is just my list for this year:
-Experience life as an assistant to a Japanese voiceactor or artist.
-Go to Obama, Japan, the Nebuta festival in Aomori (where .hack//Quantum takes place), Yakushima, and the canal town where .hack//The Movie takes place.
-Go to Koikon in Hiroshima and Summer Comiket for the first time and get a pile of original artwork from anime character designers. See Obon and the daimonji in Kyoto for the first time.
-See more bands live.
-Start a graduate-level Japanese course my company will pay for.
-Master making tonkatsu.
-Release .hack//Link patch 0.2.
-Go to my first Star Trek convention and my first Candy convention (like in the Simpsons).
-Release a demo of my original Android game project on Google Play, and send it to CC2 for kicks.
-This list is not exhaustive at all.
-Oh, I guess I need to get Microsoft-certified too.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I don't really have "options" of how i want to be in my future, like either this or that, instead i have some goals that i wish to accomplish in my life, from short to long term:

Short term: Get a decent job that doesn't take away my life and gives me just enough money for my silly needs, and eventually get my own resources to be able to live perfectly on my own, such like my own car and my own house (just a small apartment would be great for me).

Mid term: Get into a more-than-just decent job, perhaps while studying some Master's Degree related to Networking (if my plans go well, i want a job in Cisco and the Master's Degree could be replaced by the certifications CCNP and CCIE). And save plenty of money for my dream goal, which is to travel to different countries all over the world, and meet all the great friends i've met on the internet. My ideal dream would be to have a great party with lots of you, but because that's even more illusory than the mere idea of meeting you all, i'll more than happy to just spend a day with each friend, perhaps going out somewhere, playing some videogames, having a few drinks...just anything, as long as we meet and have a great day to remember forever, hell even if all goes bad in that day the memory will still remain XD That is the ONE thing i wish to achieve in my life, and all i do will be aimed to fulfill that.

Long term: By this point, i imagine myself in a perfectly stable job to keep me alive and well for hopefully the rest of my life, so i guess i'll consider living in some nice country (NO WAY i'll stay in Mexico, it's a beautiful country but it's also hell and has some of the most dangerous cities of the world .-.), with a nice house and a nice family. I haven't really thought of marriage, as i'm barely into relationships to begin with (at first because of my inner traumas, now just because of personal choice), but i don't really wanna grow old without having at least a child to continue my legacy in this world, and i guess in a way, i'm hopeful to meet the right girl sometime in my life :3 ...Though if i'm still a forever alone by the time i'm 50, i guess i'll just clone myself D: Hey, it worked for Big Boss, and he sure was very proud of his son in the end, even though he wanted to kill him and never loved him at first 8D lol

Anyways, those are my life goals c:
Sure, there's ALOT other things i wish to fulfill (like gaming objectives, learning how to use a sniper rifle, having a threesome, random things like that), and those short/mid/long term goals also involve other goals and objectives that i'll have to complete too, but in general, that's the path i want to take in my life, the dreams that will keep me pushing forward and not lose track of what to do next :3

Also, there is one thing that will always stay as a goal in my life, a constant objective that i'll try to maintain forever: To enjoy all the things i do and keep enjoying them, and never sacrifice what i love for the things i "need" to do. In other words, i don't want to wake up one day and realize i'm just one more corporate employee, one that follows a strict work schedule and doesn't have time for anything else in his life. No matter what i do with my life or where i end up, i'll never lose my gaming, my friends, or even my little times of listening to music while looking at the funny shapes the clouds make. I want those things to stay with my life, forever :3
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

I can't list everything off the top of my head, but for now I do agree with Kuukai's goal of seeing more bands live. I've only been to two concerts in my lifetime. ;u;
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Oxidizer wrote:I can't list everything off the top of my head, but for now I do agree with Kuukai's goal of seeing more bands live. I've only been to two concerts in my lifetime. ;u;
I haven't been to many concerts either. I've seen Rammstein, Evanescence, Apocalyptica, Nightwish...and i guess that's it D: I often go to bars with rock shows and have seen at least 20 different local bands, if that counts XDD lol
I also want to go to more concerts, but there's just a few bands that i'd REALLY like to see on live, 3 of them which are impossible for me to see unless i go to Japan (MUCC, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and Who the ****), and i don't even know if the other one (Dream Evil) goes on tours anymore, and if they do they're most surely exclusive to Europe D8'
I might go see Tarja this year though, which would be VERY AWESOME. I admire that woman in so many levels...even though i haven't really listened to her songs as a solo artist 'XDD lol
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

To beat Death By Degree's, Demon's souls, and Darksouls without losing a life. GAMER TILL THE END! MUAHAHAHA

In all seriousness though, I just want to be a good dad...
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

KiteXX wrote:To beat Death By Degree's, Demon's souls, and Darksouls without losing a life. GAMER TILL THE END! MUAHAHAHA

In all seriousness though, I just want to be a good dad...
You thinking about that already? or did you--!!!??

...... I'm very disappointed of you brother....

As for my life... well i guess i wanna travel around the world, find the love of my life and be a pro hunter(Assassin per request)
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

@AK No, I haven't already done that, i'm not gonna be a dad anytime soon.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

I don't really have any goals in life. Right now I'm just trying to make it through life alive.
Furie wrote:ption 1) Move to a small town and get a job as a librarian or school counselor.
I used to live in a really small town (I just moved a few months ago to be with my boyfriend) and being the librarian was a volunteer job because our town had no money. I almost volunteered but the lady was a raving biotch :(
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

my goal is... become illustrator and paid well. Or stuffs.

then I wish to have lots of money, so I can hep my family out of this situation.

and even more cliche but I meant it: become better self.
BrinODea

Post by BrinODea »

Go to the moon in a rocket that I design, start a moon colony, eventually take over the world from the moon (yes, I can be very evil) and/or design and build high performance vehicles!
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

Lets just say I want to start a series with a good story that's not too hard to get in to that will be instantly recognizable by the art style alone.

It's harder than you'd think
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

A while ago, I wanted to become some sort of nature scientist - marine biologist or meteorologist. They're still both passions of mine, but I think they'd work better as a hobby than a profession.

Now, my sole aspiration in life is to write a successful fantasy novel. Other than that, I just want to enjoy life.
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

Hmmm well, I want to become a veterinarian, then after a few years open a bakery with money saved up that will cater to both animals and humans. A percent of the bakery money will then go to a charity that I will start that pays for surgeries on animals that people can't afford to pay (that way the animal doesn't have to be put down.)

And I too want to write an amazing novel. (I have a few started I just need to get back into finishing them. ^_^; ) Also I want to make at least 1 manga.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Short term:
-Learn C#
-Learn HTML5
-Look for a more stable job.
-Pay off my student loan finally.
-Build a new pc. I need one.
-Be a webmaster.
-Start my own blog?
-Want a new capture card device to upload some new videos on youtube.
-Go to more gaming, anime and comic conventions this year.

Long term:
-Learn Japanese.
-Definitely want to travel. Would anyone travel alone or without a plan on where to go? Let's see, I definitely want to check out the Louvre in France at least once. My teacher recommended it years ago.
-Of course visit Akihabara and check out the arcades. Will most likely get my ass handed to me.
-Learn how to cook in general. You can't live off fast food.
-Make an indie game with some friends. Not sure if they want to do it due to other life commitments.
-New car.
-New place to live.
-Settle down for marriage? I know my parents would be excited.
-A career that I would be happy with. Enough to cover my living expenses and if its stable.

Some of my friends are married and a few of them have kids. It really put a hamper on their social life so I end up with a lot of free time lately.
BrinODea

Post by BrinODea »

Oh, I also forgot. I want to eventually own a twin turbo Dodge Viper that runs off of wood gas. Why wood gas? Because its more efficient, cleaner fuel source, and gives me a reason to burn stuff down.
Onytgvx

Post by Onytgvx »

Getting rich and buying houses in various countries.