What do you do? What did you do today?

Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

Furie

What do you do? What did you do today?

Post by Furie »

So, aside from browsing the forums, what do you do?

I work quite a bit, so that takes up most of my time. When I do have free time, I spend it writing and RPing, drawing, playing games such as DotA 2, Team Fortress 2, Path of Exile, Pokemon, Animal Crossing.

It's still rather early for me today, but so far I've cleaned my apartment, joined here and done laundry (lol, boring Sunday!) Later, I'm going to watch the new episode of Walking Dead (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so excite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) while relaxing... which is another thing I'm doing all day. Whee relaxing!
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Re: What do you do? What did you do today?

Post by Erranty »

I work washing Aircraft. Pays $22p/hr and comes with full insurance coverage because we work with some pretty dangerous stuff in the hangar. High pressure hoses, suspension harnesses for getting the guys above the plane, and the soap that's so strong its eaten through several of the rubber body suits and given us rashes, gotta make sure that stuff never gets in our eyes but we have eyewash stations too.

Taking care of my son at home, playing with him, playing videogames.

Today I made breakfast, took a shower, and started watching cartoons with him.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I do ALOT of things. Mostly play videogames, PS3 games usually. I've recently finished Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale and God of War: Ghost of Sparta in Platinum, and soon enough i'll start with Uncharted 1 and 3, hopefully get their Platinums too.
I also spend alot of time watching series, which right now includes Dexter, Person of Interest, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead (also looking forward to their return tonight...but i must admit this season has disappointed me) and How I Met Your Mother. Must add Fringe to the list too, which just ended a few weeks ago but it's THE BEST SERIES I'VE EVER EVER WATCHED AND WILL EVER WATCH ;3;
I also play Yugioh competitively, a TCG which i've been playing for about 10 years now. Currently using a Mermail deck, and a Malefic Anti-Meta deck which is perfect to annoy every topdeck player and give amusing ragequits. lol
I also like to go out with my friends and tend to go to parties and stuff every once and then (like twice per week. lol). In fact last night i went to the birthday of one of my friends, which was in a rock bar place thing. Fun stuff o3o

As of work and stuff, well, i just recently graduated in Computer Systems Engineering, which makes me an engineer. And also makes me technically unemployed right now D: lol I might get a job soon though, as i've passed job interviews and stuff...but honestly, i'm enjoying my life way too much and i don't really want to work .-. I just want the money, though my only goals with it right now are to buy more games/YGO cards, drink expensive alcohol and eventually get my own car. lol

And as of what i've done today...well, i woke up late-ish, checked online stuff, became shocked at the huge amount of new posts, was glad to see they were interesting posts from a very nice new member and not crazy annoying spam like we've had recently, and have been posting around the new topics for the past 2 hours. And might continue for some more time too.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

Today hasn't gotten of to the best start. As of posting this it's 2:15PM here and I just woke up.
Furie

Post by Furie »

@Sorrow I hear you! I currently work in retail only to get by and to have money to do the fun things that I like to do. I figure that's kinda what life is about- taking care of oneself (and their children or pets if they have them) however one can and having fun.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Furie wrote:@Sorrow I hear you! I currently work in retail only to get by and to have money to do the fun things that I like to do. I figure that's kinda what life is about- taking care of oneself (and their children or pets if they have them) however one can and having fun.
Work to live, not live to work. That's exactly the way i want to live :D
Sure enough, work can be quite tiring and time-consuming, and there will be times where work must come first, i'm well-aware of that. But i also don't want to grow up saying i do nothing everyday except get up to work, spend all my day there, go home, sleep, and repeat. There are plenty of things i enjoy in my life, and plenty of things i want to enjoy, and i'll work to achieve that, not let the work take that away :P
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

I just do homework, go rent consoles, play at home, pretty much the same every day.

i recently started playing Dante's inferno and.... You know how god of war isn't available for Xbox 360? well it has Dante's inferno .3. just about the same game style

And I'm laying on the ground with a headache and i haven't had dinner yet (9:00PM here)
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

Letsee...I don't actually do...Anything now that I feel like I have to sum it up. I pretty much just go to college, and recently beat the halo series, not counting Wars, in three days... Mostly I waste my time fantasizing about Sorrow here.
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

Today? I just entered that... "Kite-bot" I mentioned in the Random Fact thread into some tournament. Hoping it does well.

And chat on lot on Skype. :3
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

what did I do...?
oh yeah, aside from pacing back and forth in unexplainable anxiety, I keep drawing.... and drawing..... and drawing.... and drawing.... and drawing.... and drawing....

*sit in the corner*
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Slept in, watch anime and played Witcher before getting lost again. Trying out FFIV Complete to see what's the big deal is. Never played it before. Continue to watch more anime.
nuhkuhl
Location: In a box with a lock sitting next to a fox sick with pox wearing socks.

Post by nuhkuhl »

Whenever I think about questions such as 'what do I do every day' I always get a little nauseous and spiral into a depressed state. Ha ha... no, but seriously, I kind of hate myself for wasting so much time when I should be trying to improve myself...strengthening my writing and drawing, figuring out and building some sort of profit-generating business, learning languages and unexplored philosophies, et cetera. Uh, anyway, for years my nights have been blown on the internet...but to be honest, I don't take much pleasure in it anymore. The dothackers forum is actually the last place I comment on/at now. I wish there was an animal shelter within walking distance I could volunteer my free hours to. Creatures are neat; they're kind of an obscurity for me, someone who has always lived in a big city. I'd like to eventually get a pet of some sort- I've wanted a tarantula for years. Or a seahorse- an aquarium with one or two alongside a starfish would be nice.

Um..as for today, I...wasted a lot of time. LOL. Um..however, I did see something that I had never seen before: mini roses! You can't really tell from this photo I took but the flowers are super tiny in comparison to regular roses. Hmm... A part-time job caring for plants would be lovely.

Furie

Post by Furie »

@nuhkuhl gosh, I hear you. I feel the same way a lot of the time to... D= Let's not make this a depression thread though, eh?

Well, again, its early for me, but I guess I can comment on what I did yesterday. I went to the grocery store for some food, lol. The walk was nice- a little rainy, but warm. And then I practiced playing DotA for a few rounds. I played pretty much all the archer type heroes. xD I like them the most.

I have another day off today, so I might go to Gamestop and pick up White Knight Chronicles, or see if I can find my PS2 cables so I can replay I.M.O.Q.
I've also been looking at entry level jobs in my area, but none of them really appeal to me- the ones that do are fields I'm already sort of in, haha.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I pretty much stayed at home all day, assembling and disassembling my sidearms like every morning, then practicing drawing them, ate breakfast, went to the livestock market, ate lunch, biked around, ate some snacks, practiced close combat with my dad, ate dinner, and now typing this.
nuhkuhl
Location: In a box with a lock sitting next to a fox sick with pox wearing socks.

Post by nuhkuhl »

@Furie: Yes, you're right. My apologies for adding a downer tone to this thread. Funny enough, by being forced to reflect on the fact that I'm not satisfied with my day to day routine just for a single typed comment and to admit it so bluntly, it ever so slightly encourages me even more to change said routine. It's embarrassing to be potentially known as a self-deprecating whiner. I think I'll go snail hunting for a bit now (heh...whut) to cheer me up- photographic hunting, that is. The early hours are nice before everyone heads off to work- far less traffic and whatnot. Plus those giant snails like the morning moisture so tis' the ideal time in both regards. There's this weird biohazard of a 'creek' behind my apartment complex that's calling my name too.

Edit: ...and here be the fruit of my endeavor. Snails...snails everywhere even though it's freezing outside...and that doll was just lying on the hill.

Furie

Post by Furie »

@nuhkuhl: I don't think you're a whiner at all. I'm actually very happy that even something so simple as posting your true feelings has helped you take a step a new and more fruitful direction for you. Your post kind of did it for me, too! I went on a long walk today that I hadn't planned earlier, and even discussed some plans to go adventuring downtown with my boyfriend when we have a day off together, so it actually helped to boost my spirits as well. ^^ For that, I say thank you. Please always feel free to speak honestly in any of my threads. I like it a lot, and, though I can't speak for others, I'm sure it doesn't bother them either.
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

College......and at the moment finally have some time to reply white knight chronicles 2
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I work as an electronic document/book expert, I went to Tokyo for work over the summer and climbed Mt. Fuji, saw my favorite band Maximum the Hormone live, and went to a special Hokkaido version of the con that Gainax was formed at. I like to do all of the aforementioned things in general, too: technology, hiking, Japanese, music, anime, and cons.

This weekend I threw a Chinese New Year's party and got friends to fly in from both coasts for it. I made beef curry, vegan curry, ochadzuke, and mapo tofu (I like cooking too). A new friend of mine who's hypercritical about "authentic" Japanese food gave it all a thumbs up. I'm also getting better at dishing out awesome cocktails according to people's personalities.

I love karaoke, I'm currently learning the harmonica so I can play that during sessions too. Over the past week I've been working on helping a local con procure Japanese guests. I'm also working off and on on the patch for .hack//Link. Later today I might do laundry (EXCITING!) and play some Dreamcast now that I finally got a VGA adapter and the output looks amazing. A Japanese conversation group I organize meets on Wednesday, we have about a dozen people coming this week. I want to catch up on Psychopass (AMAZING) and finish Gobusters (ditto).

Also, kai the pkk just reminded me I need to finish White Knight Chronicles 2.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

KiteXX wrote:Mostly I waste my time fantasizing about Sorrow here.
Well, that doesn't sound like a waste of time at all~ ;D lol
Oxidizer wrote:And chat on lot on Skype. :3
Pfft, chat on Skype. That's lame D< Who does that nowadays!? lol

And Kuukai, you have a pretty cool life and do some pretty cool things overall; all you just said is so great!! :D I would love to join you in one of your parties sometime. I LOVE cocktails CX lol

As of what i've done today...eh, i woke up late because of sleeping late last night, chatting on Skype and doing fun things like that, been posting alot, browsing randomly around the internetz, just downloaded the newest episode of The Walking Dead and will probably enjoy it tonight, and my bro is coming back today from a weekend vacation trip and i guess i'll be with him for a while once he arrives, perhaps playing Yugioh or some PS3 game. I usually don't like my brother much and he can be very annoying, but eh, it's nice to have him back >3> lol
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Sure--if you're ever in the Chicago area. d5t and I tried to organize something one time but it seriously fizzled.