HMD and .hack technology

Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

mavrosheep

HMD and .hack technology

Post by mavrosheep »

recently i was looking through the web and found this : http://www.sony.co.uk/product/personal-3d-viewer/hmz-t2

i guess this means .hack and its contents are coming to reality and we could say we're one step closer to The World mmorpg

but i need to know if anybody else in this forums have any news or info about any kind of modern technology being created in the real world, thank you
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: HMD and .hack technology

Post by Kuukai »

It's interesting because there was an official Sony PS2 HMD, but it was really expensive. I only saw one once.
mavrosheep

Post by mavrosheep »

Kuukai wrote:It's interesting because there was an official Sony PS2 HMD, but it was really expensive. I only saw one once.
how long ago was it and is it of the same series as this one or completely different?
Bullet Biter

Post by Bullet Biter »

I think you all need to meet the Oculus Rift.
http://www.oculusvr.com/

It's apparently going to be the first affordable HMD on the consumer market and has support from game companies already! Though it looks like the titles it supports are mostly shooters, it's still a step in a very interesting direction.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

I saw the Oculus on the news yesterday along with a few other systems. However, I have low expectations for it. I think stuff like this is still before it's time. They've tried making head sets before and they have ended being epic fails. I'm surprised they aren't going to charge a lot for it since it seems like semi new technology that the market companies could squeeze more money out of you for.
mavrosheep

Post by mavrosheep »

Bullet Biter wrote:I think you all need to meet the Oculus Rift.
http://www.oculusvr.com/

It's apparently going to be the first affordable HMD on the consumer market and has support from game companies already! Though it looks like the titles it supports are mostly shooters, it's still a step in a very interesting direction.
thank you for the info, is this basically HMD T2's competitor? or are they heading for different direction?
SCP-173

Post by SCP-173 »

Hopefully I won't go into a coma using this.
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

SCP-173 wrote:Hopefully I won't go into a coma using this.
...I think you'll be safe.
SCP-173

Post by SCP-173 »

You didn't get the joke did you
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Remember in G.U. how everyone uses their cellphone to do all sorts of activities, such like paying for stuff or controlling their own house's doors? Well, there's something called Android Beam, which is already being used to pay for stuff...you just put your cellphone close to a beam receiver thingy and you already made a purchase. And every electronic household device, such like refrigerators, microwaves and perhaps even freaking toasters, are getting "modernized" to the point they're all compatible with Java applications and have their own IP address. Mix these two technologies, and it's the same technology they had in the .Hack universe in 2015. And be careful about losing your cellphone then, or you'll be unable to enter into your own home like a certain ButtRice D: lol

And though not a technology in itself, but still related to .Hack technology in our own world: people and cellphone/electronics usage. In .Hack there's alot of controversy regarding the young generations, who are constantly on their HMDs in EVERY place (school, subway, shopping mall, restaurants, etc.), and people even refer to them as "zombies" because of how detached they are to the real world and just looking into their devices with a dull face. Now, read all the news and articles in our world about how young generations use their cellphones EVERYWHERE, to the point there's places full of people doing nothing except using their cellphone and paying minimum attention to where they walk, and people also referring to them as "zombies" because of how detached they are and their dull faces with eyes fixed on nothing but their cellphone. SAME FREAKING THING.

In a way, .Hack predicted our future D: lol
mavrosheep

Post by mavrosheep »

wasnt there a teachnology in .hack where they put a tracking chip in children and even adolescents? do they exist in real life?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

mavrosheep wrote:wasnt there a teachnology in .hack where they put a tracking chip in children and even adolescents? do they exist in real life?
A quick google search tells me that not right now, but we're getting there :P

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/0 ... onitoring/
http://www.zdnet.com/student-expelled-f ... 000007723/

Probably by 2015, indeed. lol
mavrosheep

Post by mavrosheep »

related to hmd technology and apparently other modern ones, i have found a site i will keep an eye on, http://www.roadtovr.com/ , they/he seem to be following and comparing all the latest hmd products

and wb sorrow!
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

People are detached from reality as is with just cellphones. I think being dependent on technology is just foolish. If things were like .hack// then we'd be screwed. Oh, look one bug from an online game has managed to take over the world....joy!
mavrosheep

Post by mavrosheep »

shugo_lover wrote:People are detached from reality as is with just cellphones. I think being dependent on technology is just foolish. If things were like .hack// then we'd be screwed. Oh, look one bug from an online game has managed to take over the world....joy!
sadly, if what youre saying is true, then bad news for us, cuz i think .hack portrays how our future will be (not completely, of course) in terms of technology and gadget dependency, so get ready for another Y2K or a new 'AIDA' lol
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

and after that, poeple transfer their consciousnesses into cyber space after the dead....
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

I fear for our future.
Amaso

Post by Amaso »

Sony , Namco Bandai , along with Cyber Connect have created the HMD under the name HMZ
Hiroshi Matsuyama testing it :

Official Page:
http://www.sony.co.uk/product/personal-3d-viewer/hmz-t2
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

That's the same link as posted by mavrosheep, that started this whole topic D:
The pic is new though >3>
But who knows if it'll actually come to something, or just remain as "that cool thing that never got useful".
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

CyberConnect2 and Namco Bandai had absolutely nothing to do with the development. But Matsuyama got a chance to try one after it was developed (there's an article on the facebook page for this thing), and he thinks "it will definitely make entertainment more interesting" and feels "like technology has caught up to our fiction." That said, you could buy the entire upcoming generation of consoles for that ridiculous £999 price (assuming you buy them in America). Every console. Even the bad ones. And there are reasons this technology isn't cheap too, which is probably why the Oculus keeps getting delayed...

Idle curiosity: Is there a rampant desire to make SAO for real, or is this exclusively a .hack fan phenomenon? Google didn't return a compelling answer.