SKRILLEX FANS UNITE

Post by SCP-173 »

If you are a fan of skrillex then this is the topic for you
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Re: SKRILLEX FANS UNITE

Post by Erranty »

I wish this was reddit so I could downvote this thread into oblivion.
SCP-173

Post by SCP-173 »

Why would you want to downvote this
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

Every experience I've had with Skrillex fans has boiled down to me feeling like they need to be repeatedly bludgeoned with a blunt object till they're either dead or no longer able to pass their defective genes on through breeding.

Key point 1, this came from Twitter and Facebook.

The only thing in that which is true is that Skrillex won 3 Grammys in one night. That is to say, the Grammy Awards are only held once a year anyway, so winning them in one night isn't as amazing as they're trying to make it sound. And one of those Grammy awards was shared with Benny Benassi, who basically won it all by himself.

His fans are ignorant.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Daft Punk copied deadmau5!?
Skrilled INVENTED dubstep!?
And his own hairstyle!?!
AND HE CREATES MUSIC BY HIMSELF!?!!

I totally agree with your feelings, Erranty .-. Just...no. This is as bad or worse as the whole Justin Bieber > Nirvana/The Beatles/etc. things ._____.

As of Skrillex, he sucks, and even as a "dubstep" artist he isn't too good and his dubstep sucks in comparison to other real DJ's. He was better as Sonny Moore from The First to Last, and even though they sucked too i actually liked that band during my teenage years.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

I never thought skrillex was all that great. He sounds overly generic and just like everyone else. Daft Punk copies Deadmau5's music? You're kidding right? Daft Punk has been around longer then Deadmau5. Daft Punk started around in the 1990's and Deadmau5 started in 2005. While Deadmau5 started his career in the 1990's his first album was never released until 2005. Also, I thought dubstep existed before Skrillex.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

shugo_lover wrote: Also, I thought dubstep existed before Skrillex.
Dubstep came from from the Drum & Bass community at first, like some sort of side genre that started because someone's board messed up at just the right moment. He might've been the first one to call it "dubstep" though.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

Erranty wrote:
Dubstep came from from the Drum & Bass community at first, like some sort of side genre that started because someone's board messed up at just the right moment. He might've been the first one to call it "dubstep" though.
Ah, I see. I kinda just thought it came out before because I heard people talk about dubstep before I heard them talk about Skrillex.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

shugo_lover wrote:
Erranty wrote:
Ah, I see. I kinda just thought it came out before because I heard people talk about dubstep before I heard them talk about Skrillex.
Actually...

http://dubstep.tribe.net/thread/6c50b77 ... d55f9fa26c

http://blackdownsoundboy.blogspot.mx/20 ... bstep.html

http://boomkat.com/cds/10732-dubstep-al ... hatcha-mix

Check the dates on these links. And keep in mind that Skrillex started with dubstep as early as 2007.
"Dubstep" was used to refer to this genre of music since the early 2000's, perhaps even before that, however it was VERY underground, and apparently, heavily restricted to London. Maybe you could say that Skrillex is the one responsible for making dubstep known and popular worldwide...but i wouldn't be so sure if that was a good thing D: lol
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

Code: Select all

If grime is the voice of angry urban London, dubstep is its primary echo, the sound of dread bass reflecting off decaying walls. 
So, it's London's version of Rave?
SCP-173

Post by SCP-173 »

Erranty whoever posted that **** about daft punk is a moron. I love daft punk I got a bunch of their songs.