Avoiding University Work

Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

Wellrod

Avoiding University Work

Post by Wellrod »

Hey,

Got an assignment due tomorrow but want to stop working on it for a bit to take my mind away from the sheer stress of it all. You ever been put into group work and theres always one who thinks they dont have to do anything? Thats my situation. Someone has decided to just not answer any of our group when we contact him ^^ . This is going to be a fun night :P
VirusCoreS

Re: Avoiding University Work

Post by VirusCoreS »

so how's your night? :D

I got one too, even worse, he seems to be invisible, and disappear right away after class, he did said wants to take part in group task, but....
I'd rather choose him not joining than having him ruin the paper.
Wellrod

Post by Wellrod »

Exactly lol wish we could say they couldnt join our group but the lecturer said just do the report anyway :S . We got it done anyway and all submitted. Hopefully its 1st material =)
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Such cases happened to me so many times during my University years. Usually when we had to do a team project, it was some of my close friends, me, and random people that had to be added to either complete the group or because it was chosen randomly like that...and usually those random people were of the kind that suddenly vanishes and doesn't do anything. And most of the time, we would just come to the agreement that me and my friends would do all the work, and they would either pay for stuff, get materials and do those random tasks that everyone is lazy to do but requires no real effort. And it was actually a perfect win-win situation, as we would keep control of the project and make sure everything was completed successfully and in time (when you have a "troublesome" team member, it's a HUGE mistake to give him any responsibility or divide important tasks with him, as he'll never do it and you'll be forced to rush stuff and work twice; easier to just divide the tasks among you and none to him), we wouldn't spend anything but our time, and they would get an A in a difficult subject where all they had to do was show their face.
Of course, there were also the times where those team members would SERIOUSLY disappear and not help the project in any way, not even by agreeing to do nothing, and in such cases we would do our VERY BEST to get them out of the project...even if they were forced on us or if by some reason we couldn't "kick them out", we would make sure that they get no recognition in the project and would get no grade for it. It could've lead to a few discussions and disagreements, but seriously, if they acted like that even when we were so nice and would give them an A for doing nothing, then they deserved nothing but failure >;/

And though i'm done with University now, i'm sure i'm not done yet with these kind of incidents. I KNOW they will happen at job, with people that also disappear or don't do anything right before a project or report needs to be turned in. And it'll be much tougher too, since it won't mean mere grades and passing a subject or not, but money, perhaps LARGE amounts of it depending what you do, and your job itself D:
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

so true TheSorrow, I did escatly like that, but instead, I'm being too generous for myself to kick someone out, so I ignore them instead. I recall naming the money I got from them as... 'Uang Lelah' (Tired Money -- money you received after labor XD) LOLz now come to think of it, I'd do someone else task to if they pay me good buck :D
Wellrod

Post by Wellrod »

HAHA so true. Like I say im in my final year and wasnt expecting so much reliance on others ^^ . I went back home for christmas and explain this situation to my mother and she basically said in her job its the same. I quote "Preperation for the **** life throws at you" I believe she phrased it as.