Otakon

Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Otakon

Post by Kuukai »

This year I'll be at your darn fancy coastal convention. Anyone going?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Otakon

Post by Kuukai »

Sorry for the double post but one of the guests, Chiaki Shimogama, voiced the Natsume-looking Yata no Kagami member in .hack//Quantum and is signing today at 10am.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

TRIPLE POST!!!

Hmmm. I don't think I'll be going to anything coastal for a few years. Doesn't mean I would like to, its just a bit too far.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Erranty wrote:TRIPLE POST!!!

Hmmm. I don't think I'll be going to anything coastal for a few years. Doesn't mean I would like to, its just a bit too far.
Normally I'd combine them but for one thing I'm on a phone. Oh the other thing I got signed was the source of your old apple-containing avatar. The director of that was there. He was pretty surprised to see someone bring it though... (it was an insane task to acquire a legal copy of it)
Aldotsk

Post by Aldotsk »

I was actually a dealer at Dealer's Panel. Cosplayed for a day as a Hidari Shotaro from Kamen Rider Double. Rest of the days, I was selling Gundam models.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Aldotsk wrote:I was actually a dealer at Dealer's Panel. Cosplayed for a day as a Hidari Shotaro from Kamen Rider Double. Rest of the days, I was selling Gundam models.
wish I were there.......
Aldotsk

Post by Aldotsk »

Well actually you would only see like Chemistry and Nobuo Uematsu autograph session. Those were the biggest event.

Otherwise, Dealers were kind of packed and they were busy all weekend. Comparing to this year's New York Comic Con? not much.

NYCC was HELL this year again. No idea why Lance Festerman wanted to keep NYAF and NYCC together. It is like worse as Black Friday imo. NYCC's biggest event was the video game company panels. Capcom, NBGI, Square Enix etc. - oh and voice actress of Naruto (which I care less about :| )
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Nobuo is overrated. The Angel ScandieS panel was really interesting since you get to see a real show in pre-production form, which basically never happens. Ever. In Japan, anywhere. It was an extremely unique thing you could only see at Otakon... and only 10 people went. Awesome!

At least a lot more people went to see Makoto Shinkai's movie, which was also an awesome experience...
-Loveless-

Post by -Loveless- »

The only thing I remember about Otakon...is the Trigun movie and Masqurade. 8']
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Angel ScandieS was at the masquerade. And everyone was reallly confused because it wasn't very well planned... The maquerade was awesome. The Trigun movie... I didn't see because of the main thing I remember about Otakon: the lines. But Makoto Shinkai's movie was one of the most amazing things I've seen in a long time. Imagine Hayao Miyazaki and Steven Spielberg made a 2-hour fantasy/sci-fi movie about death and the meaning of life.
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

I'm in Japan and would like to do some of this stuff but unfortunately the military leash is pretty short.
iLuvGaspard

Post by iLuvGaspard »

That Ice Cold Water Guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Ice cold water, only one Dollah ice ice
cold cold""
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

iLuvGaspard wrote:That Ice Cold Water Guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Ice cold water, only one Dollah ice ice
cold cold""
Hahaha that guy and all the imitators were awesome.
N3IWVC wrote:I'm in Japan and would like to do some of this stuff but unfortunately the military leash is pretty short.
Japan is awesome on its own. There are cons every week. There's a site called ketto com you can Google that lists them all.