Usernames

Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

Keyaki

Re: Usernames

Post by Keyaki »

AZURE-KITE wrote:
Azure Kite wrote:I'm quite pleased with my username. 8)
-.-'' copycat
....He was here first.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

i know, i know.. geez
Mirus

Post by Mirus »

Erranty wrote:One that I actually considered (and use for female MMO characters) is Noht, which is Nail in German.
Ah! You play MMORPGS? Which ones if you don't mind me asking?

@N3IWVC: It's not lame that's actually a really cool name! very creative ^_^

I like to use names that start with "Mi" I just find those names to sound very femenine...

Except for my main account name it does not start with Mi But I dont feel like disclosing that username I use it everywhere else and it's unique-ish ^_^;

Anyway if I'm naming a character then it starts with Mi. if it's the actual username of the account then it's that other undisclosed name!

<3 Usernames they almost become a part of you sometimes...
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Mirus wrote:
Erranty wrote:One that I actually considered (and use for female MMO characters) is Noht, which is Nail in German.

I like to use names that start with "Mi" I just find those names to sound very femenine...

Except for my main account name it does not start with Mi But I dont feel like disclosing that username I use it everywhere else and it's unique-ish ^_^;

Anyway if I'm naming a character then it starts with Mi. if it's the actual username of the account then it's that other undisclosed name!

Yeah I know what you mean. My userame here is my most used username. I use it everywhere I possibly can unless the name is taken, then I use another name.
hidora

Post by hidora »

TheEnigma wrote:
Mirus wrote:

Yeah I know what you mean. My userame here is my most used username. I use it everywhere I possibly can unless the name is taken, then I use another name.
Same here. If you see anyone called hidora on an english/portuguese site/game, you can be 85~90% sure it's me.
I was pretty pissed off when I saw that the hidora username was taken on XFire by someone who only plays tibia and pinball >_<
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

hidora wrote:
TheEnigma wrote:
Mirus wrote:

Same here. If you see anyone called hidora on an english/portuguese site/game, you can be 85~90% sure it's me.
I was pretty pissed off when I saw that the hidora username was taken on XFire by someone who only plays tibia and pinball >_<
Yeah thats how I felt when my name waas taken on gamefaqs.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Yay long quote wrote:
Will someone wrote:
actually notice wrote:
i'm messing wrote:
with this? wrote:One that I actually considered (and use for female MMO characters) is Noht, which is Nail in German.

And it sucks more when your "preferred", "most used", "most cherished", "unique to yourself" username is actually not so unique and quite common and very used by many other people...beginning with the fact you actually stole it from a videogame x-x; lol
There are so many "TheSorrow/Sorrow" in the internet world that it's actually very hard to locate me in any website just by that name alone, and you'd have to go more specific to find out if it's really me or one of the many other "Sorrow"s. Even "Sorrow-Kun", a name with quite the certain unique-ness to it, still comes up with several results of several members using that name in anime forums, and none of them are me!! D8 And yeah, it REALLY becomes annoying when your actual username ("TheSorrow" in this case, right as it is), is occupied by a random inactive account and there's no way to use that account for yourself, even if you're going to use it practically everyday and the other person hasn't logged in it for 3 freaking years. And that has happened, at least, in Twitter, YouTube, and PSN. Though i think the PSN one is actually "claimed" by Konami or something XP

...Then again, that's also one of the many little purposes of my title. You might find alot of TheSorrow's and SorrowKun's, but i don't think you'll find more than one Legendary and Mythical Fallen Angel Dark Paladin Knight The Sorrow!!! >3> Too bad i can't use that as an username without making it look like i'm 7 members at once. lol
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Well the only other name I use is Skeith666. So if anybody here notices that name so hi, cuz chances are its me.
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

I'M CALLING YOU OUT >:^I wrote:
Yay long quote wrote:
Will someone wrote:
actually notice wrote:
i'm messing wrote:
with this? wrote:One that I actually considered (and use for female MMO characters) is Noht, which is Nail in German.

And it sucks more when your "preferred", "most used", "most cherished", "unique to yourself" username is actually not so unique and quite common and very used by many other people...beginning with the fact you actually stole it from a videogame x-x; lol
There are so many "TheSorrow/Sorrow" in the internet world that it's actually very hard to locate me in any website just by that name alone, and you'd have to go more specific to find out if it's really me or one of the many other "Sorrow"s. Even "Sorrow-Kun", a name with quite the certain unique-ness to it, still comes up with several results of several members using that name in anime forums, and none of them are me!! D8 And yeah, it REALLY becomes annoying when your actual username ("TheSorrow" in this case, right as it is), is occupied by a random inactive account and there's no way to use that account for yourself, even if you're going to use it practically everyday and the other person hasn't logged in it for 3 freaking years. And that has happened, at least, in Twitter, YouTube, and PSN. Though i think the PSN one is actually "claimed" by Konami or something XP

...Then again, that's also one of the many little purposes of my title. You might find alot of TheSorrow's and SorrowKun's, but i don't think you'll find more than one Legendary and Mythical Fallen Angel Dark Paladin Knight The Sorrow!!! >3> Too bad i can't use that as an username without making it look like i'm 7 members at once. lol
I NOTICED YOUR QUOTES SORROW, DON'T THINK YOU CAN PULL ONE OVER ON ME. THAT'S IT I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHALLENGING MATCH (in which we challenge one another). AND SINCE I ISSUED THE CHALLENGE I ALREADY WON >:T

Also username: Gemgirl, Crimsonmist. Both SNs I don't use anymore.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Its a never ending challenge!!
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Yeeeah, I'm kinda like TheSorrow. A lot of my early usernames weren't exactly original, and so I've rarely been able to use them on multiple sites... like I'm Miss Anonymous on one site only and I've only used Anime Monkey here.
But then I've also more recently used ShinoLia and Iulia the 3rd (with more and more preference towards the latter), and those are usually never taken, which makes me happy. :>

And Gemcrim, you should've slapped TheSorrow with your glove. That's the proper way to do it. :V
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

Ohhh hoho I'll slap him with something alright~
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Why hello there <3 wrote:Ohhh hoho I'll slap him with something alright~
Will i enjoy it? 8D lol

And because i feel like sharing it...my very first username EVER was "RARE HUNTER 2 YAMI BAKURA"...exactly like that, complete with all caps, originated after being a member of a tiny spanish guild/clan about Yugioh in MSN groups. Yeah, life was fun back then...and if you think my username alone was "wierd/surprising", you should've really seen my english typing back then. Broken spanglish doesn't even begin to describe it xDDD lol
I had like few variations of that username, such like "RH2 Yami Bakura" or simply "Yami Bakura". Then i moved into Pokemon and had the usernames Missigno.Hunter (yes, Missigno), Pelipper and Team Aqua's Pelipper, went back to Yami Bakura for a little, and then...TheSorrow ;P
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

TheSorrow wrote:
Will i enjoy it? 8D lol

And because i feel like sharing it...my very first username EVER was "RARE HUNTER 2 YAMI BAKURA"...exactly like that, complete with all caps, originated after being a member of a tiny spanish guild/clan about Yugioh in MSN groups. Yeah, life was fun back then...and if you think my username alone was "wierd/surprising", you should've really seen my english typing back then. Broken spanglish doesn't even begin to describe it xDDD lol
I had like few variations of that username, such like "RH2 Yami Bakura" or simply "Yami Bakura". Then i moved into Pokemon and had the usernames Missigno.Hunter (yes, Missigno), Pelipper and Team Aqua's Pelipper, went back to Yami Bakura for a little, and then...TheSorrow ;P
All I can say is...why?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

TheEnigma wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:
Will i enjoy it? 8D lol

All I can say is...why?
Why what? o-O' ...Oh, "Missigno.Hunter"? ...And what are you exactly asking about it? The mispelling it has? Or the username in general? XD

Either way, STORY TIEMZ!!! 8D...AGAIN 8DDD

Before i joined to that one forum (well, there were 2...Serebii.net, and some Glitch Laboratory or something that was a Pokemon glitches site), i was HEAVILY into Pokemon glitch researching...mostly using GS codes for many things and seeing how they'd affect the game and what you could do and see with them. I even made my lists of Glitch Pokemons all the way from Red/Blue to Ruby/Sapphire (i worked a bit on Emerald but i didn't even finish the game itself), with their learnable attacks, battle cries, appearances, details about them that affect the game and how they affect it, etc...the very same details that probably still live in sites like Bulbapedia XD (...Though most likely someone else did the same as me, and updated the sites with their own information, leaving all my work completely ignored, but meh >->) Anyways, as most likely everyone knows, the most popular and well-known glitch in all of the Pokemon games is that one about "MissingNo.", the Glitch Pokemon from the coast of Cinnabar Island in Red and Blue, and the very first "Glitch Pokemon" ever found. And due to Missingno.'s popularity and all, every other Glitch Pokemon has been colloquially named Missingno. as well; someone finds a messed-up Pokemon in a game, they automaticly call it a "Missingno." instead of a "Glitch Pokemon" or a "?????????". And my little work always made me feel like if i was "hunting" these Glitch Pokemons....So, i called myself "Missigno.Hunter"...the hunter of Glitch Pokemons!! >3>

And why i named myself "Missigno.Hunter" and not "Missingno.Hunter"? Well, because i was so awesome at reading and understanding english that whenever i saw the name, i always would pronounce it as "Missigno", and i remained with the idea that it was properly written like that. It was until soon after being active in those forums that people pointed out my mistake...and i finally learned that the name is meant to be "Missing Number"..."Missing No."..."Missingno." XD

...Is that the kind of answer you expected? 'XD lol
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Yeah I just wanted to know why you picked the name. Ah the infamous Missingno...its like it was just yesterday that i was sitting with my friends at recess discussing if it was real or not. Good times XD
Last edited by TheEnigma on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CirilloPrimo

Post by CirilloPrimo »

Wanna hear a weird pokemon story?!?!?!?! 0,0
I was the only one among my old friends back when we played Red/Blue Gold/Silver to have a link cable so we could battle. So one day the cord got yet and when we tried to battle each other, The guy I was facing was giovanni for some strange reason and when the pokeball was thrown it was giovanni who emerged from the same pokeball!
Anyway my usernames for most sites are OblivionZ.C., SoraOblivion, Shinigami_Sama, and my aim is Ninjartis17
I usually want to just have Z.C. for it but sometimes the site says its too short or its taken :(
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

Hello yourself young man d:T wrote:
Will i enjoy it? 8D lol
I'll make it very enjoyable.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

As I've said before, I use the nickname nobodyknows/ ~nobodyknows~ on almost every site that I frequent as a member.
However, as far as MMOs are concerned, I will usually go with a name that's more deep-rooted in mythology, or with a name
that sounds german...
hidora

Post by hidora »

I think hidora was my 1st username ever. Whenever I cant use that, I use something like hidora_ or hidora_iuri (Iuri is my 1st name, btw).
CirilloPrimo wrote:Wanna hear a weird pokemon story?!?!?!?! 0,0
I was the only one among my old friends back when we played Red/Blue Gold/Silver to have a link cable so we could battle. So one day the cord got yet and when we tried to battle each other, The guy I was facing was giovanni for some strange reason and when the pokeball was thrown it was giovanni who emerged from the same pokeball!
You remember all that talk about clonning pokemon back on the day? Well, my friend discovered a way to use the link cable to "clone" a pokemon, but instead of clonning, it made one of the pokemon being traded disappear to have 2 of the the other.

That friend did that quite sometimes and knew exactly how to choose which pokemon was gonna disappear. Well, that was what I (and he) thought until the day he missed it and his Lv100 carefully raised dragonite got glitched (it wasnt clonned, the other pokemon wasnt deleted, its name changed to something similar to those data bugs on IMOQ, and some of its parameters went insanely high or ridiculously low. Also, if he would put that dragonite on the pc, all pokemons on the box where it was would be deleted as soon as he turned off the power).

After that, whenever he tried to use that dragonite to fight another player, the thing you said happened. Also, sometimes it was a purple kingler (or whatever's called that giant crab thing, I dont remember) or a pink meowth with a life bar 5 times bigger than normal and then the game freeze.