Random facts about YOU!

Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

Vallen

Re: Random facts about YOU!

Post by Vallen »

Falions wrote:
Vallen wrote:I finished my Master Degree a few weeks ago - which means I'm fully done with university now. Feels kinda strange since to me it seems like I graduated high school not that long ago either, yet here I am done uni and even a masters now.
Hell yeah, congrats! I just got the news the other day that I will 100% be studying in Tokyo this fall for a whole year. My undergraduate is still far from over, and I too am on the long road of academia... I don't mind, though! I live to study!

I actually joined this forum when I was in 12th grade. High school feels so close yet so far!
Thanks! Yup, and we'll be expecting great things from you over there as a fan of .hack (that means if you don't find and threaten CC2 and Bandai to make more .hack, you've failed the mission) ;)
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote:I finished my Master Degree a few weeks ago - which means I'm fully done with university now. Feels kinda strange since to me it seems like I graduated high school not that long ago either, yet here I am done uni and even a masters now.
d(^_^) congrats on finishing your Masters! What are your plans now that your main education has finished?
Falions wrote:Hell yeah, congrats! I just got the news the other day that I will 100% be studying in Tokyo this fall for a whole year. My undergraduate is still far from over, and I too am on the long road of academia... I don't mind, though! I live to study!

I actually joined this forum when I was in 12th grade. High school feels so close yet so far!
^(^ - ^)^ Thats good to hear, hope the weather will have cooled down when you head over~ Becareful of the pesky subway and overcrowded trains when over there,especially if you are getting the 9am or before services to class.

?-? I have no clue what grades can't as, its a different system here lol
Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote: ?-? I have no clue what grades can't as, its a different system here lol
Google tells me it's 6th form? Basically it was my final year of high school before university.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:
SSJScygoku wrote: ?-? I have no clue what grades can't as, its a different system here lol
Google tells me it's 6th form? Basically it was my final year of high school before university.
xD ah that makes more sense~ Just for us its Primary -> Secondary -> College/University
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I am a Random Fact :3
Also i miss being green :c
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

This place... Feels like a purgatory.

RF: I'm a vocalist in a band now.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Deleted my facebook account not too long ago. It was too much of a distraction and only used it to see what former co-workers and friends were doing. Funny thing, a lot of them just ended up posting memes lol. I've been meaning to delete it for months after Cambridge Analytica. Finally did after dropping Brave Frontier which needed it to log in.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Wow it's been a while since I posted, how is there only one week left in August? Summer flew by!
I see the .hack franchise is once again in limbo, not that surprising I suppose, though that does remind me that I never finished replaying LR.
And on a side note, what's up with this forum? I see signatures got nuked and emojis are no longer functioning either lol.
SSJScygoku wrote:(^_^) congrats on finishing your Masters! What are your plans now that your main education has finished?

This was/is a very productive summer, I've been pursuing and completing many things that relate to my career and life, and a lot of positive changes are happening for me. It's all very exciting but at a cost of me being super busy, I have so little free time now ^_^'
zerokoolpsx wrote:Deleted my facebook account not too long ago. It was too much of a distraction and only used it to see what former co-workers and friends were doing. Funny thing, a lot of them just ended up posting memes lol.
Yup, I also deleted most of my social media a few years ago. I realized most people on there had no relevance to my life, all my friends have my number, and all professional connections are on my linkedin, so there wasn't much point to FB.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote: This was/is a very productive summer, I've been pursuing and completing many things that relate to my career and life, and a lot of positive changes are happening for me. It's all very exciting but at a cost of me being super busy, I have so little free time now ^_^'
:3 Glad to hear things are going your way Vallen,well except from Summer flying by though I hope you get some more free time soon~
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

TheSorrow wrote:I am a Random Fact :3
Also i miss being green :c
Sorrow-kun returned <3

Also glad to see everybody is doing well here. Need to come visit and post more but life tends to get in the way lately.

And congrats on that Masters, Vallen!
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

Things have changed since the last time I was here.

I’ve adopted another kid! An awesome girl who I’m getting into .hack! The concept fascinates her.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

ReiMehari wrote:Things have changed since the last time I was here.

I’ve adopted another kid! An awesome girl who I’m getting into .hack! The concept fascinates her.
^-^ congrats on adopting another kid~

:P Ooh another dothacker in the making,though make sure she is wary of other anime with a similar concept like everybody's favourite SAO~
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

I'm also glad to see everyone here doing well in their lives, that's so great to see.
TheEnigma wrote:Also glad to see everybody is doing well here. Need to come visit and post more but life tends to get in the way lately.

And congrats on that Masters, Vallen!
Thank you! :)
ReiMehari wrote:Things have changed since the last time I was here.

Good on you, if there were more people like you then the world would have been a better place.
Flagon_15

Post by Flagon_15 »

I've discovered the .hack universe thirteen days ago, and finished the first season and //liminality yesterday. While binging Shoukoku no Altair in the same timeframe. While working on my master's degree. While translating FORTY articles like this for a contract; as a result, my mind is a mess of Russian investments in the real estate market, Renaissance era Turk aesthetics, isekai daydreams and random facts about political parties in Western Europe from 1871 to 1914.
I don't know how I'm alive.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

I finished Gurren Lagann finally. I hate to say it, but its better than Kill La Kill. I watched Kill La Kill first and there was a lot of comparisons to it. It also made by the same people who made Gurren Lagann. That ending though. Only thing I wished was that Kamina offered words of encouragement to Yoko like how he did to Simon.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

zerokoolpsx wrote:I finished Gurren Lagann finally. I hate to say it, but its better than Kill La Kill. I watched Kill La Kill first and there was a lot of comparisons to it. It also made by the same people who made Gurren Lagann. That ending though. Only thing I wished was that Kamina offered words of encouragement to Yoko like how he did to Simon.
Gurren Lagann is probably my favorite anime ever. Maybe I just watched it at the right time that I needed it, but a lot of the themes and lessons in the show really helped me move forward at a rough time, and still do to this day. JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!?!
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

I used to be a hardcore anime watcher, I kept up with shows every season. However when I got out of university and started working full time, for the past while I have no time for anything. So I recently started up a ritual of sorts where I pick 4-anime that are on Netflix and watch an episode of each every Fri/Sat night while I make food or iron my clothes or do online banking etc. It's only 2h of anime a week and it's easy to have them playing while I do chores and stuff. Been enjoying this method so far.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:39 pm It's only 2h of anime a week and it's easy to have them playing while I do chores and stuff. Been enjoying this method so far.
^.^ its still better than no hours of anime but it would be nice if you had more free time in which to enjoy watching anime rather than limiting to certain times,but hey it gives you something to look forward to every friday.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

SSJScygoku wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:16 pm
Vallen wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:39 pm It's only 2h of anime a week and it's easy to have them playing while I do chores and stuff. Been enjoying this method so far.
^.^ its still better than no hours of anime but it would be nice if you had more free time in which to enjoy watching anime rather than limiting to certain times,but hey it gives you something to look forward to every friday.
Yup ^_^
Brings back memories of waiting every week for it to finally be Friday to catch the Friday night anime block they had playing on TV over here when I was a kid haha
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:27 pm Yup ^_^
Brings back memories of waiting every week for it to finally be Friday to catch the Friday night anime block they had playing on TV over here when I was a kid haha
xD those were the days,then you realised after that instead of staying up super late to watch one episode (sometimes it was midnight/1am here) of anime you could buy the whole series and not bound like regular mortals. You became the master of when the anime aired xD