Dothackers @ Anime Central 2009! [TIME FINALIZED!]

Important Announcements, including the forum rules
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Dothackers @ Anime Central 2009! [TIME FINALIZED!]

Post by Kuukai »

Greetings fellow dothackers!

d5t and I are both planning to attend the Chicago anime convention ACen next year. Panel submissions aren't being accepted yet, but if things work out we are planning to do one, either about .hack or about running a fansite. If things really work out, we may even be giving away some stuff! I'm interested in finding out how many users think they'd (be able to and want to) go.

EDIT: The panel will be from 2 to 3pm on Friday, May 8th in the Narita Room. See the news for full details!
milliennium_fox

Re: Dothackers @ ACen?

Post by milliennium_fox »

Too far for me...=P If you go through with it though, take some pics!
Maromi
moo.
moo.

Post by Maromi »

Maybe I'll plan a road trip to Chicago. I'm only a few states away, really, and I've driven farther. I love any excuse to go on a road trip. Ain't doing no cosplay shiat, though. : D

Plus, d5t owes me a drink or something.
Retribution

Post by Retribution »

I might, depending on how much $$ I have. Nothing good ever happens in NJ anyways.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I would if I didn't have such major health issues preventing me from traveling. I'll try and see if I can get down there for my burfday or something.

And admit it, if I was there, most of you guys would cream yourselves at being able to touch me.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

I live in Georgia. Too far. Although, I agree with milliennium_fox about sending pictures.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

I hate you guys, srsly.
You should've had it on the West Coast... preferrably Sakura-Con. >>

But yes, if you do go through with that, pictures must be taken.
LegendaryDarkKnight
Mediocre Madness
Mediocre Madness

Post by LegendaryDarkKnight »

Since I live in St. Louis I could easily get there by bus. Just give me some dates.
Aera

Post by Aera »

woo! I live in chicago!
Kouen
The Crimson Dusk
The Crimson Dusk

Post by Kouen »

I live all the way in the land of moose and beavers so no.

Although I hope you go through with this so that life returns back to dothackers again.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Well, that's cool, that's like... six people...
LegendaryDarkKnight wrote:Since I live in St. Louis I could easily get there by bus. Just give me some dates.
May 8-10, the website has all the location details.
Kouen wrote:I live all the way in the land of moose and beavers so no.
All of which you put on that craaaazy money of yours. C'mon, it's only about eight hours to get to Chicago from the tip of Ontario. Seven if you travel at the speed of America.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Maromi wrote:Maybe I'll plan a road trip to Chicago. I'm only a few states away, really, and I've driven farther. I love any excuse to go on a road trip. Ain't doing no cosplay shiat, though. : D

You can chill at my apartment and play some rock band. 8)

We should make a news post when the date gets closer - that'll bring attention to the masses.
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

You know, if by some unfathomable miracle I had some LARGE amount of money, I'd so go there for this, if only to meet like 5 of you and finally buy GU since I'd be in the states BUT here's a little spoiler-don't count on it :D
d5t wrote:We should make a news post when the date gets closer - that'll bring attention to the masses.

On a different forum for a different convention, since the majority of people are within a smaller area, more easily reachable then the broadness of the united states, we have these little get-together's every now and then aptly titled 'Meet-ups'. We organize the date, time and place in advanced(Couple weeks to a couple of months depending on how big they are).

We then have a general idea or impression of what we'll be doing(Fancy talk for if it's christmas we'll have a christmas party, if it's new years we'll have a new years party) and pretty much leave it open for anyone to come along.

You keep updating people with information as required, so that way people can keep up to date with everything going on.

It's all basic logic stuff but it works out well for us down here (and the people who organize them sometimes would easily ask you 'what is this logic you speak of').

I'm just throwing that to you guys as a suggestion. I mean sure, you might think there's some risk involved with something like this, but we've been doing that stuff since 2005 and not once has there been any creepy bastard who was stalking us. there is often a bastard who either annoys people or is disliked by people who shows up, but they tell you in advanced and aren't creepy.
Azalan

Post by Azalan »

If I was able to go. I would for sure. It would be fun. I haven't ever been to an anime con before.
.Ailynea.

Post by .Ailynea. »

Perhaps if the parasite in my stomach decides to enter the world as a thriving individual body by then I'll go. The date is just to close to call right now though. It'd give me a good excuse to go see my uncle and scope apartments.
LegendaryDarkKnight
Mediocre Madness
Mediocre Madness

Post by LegendaryDarkKnight »

.Ailynea. wrote:Perhaps if the parasite in my stomach decides to enter the world as a thriving individual body by then I'll go. The date is just to close to call right now though. It'd give me a good excuse to go see my uncle and scope apartments.
We should be room mates.
d5t wrote:
Maromi wrote:Maybe I'll plan a road trip to Chicago. I'm only a few states away, really, and I've driven farther. I love any excuse to go on a road trip. Ain't doing no cosplay shiat, though. : D

You can chill at my apartment and play some rock band. 8)

We should make a news post when the date gets closer - that'll bring attention to the masses.
Can I come stay with you too? :D
Rental Daughter
BURRNN MY BREEADD
BURRNN MY BREEADD

Post by Rental Daughter »

I'd go... if it weren't so far away. orz Go to AX, then I'll go. XDD;
azureeagle
Ride on Shooting Star
Ride on Shooting Star

Post by azureeagle »

Nope. I lives in California.

Though I'm going to Anime Expo and Comic Con though so I could probably do some filming there.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Well, overall Chicago is closer to Georgia, Canada, California, etc. than any of those places are to each other, so think of it as some sort of compromise. At one point there was actually a plan to move the capital of the U.S. to southern Illinois in order to be in the middle of everything, but everyone realized southern Illinois sucks so the plan was scrapped...
Tr@15

Post by Tr@15 »

hey ill go