Who is your favorite dothack character?

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

GKnight

Re: Who is your favorite dothack character?

Post by GKnight »

Kite, 'cause he does things...
Portmonster

Post by Portmonster »

Mine would be ether Piros the 3rd or Divine Fist Ouka
Fluri

Post by Fluri »

SIGN - Tsukasa and Sora, but Tsukasa the best *_*
IMOQ - Kite! He's a rare example of a really nice MC <3 Also Elk, maybe because at first he reminds me of Tsukasa :D
DUSK - Reki, I love this type of characters - serious and calm but stuck with a goofy boss (Balmung)
G.U. - Azure Kite was really great! His voice is awesome :D And every area where you goes with him started to glitch now and then. Also Endrance, because I really don't liked this character at first (in trailers and concept arts), but when I learned from a friend he IS Elk I... it was very unexpected +__+ And after I played games he's become one of my favourite character in all .hack series - such a tragic story :'( And I like Alkaid very much - to me she's a best girl in G.U. Pi too.
I saw some videos from LINK on you tube and I think I like Metronome. Again - I just have soft spot for this type :D

I like almost all characters in .hack, and there is only a few characters I don't very fond - Atoli (she was nice at the begining, but all her hysterics about 'Look at ME!!!' is just so childish and selfish. I understand Sakaki in the end of Volume 2 when he gives his Atoli's parody speech ><) And I don't very like Yata/Wiseman. Ovan too. And... I think Haseo was more bad-ass at the begining. In 3th volume after receiving his X-form he become very bishi even for me =/ And very Marty Sue with a whole harem around him. Kite was better for me as MC.

Resuming all - I love Tsukasa, Kite and Endrance/Elk the best!
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

SIGN: Sora (cause ***** hilarious and english voice is appealing for some reason.

IMOQ: Mia (sexyness)

G.U.: Shino (so kind and caring)

Post by Avatar_Crim »

Well, mine is prolly obvious I guess going by my name, but mine is definitely Crim :P
Falions

Post by Falions »

Avatar_Crim wrote:Well, mine is prolly obvious I guess going by my name, but mine is definitely Crim :P
I could have never guessed!

I'd have to say my favourite is probably Bear. Back when I was a kid, he pretty much changed my whole damn life! That story he told about how he wondered what happened to the world inside of the game whenever he would reset it, it made me reconsider how I look at games--forever.
Albireo Deschain

Post by Albireo Deschain »

I liked Ovan the most
He just got into my heart with his big brother role - It never worked in other storys

But I'm also a fan of:
Zelkova, Albireo, Hermit, Midori, Haseo (grown up), Macha and Elk
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Yesterday i fell and dropped my breakfast.
Hello! One of my favorite characters is Ohm rice.

He just makes me laugh a lot and he seems like an interesting fella... You could say i'm a fan...

Also i love Heavy, from IMOQ... Just because i'm so lagged at times when i play MMORPGs i feel identified!

All Azure knights because their silence makes them so... Interesting and they're so silly.

Oh yes... Kitty Laddle! How to forget her?... And her age is... Wow :3

Endrance... Because he never gave up with his love... And i love that...

And last but not least...

Bo~ Because his passive personality made me fall in love~
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

Project .hack : A-20. Honestly, she's so much like me when I play an MMO, we're noobies together!

Project G.U. : Tabby, she's an idiot like me. We'll probably be BFFs, haha. (And now everyone will hate me in this forum!).

Projet Link : Klarinette. Such a beautiful name for a beautiful, graceful lady. <3
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Dasha wrote:(And now everyone will hate me in this forum!).
For liking Tabby? At least it's not Shino -Insert silly smile face-

Oh. Mai. Gawd! How did i forget!!

I want to take this post to apologize and to add another pair of characters i love...

IYOTEN & Asta

Calm down peeps... They're dicks, i know! They PK newbies! I know! They steal their newbies' items and level up killing people... Coordinate perfectly to kill their pray and hunt mercilessly! So like me(and my brother, or any best friend i find) in any MMORPG that has a PK feature! Except that i would be Asta :P
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

Yeah. l_l I remember back in the days of the Roots anime, only a few liked her. I was sooo happy when she was revealed as one of the characters for Redemption, sadly she doesn't have much of a role.

Shino was ok to me. Though I prefer her original color scheme (white with pink hair).

And I agree about IYOTEN and Asta, actually they were my favorite PKs. I wish they'd give their member address to Haseo at the end of Redemption.
Azure Rogue

Post by Azure Rogue »

Ovan is my favorite. I love the role he plays and the mystery surrounding him throughout the series. The composure he maintains throughout everything really caught my attention because it always made me want to know how much more was going on behind all of it. The caring attitude really came through as well, even when he was seen as this distant, frustrating leader, he always acted in the best interest of everyone.

Next to him, I really like Alkaid. Such a tough, rough and tumble character.
hitman555z

Post by hitman555z »

Kite. He was a normal player with no special qualities compared to anyone else, just in the wrong place at the wrong time and gets saved by aura. Orca was given the book initially and he gets the role of savior.

Haseo. He was initially a PKer in the initial The World and becomes a PKK who also matures as he develops bonds with other people.

Tsukasa. He/she is essentially in SIGN, IMOQ, and GU. Love his/her character.
Matroska

Post by Matroska »

The characters that are most symbolic of the series for me are Kite, Tsukasa and Haseo, for obvious reasons. The character I most wanted in my party though, my waifu, if you will, is Alkaid. I think Atoli's a good character too. On one hand I find her kind of annoying, she's quite preachy and can be annoyingly naive, but yet her thing about appreciating the game world, and how it might be "fake" but the emotions you feel from it are still real, totally resonated with me when GU first came out, and again when I played Last Recode yesterday.

I wonder... has anyone said Gaspard?
Bullet Biter

Post by Bullet Biter »

I posted in this thread 5 years ago (seriously?!) and would've thought my favorite character would change, but it's still Ovan. lol I've got a new found appreciation for Shino over the years as well.

I guess I like the quietly suffering types.  then again that's everyone in GU isn't it?

@Matroska - Gaspard is adorable. I'd fight for him. (ง'̀-'́)ง
Deltaizumik

Post by Deltaizumik »

My list of favorites:

1. Endrance
2. Elk
3. Yata
4. Zelkolva
5. Subaru
6. Reki
7. Crim
8. Sanjuro
9. Mistral
10. Metronome
affinity

Post by affinity »

I'm very new to the series but I did watch Sign and Roots about a decade ago,

Currently my two favorites are Tsukasa for  that casual transgender rep (If I'm remembering it correctly), and relating to him a lot despite him coming from the opposite angle of me.

And now BlackRose because she turns out to be a really interesting and has similar experiences that I've recently been dealing with too. Including finding out that she plays tennis, shortly after I started playing XD (admittingly mario tennis but hey)