.hack//G.U. Last Recode

Vallen

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Post by Vallen »

k-su wrote:This possible news would tear me up, but I already committed to buying copies from each region to support the series. It just means I won't have to insert a disk when I play and I'll have one less box on the shelf. I'll reserve my dread for an official statement from the horse's mouth, though.
I got in touch with a company that makes physical releases for digital games. They said they'll look into this for me and will give it a shot since they've published Namco's digital games in limited physical runs in the past.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote:I got in touch with a company that makes physical releases for digital games. They said they'll look into this for me and will give it a shot since they've published Namco's digital games in limited physical runs in the past.
:P I saw the tweet,I just hope if they manage to do a release then they'll use the pre-order model and not a set amount like they did with Skull Girls.

A dothacker on FB asked EB Games Australia if they were doing physical or digital pre-orders and they replied on FB (https://www.facebook.com/EBGamesAus/pos ... 4550073890) that they checked with their Buying Team and currently its for physical copies. Though that may change.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Just looking at the image I don't there should be anything to worry about. It seems more like there was some confusing information going around. Overall however the slide states its for the PS4 too on the left side.

Falions

Post by Falions »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:Just looking at the image I don't there should be anything to worry about. It seems more like there was some confusing information going around. Overall however the slide states its for the PS4 too on the left side.

Gamestop has "Pre-order download," i.e., "pre-order digital" on the page for it. Again, I still haven't seen Bamco say anything officially yet, but who knows... pisses me off that Accel World x SAO is getting a physical release but the grand daddy of both series might not be.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

Falions wrote:Gamestop has "Pre-order download," i.e., "pre-order digital" on the page for it. Again, I still haven't seen Bamco say anything officially yet, but who knows...
Perhaps no one has found the physical pre-order page and only were able to find the pre-order digital page on GameStop, or perhaps GameStop hasn't added the pre-order physical page since it's still in development.

I imagine there is a possibility the physical PS4 disc (if any), the PS4 digital release, and the Steam port may have two teams involved. And these 3 teams may be at different levels of completion from one another.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

We wait for Namco Bandai to confirm or deny this with an official release date press announcement. Give it a few weeks max.
coslink

Post by coslink »

I don't think it is the end of the world if there is not a physical release. The way i see it, the physical is a bonus.
We got a remaster (even if its in japanese)
Then we learnt it was a western release for ps4 and PC
THEN we learnt it was coming to our respected regions

So i'm thankful that its coming to the west in this format. Yeah it sucks there are rumours of a digital release, but lets be so grateful its coming at all. I'll be the first to say i'm bummed if its only digital, but i just can't wait to play this game again!

Heck I would be over the moon for a ps2 classics port, let alone a HD remaster. :D
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I would try not to expect too much that hasn't been announced or hinted at as far as new content for Last Recode. This is definitely a market test for new games, they've said so, and there might be some stuff that's still secret, but basically I wouldn't expect anything they're hiding to be any bigger in scale than .hack//Versus at the most (which isn't exactly small, secret OVA and all, but still sort of sample-size). Content changes to focus on are the fact that they expanded the wedding event, that they included the Terminal Disc content in the game, and that they have the "someday" scene. I think other changes might be along those lines. Their resolution notes hint that they're still including the bonus joke videos from the first release. The movie viewer may be the vehicle for the Terminal Disc and new scene, and the Terminal Disc may be a good place to address some retcons (but who knows?) since they're intending this as a launchpad into the whole .hack series for new fans. (G.U.+Terminal Disc+Possible Haseo timeskip to the future is a pretty good choice)
Erroneous wrote:
(Phantom) Thief wrote:Also on a side note however where's Kuukai in all of this, normally he'd be all over this? Heck with his connections I half expected them to be working with CC2 on this.
Maybe got in too deep and had to sign a non-disclosure agreement, thus inability to participate in the conversation.
Unfortunately that's not the case, but that means now I can join the Returners here. I'm actually considering doing a livestream of this game with commentary when it comes out in Japan.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

coslink wrote:I don't think it is the end of the world if there is not a physical release. The way i see it, the physical is a bonus.
:P Glad to see you posting after so long~

^_^ Well at the very least it gives people a chance to buy the games without need to worry about the pre-owned discs condition and now we have a way to show support for a .hack game in the west once again~ I'd imagine if the EU release was physical then sales would be high due to importing but either way i'll be supporting every release :)

^^' not sure why people knock the price of $50 (assuming that becomes official) for a digital game as Last Recode is essentially 3 games in 1,improved and with extras and lets face it just one of the G.U. games costs that if not more.
Tron

Post by Tron »

They're slowly updating the official site for the remaster and-
http://hackgul.bn-ent.net/story/
Well now.
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

So try.

It's obviously telling players to stop procrastinating and try the game. :V
Kite

Post by Kite »

Kinda wish it was the first 4. Mabey too old. Hopefully if this works we could get ps2 classics or something.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

I'm eagerly awaiting a second trailer with (hopefully) and Japanese CE, will pre-order it instantly!

PS - Photobucket changed their terms of service and screwed everyone who used them to hotlink. A big chunk of past posts with images in them got messed up. It's a hassle to update everything with Imgur, going through dozens of pages of my posts. UGHHHH
mewho

Post by mewho »

Vallen wrote:I'm eagerly awaiting a second trailer with (hopefully) and Japanese CE, will pre-order it instantly!

PS - Photobucket changed their terms of service and screwed everyone who used them to hotlink. A big chunk of past posts with images in them got messed up. It's a hassle to update everything with Imgur, going through dozens of pages of my posts. UGHHHH
Good luck to you in this venture!
As for myself, I'll be following suit and placing a pre-order when possible.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

For those in the UK you can pre-order on GAME's website though i'm assuming its for a physical copy xD https://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/store ... alogSearch

Post by Avatar_Crim »

can i just have it now. im ready now haha.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Vallen wrote:I'm eagerly awaiting a second trailer with (hopefully) and Japanese CE, will pre-order it instantly!

Ugh, really? Reminds me of when imgshack went down and 70% of all forum posts lost their images. It's such a pain.
Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

^-^ you can pre-order on amazon.com and Gamestop,just be aware that Gamestop has a listing for the digital copy aswell~
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0743 ... UTF8&psc=1
Thank (God) Aura !!!

(also on gamestop's and namco's online stores, hooray for physical edition)