Hunting These Games Down 2015

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

Vallen

Hunting These Games Down 2015

Post by Vallen »

So I am making a post about hunting these games down today, end of 2015 as of this writing. I noticed older discussions from 2010 and earlier, when the games could be found for $30 each relatively easily, but those prices don't really apply today.

I used to own .hack//Infection and //Mutation - but sold both games when I got my ps3 back in the day (stupid decision, I know..)
I rented and played the last 2 games, but never owned them (my local Blockbuster used to have all of them, and when it had the store closing sale the games were $15 each....and I didn't buy them....another stupid decision)

Well now I finally decided to hunt down these games and buy them, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. eBay sellers are in full retard mode, asking for $70+ for the first 3 games each and like $150+ for Quarantine. I am also picky when it comes to getting the full package, so games that are missing the case/manual/ or OVA dvd are not for me.

Any suggestions where I could look would be appreciated. So far the only two options are Amazon and eBay, and the third option of going around to used game stores (and I don't know any in my area, nor do I think they would have such old games at this point). Help!
Falions

Re: Hunting These Games Down 2015

Post by Falions »

The first 3 are pretty easy to find for good prices on American Amazon. You won't be paying less than $90 for Quarantine, sorry.

I found all G.U. games at a used game store in 2013 for $20 because they didn't know their rarity. You just gotta keep your eyes open for deals like that, or just bite the bullet and buy them online. Good luck!

Post by Avatar_Crim »

i guess i got lucky having a buddy needing quick cash willing to sell me all 4 games and all 3 g.u. mint with everything in them for like $175.

i know the prices won't be the cheapest, but when i go to anime conventions i'll come across the infection and mutation pretty often, but they always sell usually within the first day of the con. but i guess thats one way to look?
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Amazon seems like the best bet, usually IMO can be found for decent prices used though you may get lucky and find a cheaper price on ebay depending on the seller. Best to make sure they say in the comments about having the DVD included @.@

I'm not too familar with american online stores that sell games but occasionally checking stores is always a good idea,never know what you'll find.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

I guess I better compile a list of used games stores in my town and pick out a day that I will visit them :I
Fingers crossed and wish me luck lol
Falions

Post by Falions »

Vallen wrote:I guess I better compile a list of used games stores in my town and pick out a day that I will visit them :I
Call them beforehand and ask. For a good half a year I was known as "The .hack Guy" throughout the city because I would call every single store EVERY Monday (and I had a huge list, since I live in Toronto) and ask if they had any in stock.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Falions wrote:
Vallen wrote:I guess I better compile a list of used games stores in my town and pick out a day that I will visit them :I
Call them beforehand and ask. For a good half a year I was known as "The .hack Guy" throughout the city because I would call every single store EVERY Monday (and I had a huge list, since I live in Toronto) and ask if they had any in stock.
YO, I live in Toronto too! Which stores you called LOL - I might have a head start thanks to you :prayer:
Falions

Post by Falions »

Vallen wrote:
Falions wrote:
YO, I live in Toronto too! Which stores you called LOL - I might have a head start thanks to you :prayer:
This makes things so much easier! There are many stores to look at in Toronto, but there are two where I find them most commonly, even now.
The first is Game Center located at Bloor, where I found all 3 G.U. games for $20 almost three years ago now. I've seen them pop up there every now and then again, but priced closer to their usual prices.
The other is A&C Games, which has a beautiful new location in Chinatown, where I bought Quarantine for $100 (Don't have to pay for shipping, at least)
And they usually have the others too, since I regularly see them there.

Those two are probably your best bet. Aside from those, however, there are many more:
Game Center has another location on the Danforth.
There is a pawn shop on the Danforth called Buy & Sell Kings that have a large selection of video games.
Gamerama at Yonge & Eglinton, while unlikely, is worth a call.
Game Shack in the Atrium (it's underground, and they have a pretty good selection too)
There is also a new one that opened maybe 6 months ago a few blocks down from Game Center at Bloor. I don't remember the name, but it's a small place that's on the curb. It overprices its games since it's new, though (I saw NIER there for $79.99 on X360, which is usually much cheaper than its PS3 counterpart)

You should always keep an eye out on Kijiji. I once saw someone selling Quarantine for $60, and I also got a figure of Elk for $10 from someone once too. The manga occasionally also pops up (I got all of Legend of the Twilight for $15)

Finally, they are almost always at Anime North, but disappear after the first two days. I always go annually.

Toronto is a rich city for video game enthusiasts! You should always be looking. Also, whereabouts do you live? Are you a student?
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Waw thank you so much, gonna start calling them! I live in Richmond Hill, but it's easy to go downtown for me, I go at least once a week anyway. Yeah I am a student. This is actually a really big help, will make things easier since I am not familiar with used game stores all that much :)
Falions

Post by Falions »

Vallen wrote:Waw thank you so much, gonna start calling them! I live in Richmond Hill, but it's easy to go downtown for me, I go at least once a week anyway. Yeah I am a student. This is actually a really big help, will make things easier since I am not familiar with used game stores all that much :)
Nice! I too am a student, but I've lived here all my life. I always felt like the only dot hacker in the city!!

But yes, make sure to call first so you don't waste money coming down. They'll be able to tell you over the phone if they have them or not and you can put them on hold too.
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

I can't believe these games cost so much now.

Even for those high prices, I don't think I could part with mine.