How did you get into .hack//sign or hack series in general?

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

databug

Re: How did you get into .hack//sign or hack series in gener

Post by databug »

for me it will be kite preforming a Data Drain at my shoulder, and then having the data drain weave and spiral down my arm. i think that would be way cool. i am saving up a bit because it will cost a lot of $
Mod

Post by Mod »

Hmm, I started looking at //SIGN after having viewed //Roots when this one was airing. As both series were not that much related, this hasn't been problematic, contrary to what I thought first.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

*jumping in from another realm within the forum*

I saw a short gameplay trailer of .hack//MUTATION, and it intrigued me enough to snag my interest.
Then I saw the manga-LOTTB-on sale in a local book store, and my love of the series grew outwards from that point.
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

I saw an ad in a gaming magazine. I thought the non-online "online game" was a cool concept, but never thought I'd actually pick it up.

Then one day I was in Best Buy, and I saw the game for about $30. I too a chance [I wasn't a huge RPG fan, and especially hated turn-based battles] and bought it.

Needless to say, there ere no turn-based battles to be found.

And I have been hooked ever since.
Xeph

Post by Xeph »

For me i just walked into Blockbuster one day and saw Mutation in the marked down for sale section and picked it up lol. I Don't know what drew me to it o.o guess you can say it was fate haha, but ever since then I've been mmmm i don't want to say obsessed but rather.....ok yea ill say obsessed with the .hack franchise xP
Zeroke

Post by Zeroke »

For me, it was around 2:00 in the morning when I suddenly saw this weird show playing on my television. It was .Hack// LOTB, as I later learned, and for weeks I tried to stay up for as long as possible to watch it. I failed, in the end. Disappointed, I later went to the Hollywood Video store. To my surprise, I found a game that had the same characters from the show, on the cover. The game was Mutation from the first game series. I was so happy I rented it instantly. Ever since then I have had a huge interest in .hack. I now know so much more than I did back when I was only 12 (Im 17 now, for those who dont know). To think, if I hadn't woken up during that night, I may not have noticed .hack...ah, memories...