Cosplay

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

FFR

Re: Cosplay

Post by FFR »

I cosplay as Balmung. Currently working on his armor so I usually only do his outfit from Login 10 in the .Hack//Legend of the Twilight manga.

@shugo_lover:
Believe it or not there are a lot of talented people out there who can make amazing props and costumes. I either make or modify all my own costumes and props. Like me I am making Balmung's armor myself. It's not easy or cheap, but I enjoy it and it makes me happy.There are people on cosplay.com that make things out of their home that look like a hollywood effects team made them. It's simply amazing.

On another note. I don't know how many of you are familiar with conventions and skits, but I'll ask anyways. Me and my friend want to do a Dothack skit at a convention and I need some input on how to make it better. Anyways here's what I have so far.

Balmung and Kite enter the stage.
Balmung and Kite: Orca! Blackrose! Where are you guys?!
They stop mid stage and look around.
Kite: Balmung where do you think they could be? Do you think something bad happened to them?
Blamung: I don't know Kite. Lets hope nothing bad happened. Oh wait whats that?
Balmung points to something on the ground. Kite picks it up and looks it over.Kite: It's a piece of Orca's Armor!
Balmung takes and other look around and spots a few more items and looks them over.
Balmung: Heres some of Blackrose's armor and Orca's.
Kite: This can't be good.
Kite notices even more armor leading off.
Kite: Hey why don't we follow the armor. It might lead us to Orca and Balckrose.
Balmung agrees and they follow the trail of armor. The trail leads to a wooden door which kite opens and they both stick their head in. Balmung quickly retreats covering his mouth and blushing. Kite follows soon after.
Balmung: For the love of Aura! Orca how could you?!
Kite speechless sits in the corner.
Orca's Voice: Doesn't anyone know how to knock in this world?!
Blackrose's voice: Yeah!
End

So what do you guys think?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

LOL XD
I'm actually not familiar with skits, and the conventions i go to don't have any (or i just don't happen to see them as i'm either listening to the band/artist of the day or chasing cosplayers), but that sounds pretty damn funny and i like it. Not sure on how you could make it better, it looks great enough for me, but maybe it's just too short (again, not familiar with skits, don't know the average time of one, but yours would last 2 minutes at best with long acting, as in picking up the armor and analyzing it and stuff), and in such case then it would be good to add something else at the beginning, like them in a Data Bugs dungeon or something dangerous that would leave them worried like that. But keep the ending as it is, it's perfect.

Also, it would be great if you could share some pics of your cosplay with us :D Maybe even some tips or recommendations for any members in here interested in cosplaying but barely knowing how to start.
FFR

Post by FFR »

Sure I'm having a professional photoshoot done at the convention I am attending next week so I'll share those once I get them back.
AS for skits usually for only 2 people being in the actual skit you'd only get 1 and half to 2 minutes. And since it is done live on stage props that are easy to carry on and off are best. So simple things like the armor pieces and a "wooden" door (most likely a piece of cloth made up to look like a door) would be ideal props for this sort fo thing.
Cosplaying tips. Hmm well it's a lot of work making costumes and you have to take your time or it will turn out badly. ON the site cosplay.com all the members talk about cosplay and help each other. There are even people you can talk to about paying them to make a costume for you. "commissioning" is the term for that.
Often times I take part in cosplay events like human chess matches and dating games. At the convention next week I am in a Death Match as Balmung. A Death Match is a series of one on one character battles where the crowd cheering determines who wins. So say it is me vs. Naruto the crowd might like me better so they cheer louder as a result I would "kill" Naruto on stage and move on to the next round. It's all very fun.
If someone does want more tips or anything they can message me or even catch me on cosplay.com under the username Ends Beginning.
FFR

Post by FFR »

I am attending a convention this weekend where me and a group of other Dot Hack cosplayers will be doing a photoshoot so I will be sure to put up a link so everyone can check out our group shoot as well as the professional one.
Kenji Shinomori

Post by Kenji Shinomori »

Well.. I dont exactly have the body of a dot hacker ;w; Or else id be all over it. So im just goin with Haseo's boots~ >W< Ill take picture in 5 months.. THIS FORUM BETTER STILL BE HAR ;w;
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Kenji Shinomori wrote:Ill take picture in 5 months.. THIS FORUM BETTER STILL BE HAR ;w;
It will, you can be sure of it!! :D
As long as dothackers is good on the hosting payment thingy, of course!!
And even so we still have plenty of piggy banks to be broken!! 8D lol
Kenji Shinomori

Post by Kenji Shinomori »

Gewd.
Geewd =3=;
This will help in my quest for WORLD DOMIN- I mean.. Candy =w= Yes.. Candy.
iLuvGaspard

Post by iLuvGaspard »

I cant seem to find any Gaspard
Cosplayer Images anywhere!!!!!!! :?
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

The cheapest and easiest to do probably Aura or Zeffie! (white long dress and long silver wig)
But you have to have pretty face and bright complexion to cosplay as Aura perfectly.

why does no one wants to cosplay as Piros 3???!
WolfHacker

Post by WolfHacker »

VirusCoreS wrote:The cheapest and easiest to do probably Aura or Zeffie! (white long dress and long silver wig)
But you have to have pretty face and bright complexion to cosplay as Aura perfectly.

why does no one wants to cosplay as Piros 3???!
I have been wondering the same thing! I would die if I could get a picture with a Piros 3 cosplay.

Ocra/Bear or BlackRose would probably be the cheapest and easiest cosplays, next to Aura and Crim.

I don't know why more people don't cosplay Dot Hackers, I mean come on! BlackRose, Ovan, Haseo, Kite, the series is filled with amazing characters.

*sniff* Why does no one reply to Dot Hack Gathering for Acen! Gah! I want closure! Don't leave Helba alone at Acen I need a character to battle.
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

WolfHacker wrote: I have been wondering the same thing! I would die if I could get a picture with a Piros 3 cosplay.

Ocra/Bear or BlackRose would probably be the cheapest and easiest cosplays, next to Aura and Crim.

I don't know why more people don't cosplay Dot Hackers, I mean come on! BlackRose, Ovan, Haseo, Kite, the series is filled with amazing characters.

*sniff* Why does no one reply to Dot Hack Gathering for Acen! Gah! I want closure! Don't leave Helba alone at Acen I need a character to battle.
.hack is lost to more hyped series I guess TTwTT
cosplaying 9/Tokio will be cheaper too, onely need custom jacket :D
tiwatogawa

Post by tiwatogawa »

twilight_keeper wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:17 am That's simply the effect of American Pop Culture. Well, from the otaku perspective at least. Mainly due to the fact that the common viewer and fan of anime has no idea about things that aren't advertised and/or presented on television. Also the fact that most series that were created before 2001 are rather unknown to the mass-populous at large.

You're right. Reviving anime series from before 2001 can be a treasure trove for new audiences. :shock:

Neon Genesis Evangelion (1995): Revolutionized the mecha genre with its psychological depth.
Cowboy Bebop (1998): A unique mix of science fiction and jazz that remains impactful.
Sailor Moon (1992): A pioneer in the magical girl genre and a symbol of female empowerment.
Dragon Ball Z (1989): Defined the action shonen genre and captured fans worldwide.
Trigun (1998): A futuristic Western that delves into moral themes through action and humor.
These series are not only fundamental to understanding the evolution of anime but also offer rich stories and memorable characters that can capture the interest of viewers of all ages.