Gaming Backlogs

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

Vallen

Gaming Backlogs

Post by Vallen »

I noticed as I get older, my gaming backlog grows larger. As a kid, I had time to beat games multiple times before moving on to something new, perhaps due to a lack of a personal income back then.

So I thought it would be cool to make a thread of our backlogs, that we can update over time as we tackle them, and to share strategies on how to deal with games that we never get around to playing.

For the sake of this topic, the games in your backlog should only include stuff you own that you have not yet played or not fully beaten. It can have games for any system of any age. But games that you have beaten and want to play again do not count. My current backlog is like so:

-SMT Digital Devil Saga 1 (PS2)
-SMT Digital Devil Saga 2 (PS2)
-SMT Devil Summoner 1 (PS2)
-SMT Devil Summoner 2 (PS2)
-SMT Nocturne (PS2)
-The Last Story (Wii)
-Pandora's Tower (Wii)
-Zone of the Enders HD (1+2) (PS3)
-Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City (PS3)
-Mass Effect 3 (PS3)
-Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)
-Tales of Symphonia HD (PS3)
-Final Fantasy X HD (PS3)
-Freedom Wars (Vita)
-Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (3DS)
-Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PS4)

All these games I bought, and most I have not even touched yet. I have other games that I am currently making my way through: like FF XV, P5, and Bloodborne - I wouldn't count them as backlog since I'm almost done with them. The games I listed, though, I fear lol. Most are JRPGs which take a while to beat.
Post your own backlog for us to see! And also, share some insight on how to deal with backlogs!

Re: Gaming Backlogs

Post by Avatar_Crim »

oh boy, my list is big, im not even going to include the older games i havent beaten yet. by older, ill stick with older than wii/360/ps3
and yes, sadly, these are games that i haven't beaten, but I will someday! lol

in no particular order:

-One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
-Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
-Hyrule Warriors
-One Piece World Red
-Link Between Worlds
-Bravely Default
-Dragon Age Inquisition
-Pier Solar
-South Park Stick of Truth
-Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
-Mario Galaxy 2
-Banjo Kazooie(rare replay, including the sequesl)
-Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
-Dragon Quest 7, 8, 9
-Metroid Prime Trilogy
-Fallout 3
-Final Fantasy IV
-Star Wars Force Unleashed
-Final Fantasy 7
-Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2
-dishonored 2
-final fantasy 15
-fallout 4
-devil may cry 4 Special edition
-Pokemon Moon
-Dark Souls 3
-Resident Evil 4 HD
-Deus Ex Human revolution
-Recore
-all the telltale games that i have(all of them that im aware of haha)
-Grandia 2 Anniversary edition
-Pillars of eternity
-Doom

oh, also, please don't hate me for these haha but, .hack//mutation, outbreak, and quarantine, and all 3 of the G.U. games as well.(at least i beat infection right?)
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Oh my, and I thought my list was big, Jesus haha!

So the thing with your backlog, I see some games I beat, and the good news is that some are short. For instance, The Force Unleashed is like an 8 hour game. Games like Devil May Cry and and South Park are also within a 15 hour range. You could do a game per weekend if you tried. So if I were you, I'd focus on clearing out the shorter games first.

As for me, I was thinking of maybe dedicating a schedule, perhaps 2 hours a day before sleep. That would basically be enough to beat a game every 2 weeks. It's also annoying how so much new stuff is releasing monthly!

Post by Avatar_Crim »

ah, yeah, i never really, look into the games length. going to be honest, thats not everything lol. thats pretty much 360/ps3/wii era and newer.(with exceptions)

I probably should work out a schedule to play stuff. It's tough for me to do that, because I am not a single player fan. I grew up playing multiplayer stuff on nintendo consoles, and sega. it was always with others. So I only play single player stuff when I don't have any friends online on xbox or something lol. It just happens to take priority. (its why im still only chapter 3 in ff15 lol) keep getting sucked into rocket league or battlefield 1 or something.