.hack SAO having alittle crossover?

SSJScygoku

.hack SAO having alittle crossover?

Post by SSJScygoku »

I saw this posted but my PC is acting up so can't google translate at the minute,not that it helps much ^^'

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/232/1232871/
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Re: .hack SAO having alittle crossover?

Post by Kaori »

Now we'll see who's superior. Personally, I like SAO better, and before you say it, DO NOT TELL ME OR POST ANYTHING ABOUT WHY IT SUCKS AROUND ME UNLESS YOU WANT ME TO START FLAMING, just say what you like about .hack, I don't wanna be the one to start it again after that last incident so as the future gov of California says:

Anyway, have a Video people.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xDVqYJcKWNQ
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

*Puke*

If it's just Kirito, ok then. Can't sand the girls in this series.
Kirito-kun.
Kirito-kun.
Kirito-kun.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Sinonon is the best, period, and what is the point of the crossover if its just kirito?
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

I like some of their designs, Sinon does look pretty. But I can't stand any of their personality. They are full of BS to me. Sorry. :t
MeteorD

Post by MeteorD »

The interview was kind of interesting, was nice to see someone professional discuss the .hack timeline in such a nostalgic manner.
Falions

SAO & .hack crossover

Post by Falions »

http://www.japanyay.com/index.php?id=do ... bile-Games

We've lost. Seeing this has honestly ruined my day.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

This reminded me of the IMOQ & G.U. crossovers in Little Tail Story.

And how CC2/Bamco are jerks and completely nuked any and all pages associated with that game. Not even the wayback machine is helping me dig up the lost crossover art. Hope someones archiving the heck outta the Guilty Dragon site info/assets...

On topic, cool yet another crossover promo to add to .hacks resumé!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

@.@ Considering it helps promote .hack, shows the SAO fans that their series wasn't the first in its genre and lastly for all the SAO haters they can still pick this up in the hopes of having Kite kick Kirito's ass since he is in your party in New World.

^^' tried to post in the other thread but it was deleted,no wonder the page didn't load.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

It sounds interesting... but it being a mobile game means I'm not going to end up playing it.
Adhemas

Re: .hack X SAO has happen

Post by Adhemas »

Saw it too. I actually like it. Many .hack fans hate SAO for obvious reasons but I think it would be fun seeing those worlds getting combined and .hack will get more popularity that way. There are probably many SAO and VR fans who aren't familiar with .hack but who would enjoy it as well if they knew more about it.
I also have to admit that I kinda enjoy the Accel World and SAO LNs - they aren't as good as .hack related stuff (atleast not SAO) but I think they're nice reads and I am too much of a sucker for the VR setting/genre I guess.
Falions

Post by Falions »

http://shinawa.tumblr.com/post/141034119907/saoxdothack

Here is a summary of the interview on Tumblr.
The comment by Futami Yosuke was the most interesting bit:
Speaking of myself and not as a part of Bandai Namco - of course I also play SAO and the mobile games - I share the feeling of wanting to play .hack on a console again and I hope such a chance arises in the next one or two years. No one knows if that can be realized but I pray for that day to come.
It gives me hope that there is at least one producer at Bamco who shares our dream.
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

That looks so wrong.

Vallen

Post by Vallen »

This is neat and all, but who cares? SAO fans are little kids who never experienced .hack greatness, and .hack fans are thirsty for a real new game (they also tend to hate SAO). So I don't know who this is aimed at?

I am deeply craving a PS4 .hack game, and this type of stuff only irritates me, they're wasting their time on things we don't need or want. imo

Post by Avatar_Crim »

crossover? i like crossovers? this should be interesting.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

I'm no fan of Sword Art Online, at all. I feel it took many of dot hack's concepts and dumbed them down and replaced them with unnecessary action scenes and idiotic love stories. However I do appreciate one of its producers coming forth and expressing their interest in another dot hack. A subtle nod of appreciation towards the series that they... well ripped off completely and made more "palatable" for the viewing public. I appreciate the gesture and it may get more people to recognize what dot hack is through this crossover idea.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Xu Yuan wrote:I'm no fan of Sword Art Online, at all. I feel it took many of dot hack's concepts and dumbed them down and replaced them with unnecessary action scenes and idiotic love stories. However I do appreciate one of its producers coming forth and expressing their interest in another dot hack. A subtle nod of appreciation towards the series that they... well ripped off completely and made more "palatable" for the viewing public. I appreciate the gesture and it may get more people to recognize what dot hack is through this crossover idea.
Yeah, it's essentially the awful moe otaku-pandering version of .hack for people into entry level stuff (like SNK, Kill la Kill, and so on)
I both understand and hate it. As much as we all love it, .hack is extremely niche. Especially when the most accessible of the content is stuff like SIGN or Roots, I can understand why people wouldn't like it.

As much as I love a lot of the things people criticize the animes for (like pacing), it was because it was the first real anime I sat down and watched all the way through with subtitles on when I was 8 (all through Megavideo no less, ah the memories) that I love it so much. It set a standard--I had no expectations before and I just assumed all anime was like this, and on top of it all I'm sure my attention span as an 8 year old was much larger than it is now. Though, I have no problem rewatching any of the series now, but that's because I genuinely still enjoy it.

Anyway, sorry to go off on a tangeant. My real reason for replying was to show you this great official chapter of SAO that goes to show just who the real audience for this garbage series is. Whenever people try to argue with me that it's Deep & Meaningful I just show them this. Even still some people go, "What's the harm in two people who love each other having sex?" as if they don't realize it's pointless to the plot. But, in SAO, this is the true plot of the series: how long will it take Kirito to boink the girl.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Precisely my issue. And this idiotic system is even starting to infect dot hack. Why make their first game of a new generation nothing but a harem game? Dot hack was beautifully balanced, it always had been. Every series had a near perfect equation of male and female importance.

AI Buster had Hokuto as a bubbly (not really, just a role she was playing) girl to offset the grim attitude of Albireo. Lycoris' charm lies in her innocence as a victim of the system. Even if in the first novel Hokuto was seen as lacking character, the sequel made up for this in spades by showing that she was possibly more jaded than Albireo was.

.hack//SIGN had ladies as the main part of it, but it managed to avoid so many tropes. The male character (not counting Tsukasa) that had the majority of the screen time was a middle aged writer who acted as the party's sense of reason along with a strategist (BT), a stubborn but devoted warrior (Mimiru) and a leader tired of their role (Subaru). Had this been a typical anime Mimiru would have fallen head over heels for the "dark and brooding" Tsukasa. Thankfully they never played it like that, their relationship went beyond that so basic of level. Subaru and Tsukasa's bonding feels quite legitimate in comparison to many other anime, as the two bond from a sense of isolation and find meaning in one another.

The Quadrilogy had the main male as an inquisitive, intellectual more suited to the role of tactician than the typical male leader role hence his trepidation about his role in //Outbreak as his efforts seem to be crashing down around him. It's ironically BlackRose who has most of those classic traits, yet even she becomes more nuanced than those tropes. I love in games, anime, and movies when there is a sense of "partnership" that goes beyond simple affection. Kite and BlackRose, Balthier and Fran from FFXII, Duck and Fakir from Princess Tutu are good examples of this I find. A relationship that is based in equality in all things.

And I felt R:2 continued this trend as a clear balancing act with //LINK really making Saika just as important to the plot in terms of character development as Tokio. It pains me to see this perfect balance thrown away with a harem based game. It's quite literally stooping to the level of people who already ripped off your original ideas.
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

@Falions
I think Reki got better at writing over the years which is why I clearly prefer AW over SAO, but yeah.
I read the SAO LNs as well and it didn't really got better. My favorite part was actually Mother's Rosario which was (probably not coincidentally) the only part with Asuna as main character and no harem pandering. The new arc Alicization is just as bad as the former stuff: tons of females fascinated by the main character, over powered protags (especially the main heroine, who loves Kirito as well), evil female side characters with big titts and all male characters aside of the main character are either evil, dying, unimportant or hot for one of the females who, of course, has only eyes for Kirito, even in his vegetable state. And the main villain is a crazy male psychopath who wants the main heroine again, just like with Alfheim Online or GGO.
I have to admit that the other trapped-in-a-game series aren't much better either. It's almost always about an overly perfect hero and tons of cute and loyal girls. I just hope that .hack's main plot will never pander to those fanbases. Maybe some spin-offs here and there to attract attention, but not the main thing. .hack was always very progressive and unusual. SIGN alone thematised more human problems or characteristics than most of the other anime I've seen in all those years together.