.hack//LINK Unofficial Fan Translation Project

Kazetrigger

Re: .hack//LINK Unofficial Fan Translation Project

Post by Kazetrigger »

Lindz wrote:Took about a month since my last update (doing things in bulk per era this time instead of daily) but its there now. I've also been updating my old post ta mention things that have been changed/fixed!

fwiw I haven't had any problems with the game freezing due to the intro. The v0.2.3 patch has run about as well as the previous ones for better or worse lol. I was really surprised to see the intro subbed! Literally zero professionally released retail games bother to sub intros >_> Think we'll get a subbed end credits to? Oh an what're the other movie files? Guessing end credits and 2 from 2024, but no idea on what the other 6/7 are!
Crows wrote:(I was specifically interested in the ZERO chapter because that novel was never translated into english and while summaries are nice I like hearing the characters talk to each other and I wish I knew what they were saying.)
Having gone through it within the last week or so I can say the ZERO chapter not fully translated as of the latest patch an going by the proposed schedule won't be until the next-next one (barring any surprise v0.3.X's).
The other movie files are just videos of the submarine moving and the akashic records, but there is no dialogue in them.

I can figure out how, I will also translate the end credits.

And although I understand you only need the Zero chapter, like I said, to find the specific files for only that chapter would prove time consuming and confusing. There's the possibility of missing dialogue or giving you a transcript for the wrong chapter if I don't get the file numbers right. Also, ZERO was never completed (at least the novel wasn't), so it doesn't give all that much to work with.
Crows

Post by Crows »

Ah, that's ok! I've never been involved in a project like this so I didn't know if it was something that could be easily done or not. I don't mind waiting for future patches/playthroughs since I was going to watch a full english playthrough once it was uploaded anyways.

Keep up the good work you guys! I really admire your hard work and dedication.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

I just came across a repeatable audio glitch in G.U. 04. Once the Arena "crowd noise" sound effect(bgm?) starts playing, it don't stop! It'll play through all scenes an even once you're back in Mac Anu its still going. In fact it'll even follow ya back to the Grand Whale, other chapters, even areas! This obviously don't happen off the UMD an I never encountered it in a previous patch. Skipping a scene, saving an reloading, or entering then stopping an area playthrough will all get rid of it. This chapters partially translated an the scene in which the noise starts is translated. Dunno if that's got anything ta do with it though. I'd call this a harmless glitch overall, though it is kinda an earsore lol.
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

Lindz wrote:I just came across a repeatable audio glitch in G.U. 04. Once the Arena "crowd noise" sound effect(bgm?) starts playing, it don't stop! It'll play through all scenes an even once you're back in Mac Anu its still going. In fact it'll even follow ya back to the Grand Whale, other chapters, even areas! This obviously don't happen off the UMD an I never encountered it in a previous patch. Skipping a scene, saving an reloading, or entering then stopping an area playthrough will all get rid of it. This chapters partially translated an the scene in which the noise starts is translated. Dunno if that's got anything ta do with it though. I'd call this a harmless glitch overall, though it is kinda an earsore lol.
Yeah, there are a ton of glitches. The good news is that the tools I need to fix the game should be complete soon. Hopefully within a month. Then after that, things should go a lot smoother.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Kazetrigger wrote:Yeah, there are a ton of glitches. The good news is that the tools I need to fix the game should be complete soon. Hopefully within a month. Then after that, things should go a lot smoother.
That's great news! The game eventually being crash-free will make me psp happy! I got a crash just today from scrolling through the wallpaper ta purchase list x.x; I beat the game on 0.2.3 now! Dunno what if anything this or the last patch added to the post-game stuff but I oughta be able to get through it an look things over before the next one drops, I hope!
Falions

Post by Falions »

I'm planning on restarting the game because I left it just about 3/4 finished as the translation started to become pretty sparse around the G.U. section, and hope that by the time I reach the G.U. section, the next patch will be out. Amazing that even after five years I'm still unspoiled on the game!

Keep up the good work!
bentedwreath

Post by bentedwreath »

Youtube took down the second video! Does anyone still have the second video???
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

bentedwreath wrote:Youtube took down the second video! Does anyone still have the second video???
Which video are you talking about? I don't see anything missing.
DeathbyGlamour

Post by DeathbyGlamour »

Kazetrigger wrote:
bentedwreath wrote:Youtube took down the second video! Does anyone still have the second video???
Youtube didn't take the video down, but Victor Entertainment blocked it from being shown to US users because of the whole Youtube Red issue.
Is there anyway you could reupload the story to vimeo/dailymotion?
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

DeathbyGlamour wrote:
Kazetrigger wrote:
Youtube didn't take the video down, but Victor Entertainment blocked it from being shown to US users because of the whole Youtube Red issue.
Is there anyway you could reupload the story to vimeo/dailymotion?
Oh, you would have to talk to Jun Bansyoya about that or Tordre. I don't have access to any of those files.
God Ginrai

Post by God Ginrai »

Yea, I would also appreciate download links for those videos, that way I can still watch them even when things like this happen. I was going to use those videos to introduce my friends to the story of Link.

-God Ginrai
NCDyson

Post by NCDyson »

did you ever fix the freezing on the mailer/other stuff? If not I don't mind looking into it.
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

NCDyson wrote:did you ever fix the freezing on the mailer/other stuff? If not I don't mind looking into it.
The issue has not been fixed. If you know how to code and work on PSP games, then you may be able to help.
Pokemongreenguy

Post by Pokemongreenguy »

I had the loading screen problem, but i found a way to fix it. (for me anyway)When you are in the final steps in UMDGen_v3.50 at first i didn't delete the data.cmd but just moved it to the iso, but then i right clicked the data.cmd in the iso and then deleted it and "then" i moved the patched data.cmd and made created the iso now it works just fine. (and this works with the translated opening)
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

Pokemongreenguy wrote:I had the loading screen problem, but i found a way to fix it. (for me anyway)When you are in the final steps in UMDGen_v3.50 at first i didn't delete the data.cmd but just moved it to the iso, but then i right clicked the data.cmd in the iso and then deleted it and "then" i moved the patched data.cmd and made created the iso now it works just fine. (and this works with the translated opening)
The second way you did it is the way it's supposed to be done anyway. From my experience this didn't actually fix anything.

It may be that your game has just not frozen yet.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Potentially stupid question incoming!

So I just started play //Link again and I also recently downloaded the "Mirage Mutation" patch that was released back in April.

The (probably dumb question) is: How do I patch it? I extracted the files into my //Link file I made when I first downloaded the game but I'm not sure how to patch it. I tried clicking this one file in the folder that said " Run to patch" but I'm not sure if it worked. I also looked into the Nicoblog forums and I found this http://nicoblog.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 7c4664f9ae

But I'm still confused after looking into it.
NCDyson

Post by NCDyson »

Keyaki wrote:Potentially stupid question incoming!

So I just started play //Link again and I also recently downloaded the "Mirage Mutation" patch that was released back in April.

The (probably dumb question) is: How do I patch it? I extracted the files into my //Link file I made when I first downloaded the game but I'm not sure how to patch it. I tried clicking this one file in the folder that said " Run to patch" but I'm not sure if it worked. I also looked into the Nicoblog forums and I found this http://nicoblog.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 7c4664f9ae

https://dothacktranslate.wordpress.com/ ... anslation/
that's the process, except now the run_to_patch.bat generates the new data.cpk for you instead of you needing to do it.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

NCDyson wrote:
Keyaki wrote:Potentially stupid question incoming!

https://dothacktranslate.wordpress.com/ ... anslation/
that's the process, except now the run_to_patch.bat generates the new data.cpk for you instead of you needing to do it.
I see. I'm currently on the last step but I cant find the "patch.zip" file like it says in the instructions.
Also, I'm at the part where Tokio has to talk to Mimiru for the first time, but I'm stuck on the "Now loading..." screen and then my emulator crashes
blazenwhiper

Post by blazenwhiper »

Is there any way to get by the the e-mail glitch? Its happening to me the very first time you gain access to it and i can't advance any further.
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

blazenwhiper wrote:Is there any way to get by the the e-mail glitch? Its happening to me the very first time you gain access to it and i can't advance any further.
The solution is listed on the download page at dothacktranslate. Please read the whole page.