Can not CC2 Remake .Hack//Link

SuperHacker101

Can not CC2 Remake .Hack//Link

Post by SuperHacker101 »

Okay! This is my opinion after playing the entire game and would like to say (Please don't kill me....) that .Hack//Link has gotta be one of the worst games I have ever played in my entire life and worst game in the series.

Of course some people will disagree and some will agree anyways back on topic.

.Hack//Link is extremely repetitive it brings a new league of repetition in its own way. The gameplay is horrible... Only having two sets of skills equipped aswell along with only allowing two items is really annoying. The dungeon bosses are not even a challenge at all even the very high level ones.... They only have two attacks and you can easily dodge them and go behind and keep attacking until they go into break where you then press L button and stuff.

The players (NPC's) in menu towns are completely useless and no longer can you trade items with them for better stuff infact you can't buy better weapons or anything like that at all in the game and having to do the same dungeons 3 ~ 4 or higher just tells me that the developers were too lazy to create more dungeons and have the players to go through and through and through the same dungeons and fight same bosses all the freaking time!

Seriously! Who the hell was in charge of this game and what were the developers thinking at the time?! Now I see why it was worst selling game in Japan and it couldn't even make it's way to the States nor Europe for that matter.

Anyways cannot CC2 make a remake of .Hack//Link and put it onto the PS3 and Xbox 360???

With Root towns, trading players, better gameplay, better story wise, more skills to equip and items, more dungeons, more bosses, more monsters and most of all ANIMATED CUT-SCENES not Manga cut-scenes.
coslink

Re: Can not CC2 Remake .Hack//Link

Post by coslink »

It would be great to see this game - but I'm afraid CC2 have moved on from it long ago - heck they're making their dot hack concept now and probualy have no intention in touching .hack// Link

I agree, it is a poor game. But, it does shave a few good points:
1.) It's a .hack Game - any fan would agree that something new in .hack// is always worth checking out - It (was) a fresh chapter in the series with an intersting story
2.) Although you only get 3 to a party - there are tons of characters to pair up with. Yes I know the AI isn't the greatest ( as yes sometimes they do just stand there...) but its nice seeing old faces
3.) You are reminded about the great milestones in the series - all the way back to AI buster to the G.U. games with all the little bits in the middle - It's simply fan service for their hard core audience
4.) The voice acting and the story - Like it said, the story is exciting and the voice actors do their best to great a brilliant atmosphere in the cut scenes
5.) The art work of the characters - is clean and works well for the style - I'm so thrilled that the artists drew nearly all the characters!

yes I would have loved more dungeon variety, to walk around the root towns and even use a scope of magic abilities - but a .hack// game is still a .hack// game- valued in an individual sort of way ^^
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Fully animated cutscenes on a handheld system...?

Even Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories on the GBA SP did not have fully animated cutscenes. I'm sure that there may be some games that might use that to their advantage, but it's all a matter of budget.

Though, with the new .hack concept, I doubt they'd do something like RE: Chain of Memories.
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

Maybe... somewhere in the far future, they will :D
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Helbaworshipper wrote:Fully animated cutscenes on a handheld system...?

Even Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories on the GBA SP did not have fully animated cutscenes. I'm sure that there may be some games that might use that to their advantage, but it's all a matter of budget.

Though, with the new .hack concept, I doubt they'd do something like RE: Chain of Memories.
Well Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance both had fully animated cutscenes, so you're argument with chain of memories is kind of a generation behind when .hack//Link was released.

Though I seriously doubt .hack//Link will ever be remade and if it is it will be a HD port in a .hack//HD Collection, which is just as unlikely as a remake at the moment. I was okay with .hack//Link story wise, didn't understand a word while playing though, but the gameplay and presentation severely lacked and most likely lead to it not be released in the US.

If you have it or plan to buy it check out the translation and enjoy the mediocre gameplay and presentation cause that is the only way you will probably ever be able to play it.
If you want a better game by Cyber Connect 2 check out Solatorobo on the DS or Asura's Wrath on the PS3 and Xbox360.