Anime Help Forum

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Anime Help Forum

Post by Erranty »

I wanted to start this because i just remembered bits and pieces of an anime, but I have no way to search for it with what little I remember.

I remember there was a main character, a standard love story, but what stood out was that he was part of a club that loved abandoned buildings. So he and his friends, and I think 2 girls, took the train to a far away town, strolled up this hill to an abandoned place (I think I was like a big summer home) and checked it out. The end up spending the night, but some time in the middle of the night stuff falls from the sky, there's a chase scene through the forest, and suddenly I remember this floating girl who was glowing a faint blue. Some government guys come I think, and that's all I remember.

I have absolutely no idea which anime it was. Can anyone help?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Anime Help Forum

Post by Kuukai »

I absolutely have not seen this, sounds hardcore obscure. But you can figure out almost any anime if you have the right information. I helped my coworker do this with one from his childhood. Do you have any idea what era it was from? Sounds pretty 90's... OVA or TV? If you can't remember that, then any idea about number of episodes or whether or not it had an opening also helps. Fansub release only?
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

Well, out of the list of anime that I know I've watched. Here's ones that could be a possibility since I don't remember them too well, I've ruled out a bunch based on their art style and theme.

Dragonaut: The Resonance
Linebarrels of Iron
Noein

Now, even with all that, I'm sure there's some I'm not listing here that I just can't remember.

The setting was current day, and they were school kids.

Artwork wise it was between 2002 era and 2007. Good art quality, the characters weren't designed like Moe characters, had normal color hair instead of blue or mint green or pink (from what I remember). It was a TV anime so I saw it on either Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Sci-fi, or G4.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

maybe Animatrix? And I'm kinda trying to find an old anime I used to watch, it was about jet's and dogfights, I think the main character was duped into enlisting.
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

Darker than black or possibly that dragonuat anime I watched some of it but didnt catch the beginging and I remeber there was a dude and a girl who was an alien or something and the guy was a high schooler and he was into space ships and stuff.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

I can tell you for sure it's not Noein.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

well thanks anyway you guys, I just remembered it was area 88, I was looking for it to give as a present.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Are you talking about the remake or the original series of Area 88? I know it was remade and I haven't seen the original version.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Helbaworshipper wrote:Are you talking about the remake or the original series of Area 88? I know it was remade and I haven't seen the original version.
The original version was good, but I was looking for the remake, the OVA had a rather grim ending though which is why I prefer the remake or the original over it.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Ah. I didn't know that the original had a bad ending.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Helbaworshipper wrote:Ah. I didn't know that the original had a bad ending.
It wasn't bad as in terrible but  it's implied Shin dies when Area 88 is overrun by the enemy, kinda heartbreaking to see all his hard work gone to waste.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Double post but whatever, can anyone recommend an anime similar to Kino's journey?
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Mushishi might be up your alley, Kaori. It is a collection of stories with a man wandering around a beautiful world.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Helbaworshipper wrote:Mushishi might be up your alley, Kaori. It is a collection of stories with a man wandering around a beautiful world.
I didn't like the supernatural aspects of it, I prefer a sense of realism to it.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Kaori wrote:
Helbaworshipper wrote:Mushishi might be up your alley, Kaori. It is a collection of stories with a man wandering around a beautiful world.
I didn't like the supernatural aspects of it, I prefer a sense of realism to it.
That's not exactly a popular type of show, Kaori.