New .hack//Game?

(Phantom) Thief

Re: New .hack//Game?

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Kuukai wrote:
Keyaki wrote:Force Era? Black Box...as in the Harald System?
Force Era is the setting of the movie, the 4th version of The World. Black Box as in the actual Epitaph world Lara entered that existed within Fragment. Her voice bleeds over into Fragment and ends up inspiring Balmung and W.B. Yeats.
Keyaki wrote: Clones?

Yea, I'm lost.
 The Sophia System was created by using the remains of the Akashic Records to gather up Aura's fragments and mass produce her.

Personally I wanted to put this on the first page, it's only in every article about this, but everyone in the American fandom is so squeamish about spoilers and no one's watched my video...
That sounds neat actually or were you referring to what Geist was working on. All I can remember is that ALTIMIT released a virus to promote Sophia. Can you post a link to the video. I thought the article was just a brief overview of Aura's history.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:
Kuukai wrote:
Keyaki wrote:Force Era? Black Box...as in the Harald System?
Force Era is the setting of the movie, the 4th version of The World. Black Box as in the actual Epitaph world Lara entered that existed within Fragment. Her voice bleeds over into Fragment and ends up inspiring Balmung and W.B. Yeats.
Keyaki wrote: Clones?

Yea, I'm lost.
 The Sophia System was created by using the remains of the Akashic Records to gather up Aura's fragments and mass produce her.

Personally I wanted to put this on the first page, it's only in every article about this, but everyone in the American fandom is so squeamish about spoilers and no one's watched my video...
That sounds neat actually or were you referring to what Geist was working on. All I can remember is that ALTIMIT released a virus to promote Sophia. Can you post a link to the video. I thought the article was just a brief overview of Aura's history.
Yea, because I have no idea who Sophia is considering I haven't seen Quantum.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It's not explained in Quantum. Sophia's appearance in Quantum is more like Skeith's appearance in SIGN--a random cameo. Her origin is hinted at in the stuff that came with Link and confirmed in the recent articles about the movie like the Famitsu one with all the smartphone images. Not finding the link at the moment...

In other news LOTS of new movie info. Canard is now a major guild, TaN was recreated by Pirochio and Eta. Medic Union was replaced by... Team-C.U.R.E.? There's a map of "The World" (also known as "Alba") showing where everything is. There are 34 classes. The movie already looks like a better game than Link.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201201/18008112.html

Considering Canard's logo is Haseo... this info may be relevant to the game.
Rozalin

Post by Rozalin »

Canard's Logo and 200-meter Class Kite Airship
They named the airship Kite? Gee I wonder who suggest that name but yeah that ship reminds me of something from Final Fantasy
~Plays FF4 Red wings~

It just makes me want the game even more but yes thanks for the info
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

The way they wrote it it seems like it's more an entire type of warship as opposed to the name of one

EDIT: But one thing I want to know is... can a Kiteship data drain? Sure looks like it might.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Kuukai wrote:The way they wrote it it seems like it's more an entire type of warship as opposed to the name of one

EDIT: But one thing I want to know is... can a Kiteship data drain? Sure looks like it might.
Data drain cannon... FIRE!
hidora

Post by hidora »

Kaori wrote:
Kuukai wrote:The way they wrote it it seems like it's more an entire type of warship as opposed to the name of one

Data drain cannon... FIRE!

ohwait, wrong cannon...

Back on topic... so much detail for just a movie o_o
...and I like it :p
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Kinda hope not. Seems like Data Drain is just becoming kind-of...overrated...

I do want Data Drain, but not like that~
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

hidora wrote:Back on topic... so much detail for just a movie o_o
Yeah, they're treating it like a real feature film! Like Star Wars or something... They have the whole world thought out. It feels like the budget is kind of amazing...
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Kuukai wrote:
hidora wrote:Back on topic... so much detail for just a movie o_o
Yeah, they're treating it like a real feature film! Like Star Wars or something... They have the whole world thought out. It feels like the budget is kind of amazing...
I just want a taste of the soundtrack, anyway concerning the game, is that PC really Haseo or some sort of character template/skin?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Kaori wrote:I just want a taste of the soundtrack, anyway concerning the game, is that PC really Haseo or some sort of character template/skin?
We already have 3 really amazing-sounding songs actually:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uv5H6dqJiA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyRA_FIlLUE&t=52s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52SX7SwkyhA&t=41s

The last one is called "Gathering Light" by KOKIA. A lot of things have changed since Link came out--Sayaka Aida, the standard voice of Kite, was swapped out as Sora's VA in favor of star power, David speaks in Kansai-ben now (although both these voices in Link could have just been placeholders never intended to be final), and again in favor of star power they got KOKIA to do the main song--but nevertheless the song from the first teaser is so good I'd imagine they're still using it. Link's soundtrack was amazing in the way it mixed LieN and outside groups.

The new Haseo could be the actual Haseo, I mean, his face is part of Canard's logo. Or it could be a new player like Sora...
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Beautiful, it always gives me that calm feeling, I cant wait for more, anyway back on the game, I assume the combat mechanics would be the same? Or is it different? I haven't really played anything but link.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

If the gameplay of the nextgen game is the same as Link, fans are going to burn down CC2. I would bet good money that this game will be almost nothing like Link. I'm hoping it's a lot more like G.U. which had by far the best gameplay. If they combine that with better ally control, the main thing the first game had going for it (because there was nothing else to do but press "circle") we'll be in business!

....That said, I'll be the first to set forth the idea that this game is some kind of Link2, and that Haseo in the screenshots is past Haseo/a Twilight Knight. That would also explain why it doesn't take place in FORCE:ERA--no Akashic Records. But that still doesn't mean the gameplay has to suck, does it?
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Kuukai wrote:....That said, I'll be the first to set forth the idea that this game is some kind of Link2, and that Haseo in the screenshots is past Haseo/a Twilight Knight. That would also explain why it doesn't take place in FORCE:ERA--no Akashic Records. But that still doesn't mean the gameplay has to suck, does it?

If the gameplay of the nextgen game is the same as Link, fans are going to burn down CC2. I would bet good money that this game will be almost nothing like Link. I'm hoping it's a lot more like G.U. which had by far the best gameplay. If they combine that with better ally control, the main thing the first game had going for it (because there was nothing else to do but press "circle") we'll be in business!

Damn it. Well the movie is out today. I hope it goes well. Matsuyama would not confirm that the main character was the same Haseo we know as Misaki because it isn't. Fine then I claim BST, Ryo working in data management, Skeith, Phantoms or any use of the virus core being collected by Zelkova. As for Canard's Ship Kite, don't they need an epitaph user or some one that can channel that? I know Hiroshi proposed that the technology would be available by 2128 but isn't this a big leap?
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Kuukai wrote:
Kaori wrote:I just want a taste of the soundtrack, anyway concerning the game, is that PC really Haseo or some sort of character template/skin?
We already have 3 really amazing-sounding songs actually:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uv5H6dqJiA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyRA_FIlLUE&t=52s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52SX7SwkyhA&t=41s

The last one is called "Gathering Light" by KOKIA.
For those interested in getting ahold of the movie soundtrack it can be found in yesasia.com for pre-order by searching ".hack movie", there is an ending song disc and either the regular or limited edition OST to choose from ^_^
Drops

Post by Drops »

I'm just glad they're making a new game on a console.

Hopefully Kite is in it though I guess he's already had his time... several times.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I wonder if any old major character would be back and not some half baked version like that creepy Kite clone.
laysh
Sage of Earth
Sage of Earth

Post by laysh »

Judging by the airship picture, It looks like we have a world map sorta thing... Where are my chaos gates? D:
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

laysh wrote:Judging by the airship picture, It looks like we have a world map sorta thing... Where are my chaos gates? D:

Yea, really. I hope they don't remove them.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

The chaos gates served a different purpose, since towns are walled off by barriers or something, right? I forget what part we decided was canon.