New .hack//Game?

Keyaki

Re: New .hack//Game?

Post by Keyaki »

Tolby wrote:Not to play my not so hit record, but with Haseo there I can't possibly see this game meeting any type of expectations for me. And I know how close minded that is based on just those shots of a Haseo PC, but that is honestly my thought process right now. Then again, every .hack thing I've been really excited for after R1 has disappointed me, where as tings like ridiculous looking Tokio, and goofy looking Sayuka I ended up enjoying or loving. Well, Hermit met most expectations.

Everyone start insulting the game so it can't possibly turn out worse than we think.

All I'm gonna say is wait a bit longer for before judging. Ill admit Haseo making a return like especially this far in the future seems quite weird. But then again, let's see what they do.

As for me, i don't really care. Just as long as its not similar to //Link and its on the PS3, I'm happy.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Its gotta be PS3. No other system within this series besides PC is even capable of producing such G.U. Trilogy type graphics.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Advent_Winter wrote:Its gotta be PS3. No other system within this series besides PC is even capable of producing such G.U. Trilogy type graphics.

Oh I dunno maybe the 360....................yea, nevermind LOL
Last edited by Keyaki on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

strange. I thought link was the last installment though
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

They said it was the "final chapter" on the box and when they first mentioned Quantum and the movie, and it still pretty much is. Quantum and the movie are kind of just epilogues to what happened in Link, in the same way SIGN was created as a prologue to the "first chapter." (Infection was actually created first) Even this game is most likely following the larger story from Link. Instead of having a continuous series of games with other media following along, the third season only one game, with supporting media trailing it.

Or at least that's my best guess for why it says "final chapter" on the box. They certainly haven't changed their minds about anything. Matsuyama mentioned 2025 being the termination of the .hack timeline like over a year ago, and within said box were sneak peaks for Quantum and the movie, and other tidbits that might even apply to this game as far as we know.
berserker126

Post by berserker126 »

do we even know if its going to be, like is it going to be like the old games or is there anything new like say MULTIPLAYER? I would totally like to dungeon crawl on PSN with my buddies, is it possible or would they have to make a whole different game for that?
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

berserker126 wrote:do we even know if its going to be, like is it going to be like the old games or is there anything new like say MULTIPLAYER? I would totally like to dungeon crawl on PSN with my buddies, is it possible or would they have to make a whole different game for that?
We don't know anything, because they haven't said anything.

But most likely no. CC Corp never intended to actually create a make-shift MMO after .Hack. The World is just a setting.
Last edited by Keyaki on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
berserker126

Post by berserker126 »

I read online awhile back they were trying to make another game but it got scratched. It was prolly just a rumor but it did get my hopes up, this was back in 08 or 09 or so
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

berserker126 wrote:I read online awhile back they were trying to make another game but it got scratched. It was prolly just a rumor but it did get my hopes up, this was back in 08 or 09 or so
If it was that far back, then it was definitely a rumor.
They said it was the "final chapter" on the box and when they first mentioned Quantum and the movie, and it still pretty much is. Quantum and the movie are kind of just epilogues to what happened in Link, in the same way SIGN was created as a prologue to the "first chapter." (Infection was actually created first) Even this game is most likely following the larger story from Link. Instead of having a continuous series of games with other media following along, the third season only one game, with supporting media trailing it.

Or at least that's my best guess for why it says "final chapter" on the box. They certainly haven't changed their minds about anything. Matsuyama mentioned 2025 being the termination of the .hack timeline like over a year ago, and within said box were sneak peaks for Quantum and the movie, and other tidbits that might even apply to this game as far as we know.
...In other words, first there was Project .Hack where it was //SIGN, IMOQ, //LOTB, //DUSK, //AL Busters, //Another Birth, //XXXX etc.
Then .Hack Conglomerate which involved //G.U., //ROOTs, //CELL, // GnU, //GU (Novels), //GU+, and //GU Trilogy movie.

//Link is the the 3rd project which is now called .Hack// 3rd Season.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

I don't think so. On the bottom of that teaser site, it says .hack//Conglomerate
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

That has nothing to do with what season it is, just the legal affiliation of the companies making it.
berserker126

Post by berserker126 »

Well how do we know if its going to come out here, they could be doing what they did to us with .Hack//Link
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

berserker126 wrote:Well how do we know if its going to come out here, they could be doing what they did to us with .Hack//Link
We don't know anything yet.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Keyaki wrote:
berserker126 wrote:Well how do we know if its going to come out here, they could be doing what they did to us with .Hack//Link
what about online capabilities? DLC or multiplayer?
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Kaori wrote:
Keyaki wrote:
what about online capabilities? DLC or multiplayer?
Not to my knowledge and nothing has been shown yet.
VeshWolfe

Post by VeshWolfe »

That picture of Haseo could mean one of a few things:

-its just an example of the new gfx style and engine, much like the FF7 PS3 demo

-this new game will be a report of LINK for the PS3, which might explain why we never got coverage here

-this new game is a redo of the previous .hack games for the PS3

-Haseo is still playing the world after a long ass time and is back to being an emo-pker

-Skeith is still attached to the "Haseo" player character, and what we are seeing is actually Skeith, similar to Azure Kite from GU

Personally I am going for my final theory.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

-this new game will be a report of LINK for the PS3, which might explain why we never got coverage here

-Haseo is still playing the world after a long ass time and is back to being an emo-pker

-Skeith is still attached to the "Haseo" player character, and what we are seeing is actually Skeith, similar to Azure Kite from GU

1)Why would they do that? Makes no sense.
2)Definitely not. There's absolutely no reason. Besides, this new game is for the project //Link is involved in which is .Hack//3rd Season. Not GU which is .Hack Conglomerate. Not every game needs a remake and .Hack is definitely one of them.
3)Maybe, but probably not being a PKKer. He said himself, he wasn't going back to that.
4) And No. For one thing that's not similar to Azure Kite. Skeith's attached to Haseo's PC yes, but its not like he can take can control of the PC itself and take on his appearance. Azure Kite was a full-on AI.
VeshWolfe

Post by VeshWolfe »

Keyaki wrote:

1)Why would they do that? Makes no sense.
2)Definitely not. There's absolutely no reason. Besides, this new game is for the project //Link is involved in which is .Hack//3rd Season. Not GU which is .Hack Conglomerate. Not every game needs a remake and .Hack is definitely one of them.
3)Maybe, but probably not being a PKKer. He said himself, he wasn't going back to that.
4) And No. For one thing that's not similar to Azure Kite. Skeith's attached to Haseo's PC yes, but its not like he can take can control of the PC itself and take on his appearance. Azure Kite was a full-on AI.

lol, lets try not to take what I said seriously. I was simply trying to state what might be happening based off of the 0.01% of information that we have. What I am quite confident in is that what we are being shown IS Haseo's PC, or rather should be based upon previous visual tendencies present in the overall series. Everytime a new "individual" "acquired" "Kite's PC" there were always variations in its visual appearence. This includes characters such as Shugo, Azure Kite (yes I count his AI as a person), and the individual in Quantum, and this new individual. Granted by the time of the LINK storyline Kite and company (including Haseo) are celebrities and thus would naturally have copycats, it would not make sense to show a teaser of a copycat Haseo. Instead, as far as I can tell, this visualization of Haseo is identical to the one that we knew in GU, so our options are that this is still the same person behind Haseo (even after all these years), someone was mysteriously given his PC, or since Skeith merged with Haseo to save his consciousness it is still tied to his PC and for some reason now using it. As far as I can tell these are the only logical explanations unless they are going to jump back into the whole LINK time traveling thing.

On that note, I seriously hope this game does not continue with the LINK time traveling b.s., because lets face it all LINK amounted to was a fan service game/series.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Keyaki you have several good points. VeshWolfe the new game is a continuation of the third season. And the game is a year after the new movie. But to point it out Skeith has taken control of Ryu Misaki's character before. In fact I understand that was the whole dilemma in Zero, which of the two held dominance. However set aside I am surprised no one has mentioned it but those screen shots look eerily familiar. Don't you agree? (2026)

That said following G. U. Haseo wanted to imitate Ovan with the NAB and may have went into Data Management. Set aside does every one remember the plots left behind in G. U. We can guess some direction the story might take. All though the movie has not mentioned much about MAMA yet. And the e-mail is ever found I would like to investigate what Zelkova was going to do with all those virus cores. (after 2021)

Now then as for Link well I believe most of us can keep it as a fond memory, such as dressing up for Halloween. Yes it nice but you wouldn't want to wear the costume too much as you got older. I think using The World's data as a means of pseudo time travel was a nice touch *cough Way Back When Machine* Honestly though the more important events were real digitization, massive AI production and Aura.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Everytime a new "individual" "acquired" "Kite's PC" there were always variations in its visual appearence. This includes characters such as Shugo, Azure Kite (yes I count his AI as a person), and the individual in Quantum, and this new individual. Granted by the time of the LINK storyline Kite and company (including Haseo) are celebrities and thus would naturally have copycats, it would not make sense to show a teaser of a copycat Haseo.
Well, in the case of Kite that is true. But that's mainly because of Aura. She made a shorter copy of Kite's PC for Shugo just for shits and giggles and to and to aid in Shugo's life long desire to become a Hero. Why she chose Kite's PC? I dunno probably to show Kite how much she thanks him for saving her. Azure Kite, again from her memories of Kite. Kite's the only person Aura knows of whose shown such kindness and such heroism, you ask her to describe the word "Hero" or "Kindness" in one word or ask her what first comes to mind, she'll most likely always say Kite.BUT, given with everything that happened in //GU I wouldn't be surprised if Aura started to feel the same way about Haseo as well as Kite. But let's not get carried away.

Now Quantum and the new Kite(Sora) character in //Link...I can't say much that's positive. IMHO what CC Corp did with that makes no sense to me but whatever. But with //Link anyway, all the characters save Tokio, Saika, Schiksal(excluding Geist) are AIs not really copycats.
Skeith merged with Haseo to save his consciousness
Skeith had nothing to do with saving his consciousness. Haseo's always had a strong sense of will; along with the help of Zelkova it was mainly Haseo who pulled himself out of the falling comatose.
Skeith has taken control of Ryu Misaki's character before.
Right but Ryu was comatose at the time and forcefully merged himself with the Sora PC through data-drain. The way CC Corp did, I guess they attached the Epitaphs to the PCs in a way that's "backwards" to where the player is the driver of the car instead of the car driving the driver.
On that note, I seriously hope this game does not continue with the LINK time traveling b.s., because lets face it all LINK amounted to was a fan service game/series.
I agree.