.hack//the movie (the game)

Tolby

Re: .hack//the movie (the game)

Post by Tolby »

Well, I'm off to go kill myself. Have fun praying for the last 20 or so chapters of this 1000 chapter book to be translated. Goodbye cruel, Japanese, world.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

So much for my epic ideas
TT_____________________TT

But well, we're just back at the point right after the movie was announced, expecting nothing else but that.
And on the bright side of things, we get to see some sort of gameplay in that one clip!!! 8D

*still goes cry somewhere*

A translation of the second video would be quite welcomed, BTW. Or at least just a general idea of what they're talking about.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

cheer up guys, at least doing it tabletop style could work.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

We didn't make any mistake besides publishing news from a reliable source. Many major, obsessively accurate news websites like Anime News Network left the news up after the retraction for far longer than we did. We're actually the site everyone referenced in taking it down, we're not the site that inititially spread it.

Note that we didn't publish any of the misguided reports (even the ones from Japanese fansites) that Matsuyama was talking about this being more than an extra in his Twitter feed, because the context of that post was unclear. Hell, ANN is *still* reading it wrong, if there's one thing it doesn't mean it's what they have...

Even Matsuyama retweeted the headline in question, which continues to puzzle everyone.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Kuukai wrote:We didn't make any mistake besides publishing news from a reliable source. Many major, obsessively accurate news websites like Anime News Network left the news up after the retraction for far longer than we did. We're actually the site everyone referenced in taking it down, we're not the site that inititially spread it.

Note that we didn't publish any of the misguided reports (even the ones from Japanese fansites) that Matsuyama was talking about this being more than an extra in his Twitter feed, because the context of that post was unclear. Hell, ANN is *still* reading it wrong, if there's one thing it doesn't mean it's what they have...

Even Matsuyama retweeted the headline in question, which continues to puzzle everyone.
Updated user avatar to point out his troll was executed horribly.
styleZsick

Post by styleZsick »

my heart breaks...and why did HM tweet about it then?! UGH
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Cruncher is hilarious, a year ago when we were already covering the movie he insisted that it wasn't going to happen (and also, somehow that .hack wasn't going to end either), and now he's just trying to get even by finding anyone, anywhere wrong about anything... I don't even know who "we" is, he doesn't have a news site. It's easy to not report on this if you don't report on anything, or if you take a week to update. Neither of those are virtues...

Matsuyama made two separate tweets that are coming up. One was "This is all just me talking to myself, but it's not an extra/omake!" People interpreted this to be about the game, but it could easily be about the movie, about his Solatorobo stuff, about some random personal thing, who knows? The other tweet was when he retweeted the uncorrected Game Watch article that said there was a game. But this was one of many, many articles covering the event that he retweeted. It's weird he didn't read/comment on it, so if you really, really need to believe you can hold onto that as evidence that "maybe they're making one anyway." But it's more likely just a mistake he made.
CirilloPrimo

Post by CirilloPrimo »

cruncher3019 wrote:You're mistaking the reasons for my actions for what they really are. A dislike of Dothackers.

Any questions?
U mad bro?
Seriously this trolling is worse than Hurricane Irene
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

cruncha3019 wrote:Are you joking me? You all got the news from that unreliable site, then you spread it to other sites like ANN.
ANN beat us by about an hour, we got it from them and sourced it accordingly. Impress Game Watch is not an "unreliable site", it's an industry leader. That's why ANN and GamePro and others trusted it. It was a one-in-a-hundred mistake by their reporter there, I'd hardly even blame them. Matsuyama himself even retweeted it, which is downright confusing.
cruncha3019 wrote:Way to try and defend yourselves, morons.
It's really easy if all you do is make stuff up...
cruncha3019 wrote:You're kidding me, right? A couple of our members brought it to our attention that you idiots were spreading false info. Which you were. Then we found ti hilarious that ANN credited YOU for the retraction when ti was YOU who supplied them with the false info.
Is even a word of this true? I'd like to see something timestamped where someone, anyone discovered the retraction before us. We even beat the Japanese fansites.
cruncha3019 wrote:Oh, and allow me to point out, Kuukai, that you argued that the series would end after LINK, to which I pointed out Quantum. I never said it wasn't ending after the third season. Please have your facts straight next time you try to badmouth me.

Read it all here: http://dothack.com/forums/showthread.ph ... ost1047552
I sure don't see me saying that. I see you replying to a user:
AzureSky231 wrote:Hi... I'm fairly new to this site (just started today) and I know this question is kinda old, but why end .Hack? It's a great game! It baffle's me that they could even consider shutting down Project .Hack

Your opinions are valued. please write back your thoghts on this situation...
crunch3019 wrote:the story isn't over, as was hypothesized with link. In fact, a new anime is coming out.
I see me saying:
Kuukai2 wrote:It isn't a hypothesis, they say it pretty much once a month. Link is the last game, and this "third season" is the conclusion of .hack. We knew about Quantum a year ago, when they said there would be a new anime following the game (and also a new cg movie) at TGS 2009. This was reported all over the place and you can even watch the live announcement on the preorder bonus DVD that comes with Link. They're not going to reconsider this. Matsuyama got dozens of questions about this on his blog, and to simplify: if you want .hack for a system with a "3" in the name he'll see you in hell. There is no MMO. They are, however, working on some brand new, original next-gen games.
This is, of course, exactly where we are now. Not a single thing has changed between now and then (not that I wouldn't love to be wrong about the no game thing). You go on to say that, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary:
crunch3019 wrote:Is Quantum the end of the .hack series? Possibly.
How did that work out for you? (Thanks for digging up the link for me btw)

I'd never ban you for hating us but I will ban you for flooding if you keep triple-posting...
d5t

Post by d5t »

Kuukai wrote:
I'd never ban you for hating us but I will ban you for flooding if you keep triple-posting...
Don't worry, I love squashing trolls. You know they thrive on attention, and if we're fast enough he doesn't get precious reactions. :D Thanks for all those who reported him.
Aera

Post by Aera »

cruncher3019 wrote:
d5t wrote:
Kuukai wrote:
Don't worry, I love squashing trolls. You know they thrive on attention, and if we're fast enough he doesn't get precious reactions. :D Thanks for all those who reported him.

Sorry buddy, I'm still here. But yeah, sure, coming in here, calling you guys out and then getting into an argument with your members because they can't handle the facts. "Trolling."

Hahahaahaha.

Go go HoL
http://hol.crimsonkobalds.com/index.php

Are you lost, young one?
d5t

Post by d5t »

Well.... he's using proxies to register. The dude officially has no life trolling a small fansite. Everyone else, carry on. Lives aren't at stake - although cruncher's priorities are in question...
d5t

Post by d5t »

cruncha3019 wrote:Yeah, man, because me doing this between other things totally means I have no life. Congratulations on making a petty insult with no basis.

Proxies aren't hard or time consuming. Hahaha.

What really gets me is this silly cover-up. Just accept it.
PS you blog sucks http://kyleseverydaystuff.blogspot.com/ update it already 8)

edit: I'd like to see a GOW 3 review by Mr. Kyle Gardner, actually.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

d5t wrote:
Kuukai wrote:
I was pretty sure I was trolling him.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Kuukai wrote:
d5t wrote:
Kuukai wrote:
I was pretty sure I was trolling him.
Great title for a book - What Happens When They Troll Back?!

Kyle, that matches the same e-mail you used to create an account on here. It's your old blog. Now, go and report on .hack news if you dislike us so much... and make sure you have at least 5 confirmed news sources before you post anything.

From your defunct blog:
- I will talk about the funny points of my day
- Talk about Video games along with an in dept review of 1 game a week
Get going - you've got a lot of games to catch up on... and I hope today isn't a funny point, but might be for me and Kuukai
thecrunch

Post by thecrunch »

Why did you delete my post? :O

I deleted that blog when you posted it. That's why it led to nothing.

It really is cruel to make up false information about me. My real name is Kyle Gardner.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

did Mr. Matsuyama do anything about his tweet though?
d5t

Post by d5t »

Kaori wrote:did Mr. Matsuyama do anything about his tweet though?
I think he didn't read the whole article end to end and just retweeted it, like most of us do. Maybe this is one elaborate plot to shock us at TGS?
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

d5t wrote:
Kaori wrote:did Mr. Matsuyama do anything about his tweet though?
I think he didn't read the whole article end to end and just retweeted it, like most of us do. Maybe this is one elaborate plot to shock us at TGS?
well lets hope for the best but plan for the worst then.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

The whole game thing was in the headline, but presumably he didn't even read that. He was retweeting a lot of news...